Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why can’t business class award seats be booked on Delta.com for Air France flights?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:29 am

I'm really worried about this. YYZ-CDG always has great availability and I just got the Cap One Canadian Skymiles card to start saving up DL miles for this route...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by blug
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
I'm not at work (and never can post from there) but I was getting error messages on my end, even on a couple domestic flights yesterday - which makes my best guess is 'yep, it's a bug, and they are working on it'.
I assume you are getting the "just sold out" message. This is a problem for years. It happens especially frequently when you search 2 BE seats on transpacific flights. When you select a "low" award, you almost always get "just sold out". The fact is, there is simply no TPAC DL flight that has 2 BE low award seats. However, the calendar keeps showing green on a couple of dates. Trust me, DL is NOT working on it.
Your assertion is somewhat incorrect as I was able to find low (2) DL J inventory TATL and TPAC (try HND) over the weekend. The issue was with the return TATL.

Side note, let's not assail NWA/flygirl. She posts here on her own terms and assists with info as she can. I'd suggest forwarding more direct concerns to the proper channels via DL.com.

Last edited by Denolloyd; Mar 19, 2012 at 10:38 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:48 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Your assertion is somewhat incorrect as I was able to find low (2) DL J inventory TATL and TPAC (try HND) over the weekend. The issue was with the return TATL.

Side note, let's not assail NWA/flygirl. She posts here on her own terms and assists with info as she can. I'd suggest forwarding more direct concerns to the proper channels via DL.com.
+1. Thanks for NWA/flygirl to even post and suggest solutions. It would be great if she could try a dummy booking of award seats on DL from where O is available from the AF buckets when she is back at work. Perhaps she will be able to identify the issue (which has been seen for a few days) and escalate.

On a perhaps related note. It used to be that O would show on EF when doing a simple "fare availability" search. Now, O only shows when doing a specific "award and upgrades" search. And the switch seems to corresponds with the inabilty of DL agents to book AF O even when clearly available. I wonder if AF changed something in their system that handles the award tix within the last few days, therefore affecting the ability of delta side to book those award/upgrades...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nada :(
Delta assist just told me that the reason they can't book ANY af business class seats is because there are none. Ever. so there we have it AF is sold out of O inventory all year long!

Wow
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by kfennell
Delta assist just told me that the reason they can't book ANY af business class seats is because there are none. Ever. so there we have it AF is sold out of O inventory all year long!

Wow
Lame
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else

Wow
They told me that there are no seats on the flights that I cited at them. I guess I should have put out the challenge for them to find one, too. The really frustrating thing is that we can't seem to get anyone at DL actually acknowledge that there's a problem here. All AF award inventory has disappeared (or if it appears is unbookable), and no one seems to acknowledge that it's a problem, other than NWA/Deltaflygirl's input and reports so far suggesting that it does sound like a glitch. Hopefully if something's not resolved first, she can escalate things when she's back in the office.

The latest comment on Lucky's post about this problem indicates that even the KL seats we can see on DL.dumb aren't showing in the internal DL reservations system. Anyone have any thoughts on to whom we should be addressing this issue? The people answering the phones aren't going to realize that those of us here represent some of the most knowledgeable DL award bookers around (outside of call center staff, and we beat out a good fraction of them, too), and so we're going to keep getting lines about there not being inventory.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Can anyone get a travel agent friend to take a ss of the saber screen or whatever it is they use that shows O inventory on an AF flight I have asked a travel agent I used in the past, but no response so far. This would probably help.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum
I got DeltaAssist to agree to send the issue up the chain last night. The agent I dealt with was not condescending about it. And I have contacted a contact I have at DL corporate side (not in IT or reservations) to see if they will forward the question to someone who can actually get action.

Very frustrating, this all is. I was in the middle of trying to book a complicated multi-party business class trip to Europe in summer and having pieced together something over weeks that was bookable, suddenly started getting these error messages, etc. when I tried to book on Saturday. Am tempted to book econ awards and upgrade the seats to O class when it opens up, because the DL domestic connecting segments are likely to sell out by the time this is fixed.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:32 am

It could also be that DL is aware of the problem but does not want to admit it.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by app47
I got DeltaAssist to agree to send the issue up the chain last night. The agent I dealt with was not condescending about it. And I have contacted a contact I have at DL corporate side (not in IT or reservations) to see if they will forward the question to someone who can actually get action.

Very frustrating, this all is. I was in the middle of trying to book a complicated multi-party business class trip to Europe in summer and having pieced together something over weeks that was bookable, suddenly started getting these error messages, etc. when I tried to book on Saturday. Am tempted to book econ awards and upgrade the seats to O class when it opens up, because the DL domestic connecting segments are likely to sell out by the time this is fixed.
Please post if you hear any headway being made
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:43 am

Please post if you hear any headway being made
I tried with @deltaassist also.
Got the same response: "Must be reserved for FB customers, may release seats soon"
I told them that O is O and should be available for delta to book. Told them that issue has been lingering for a few days and if they could please really check with IT and skyteam desk...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by vgb2001
I tried with @deltaassist also.
Got the same response: "Must be reserved for FB customers, may release seats soon"
I told them that O is O and should be available for delta to book. Told them that issue has been lingering for a few days and if they could please really check with IT and skyteam desk...
I tried explaining O is O, but NG didn't seem to get it. I got "Currently there are no AF Business or First class award seats available for your requested flights." I've now suggested that the matter be escalated to IT. Maybe if we get a bunch of people tweeting and asking them to have IT check it, they will.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
I tried explaining O is O, but NG didn't seem to get it. I got "Currently there are no AF Business or First class award seats available for your requested flights." I've now suggested that the matter be escalated to IT. Maybe if we get a bunch of people tweeting and asking them to have IT check it, they will.
OK so multiple FT members have:
-Called
-Tweeted
-E-Mailed

DL's response... AF must have no Business Class award availability on any flight on any date. What a company!!!!
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I am tweeting and emailing a contact at Delta. Having the same issue.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
I am tweeting and emailing a contact at Delta. Having the same issue.
Be prepared for your friend to tell you that AF Business awards are very popular and it's just tough to get them. No way DL could possibly have a bug in the system.

I have a feeling if the system to purchase AF Business Class tickets with cash went down, there would be a much faster response by DL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.