Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 8:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rammer
Go here:

http://db.tt/Z87c3nxX

And for the Delta window decal, here

http://db.tt/vtY5zeBS

Not sure how else to make you believe me....
Nope. No photos.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:10 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Nope. No photos.
Methinks the OP may have taken the photos out of his Dropbox folder, and so they are not available publicly.

However, they provided more than enough proof when they were available.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
First, let me start off by saying, kudos to Delta for the implementation of this program. ^ For those of us that are Atlanta based, you can’t help but notice that Southwest is coming to town and their marketing has been turning up the volume. It is getting louder – Billboards, Radio spots, now Atlanta specific TV ads, and it is likely to get much louder as we get closer to February launch. Anything that Delta can do to set itself apart, IMO, is a smart move on their part. WN is a very formidable competitor.

BTW - The new Porsche facility will be at the location of the former Ford Hapeville plant - just outside the very east end of the ATL airport directly between Runway 26L and 26R. I hear there will be a test track, which I want to personally check out! On a nice weather day, open the sunroof and you can drive and plane spot at the same time! On second thought...

Is this a published benefit? Clearly not, and I don't think it should be - this is something available only in ATL, and only on a limited basis. With that said, I am betting over the next few weeks we will see more and more FT members getting a cool ride at the ATL airport either to a connecting flight or if you are ATL based - maybe even a ride to your car. If that happens to me, I will be sure to get some pictures and post on here!

Is this exclusive to Diamond? Based only on High Dollar spend customers? I am willing to bet NO.

For those that are lucky enough to get selected for this - Feel the Delta/Porsche love and enjoy the ride! Please post your experience so the rest of us can enjoy
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Ding, ding -- yes. And once they figure it out it becomes an entitlement. Even if it wasn't economically rational for the service to continue in the manner it was being consumed after being 'gamed.' But that's another discussion...

Just wish people would just enjoy it and be positive about a new, free call option.
^^
Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:17 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
I'm getting ready (next couple of years or so) to seriously look at a new car, and the Panamera is certainly one I'll consider. I'd not have said that had I not ridden in them through LH, so Porsche is certainly getting its marketing down pat.
I first ate Smart Start cereal on JFK-IST in 2001. It then became a standard for me for several years. Very true story, and not just said for cerealmarketer's benefit.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:23 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Why do you need to know exactly who is targeted? The sense of entitlement in this thread is unbelievable....
Originally Posted by sxf24
I don't know if it is a sense of entitlement as much as a desire to understand the "rules" so they can be taken advantage of. One of the main purposes of FT is to get the maximum benefit out of the FF programs for a minimal cost. This requires a comprehensive understanding of the program rules so they can be opportunistically used to favor the member...
I think cerealmarketer has it exactly right. This is an innovative program geared at a very tiny subset of customers. Yet we, the masses, are demanding "transparency" and details.

This strikes me as the sort of situation where "if you have to ask, it's not for you." This program should be geared toward those who are in true rarefied air. They are super-wealthy and/or real celebrities and/or in control of an enormous amount of air spend (well beyond their own travel). Almost by definition, those elite (and when I say "elite" I do not mean some schmuck who flies 25k - 200k+ MQM/year) are not spending their time on FT obsessing over whether they'll get picked up planeside or how to get free upgrades or how to get in on a Skymall promotion or sorting out why there are no widebodies serving LAS from MSP. They are too important for that.

Truth hurts, but that's how I see it. Again, one of those situations where "if you have to ask, it's not for you."

If someday I get picked up planeside in a Porsche, I'll be psyched, snapping photos, and bragging to friends. But I will never expect such service nor will I be disappointed if it doesn't materialize.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pitbulllover
HVC has nothing to do with Medallion status. People with status might be included but it has to do with profit, as opposed to overall spend and miles flown. There are many DMs that are not profitable - revenue heavy - but not profitable.
It would be interesting to see if folks who get the service are:

- Full Fare BE to NRT, HKG, SIN, LHR, DXB, FRA/Germany, ZRH
- Have used DL PJs

Just a guess that those routes could be of high interest as they have high quality competition with F cabins.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by andymo99
I think cerealmarketer has it exactly right. This is an innovative program geared at a very tiny subset of customers. Yet we, the masses, are demanding "transparency" and details.

This strikes me as the sort of situation where "if you have to ask, it's not for you." This program should be geared toward those who are in true rarefied air. They are super-wealthy and/or real celebrities and/or in control of an enormous amount of air spend (well beyond their own travel). Almost by definition, those elite (and when I say "elite" I do not mean some schmuck who flies 25k - 200k+ MQM/year) are not spending their time on FT obsessing over whether they'll get picked up planeside or how to get free upgrades or how to get in on a Skymall promotion or sorting out why there are no widebodies serving LAS from MSP. They are too important for that.

Truth hurts, but that's how I see it. Again, one of those situations where "if you have to ask, it's not for you."

If someday I get picked up planeside in a Porsche, I'll be psyched, snapping photos, and bragging to friends. But I will never expect such service nor will I be disappointed if it doesn't materialize.
^ Very well put. As the DL rep said, they're still working out exactly how it will work, but the aim is surprise & delight. IMHO as someone who works in the PR biz, if this had been backed by a big PR push it could have come across as a "nanny, nanny boo, boo here's another new perk that's not for you!" Besides, that would have set high expectations among elites & would kill the surprise & delight part of the program. Perhaps they hadn't expected it to gain so much traction in social media so quickly, before they tested the program & put a final stamp on how it would roll out. I'm sure the attention it did get was beyond anyone's expectations (even to the extent that I myself made a snarky comment earlier in the thread about this story being planted here...though I'll have to trust the OP that it wasn't).

Fun perk for those who get it, and yet something else for those who don't get it to gripe about. And all this before the program is even officially launched! In the grand scheme of things, FT is made up of a small group of very vocal customers. In other words, not getting this perk (or even not knowing about it in advance) might be a big deal to a small group of people, but the masses may not ever even know it exists. Or, they might happen to notice a Porsche on the ramp and think, wow, who's that big wig, then move on with their lives.

I'll never be in the super elite ranks, which helps to manage my lowly expectations.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:42 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Why is it so difficult to figure out what HVC might be? Let's try a few metrics:

1. Ability to control more than $5 million dollars per year of travel expense going to Delta; or,

2. Annual travel purchasing tickets costing at least $250,000/year with average value not below 40 cents/mile
Old Nov 6, 2011, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by sbrower
Why is it so difficult to figure out what HVC might be? Let's try a few metrics:

1. Ability to control more than $5 million dollars per year of travel expense going to Delta; or,

2. Annual travel purchasing tickets costing at least $250,000/year with average value not below 40 cents/mile
If you are doing metrics, shouldn't it be Euros/Km?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:41 pm

Last night my flight from PHL arrived at an ATL E gate; I was diverted from the disembarking stream of passengers with two other diamonds and sent down the jetway stairs to the ramp, where a brand new Porsche SUV idled. We were thence given a mini tour of ATL as we were conducted to the B gates for onward connections. The driver/chauffeur explained this was a service Delta provided to big-name VIPs, and was expanding it to include DMs. It was quite a treat. I felt somewhat ashamed that I was traveling on a lowly T fare.

Thanks, Delta.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
If you are doing metrics, shouldn't it be Euros/Km?
The reason for all of the schedule changes lately is that DL is working to implement metric time.

/Simpsons reference
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: Delta FO
Forget delta, Porsche will be making all the money of this marketing ploy.

I also have a concern about safety/liability issues and airport ops. The ramp is a dangerous and crowded place.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by reed2x
Forget delta, Porsche will be making all the money of this marketing ploy.

I also have a concern about safety/liability issues and airport ops. The ramp is a dangerous and crowded place.
If I gotta go, getting run over by a 767 whilst in a Porsche is not a bad way.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Perhaps each Porsche should be configured in the shape of each of the characters that represent the cereals listed above — or, even better yet, resemble the Mini Cooper or the Platinum Moo-dalion statue that Delta Air Lines has?
It would be more practical to equip the Porsches with cowbells, so they would have something to ring when passing LUV gates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.