Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I felt entitled to the little pink cars you used to get in Pink Panther Cereal. Once they quit putting them in there, I made Mummy buy me Frankenberry cause I liked it better. The little pink cars made Pink Panther taste better I guess...
Count Chocula rules.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I felt entitled to the little pink cars you used to get in Pink Panther Cereal. Once they quit putting them in there, I made Mummy buy me Frankenberry cause I liked it better. The little pink cars made Pink Panther taste better I guess...
Back when I was a cerealmarketer....old tales of these promotions gone wrong were told by camp fire...

http://articles.philly.com/1987-02-2...almond-delight

I am waiting for the first carjacking at Hartsfield.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
I think an interesting dichotomy here is the people who don't understand the piss poor PR handling by CorpComm on this. Like usual they seem asleep at the wheel on any and all programs that inpact a customer.

Its sad to see how behind the curve they are. God forbid an actual situation arises where they need to display their skills the obstufication and burying of facts are going to really hurt their ability to manage an actual crisis.

The outright lying that DLCorpGal displayed is a worrying trend. The fact that an FT poster broke the program and then another cited specific details means there is much more to this program than surprise and delight.

Wake up people. I detest being lied to.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Vuelos
there is much more to this program than surprise and delight.

It is amazing to me how many people just buy-in here. I agree 100%; Transparency and honesty are my #1 criteria in doing business with anyone. It is the reason I left and while many here think this is about "complaining" they could not be more wrong.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by avidflyer
It is amazing to me how many people just buy-in here. I agree 100%; Transparency and honesty are my #1 criteria in doing business with anyone. It is the reason I left and while many here think this is about "complaining" they could not be more wrong.
Interesting. Two of us who could be considered ultra travelers are saying this. I don't feel like COInsider blows smoke up my ... unlike the DL people. On a one on one basis i would count SMI as a person I enjoy speeding time with but the company line coming from his department is less than truthful. I find that highly concerning. I work in advertising and understand the value behind branding and message cohesiveness alas it seems to be something DL has abandoned.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Lufthansa First Class

Originally Posted by BER Flyer
No, more then 2 F-class/Hon's means shared ride in a Mercedes Van.
I've been with 3 pax in the S-class Merc. on more than a couple of occasions at FRA.

And, as SFO777 showed, there are oftentimes 2 cars (sometimes more) meeting up for a flight, as in FRA there are cars taking pax from the 1st class terminal as well as the 1st class lounge in the B terminal.

LH has its service down to a science.

Oh, btw, LH no longer uses the Panamera at FRA.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:15 pm
Suspended

What exactly is the lie being told?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:34 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by rammer
Go here:

http://db.tt/Z87c3nxX

And for the Delta window decal, here

http://db.tt/vtY5zeBS

Not sure how else to make you believe me....
Welcome to FT. Sorry people called you a liar.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
Oh, btw, LH no longer uses the Panamera at FRA.
My son will remember the Lufthansa Porsche Panrama at FRA as the driver took him for quite a fast zip to the plane.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
I think an interesting dichotomy here is the people who don't understand the piss poor PR handling by CorpComm on this. Like usual they seem asleep at the wheel on any and all programs that inpact a customer.

Its sad to see how behind the curve they are. God forbid an actual situation arises where they need to display their skills the obstufication and burying of facts are going to really hurt their ability to manage an actual crisis.

The outright lying that DLCorpGal displayed is a worrying trend. The fact that an FT poster broke the program and then another cited specific details means there is much more to this program than surprise and delight.

Interesting. Two of us who could be considered ultra travelers are saying this. I don't feel like COInsider blows smoke up my ... unlike the DL people. On a one on one basis i would count SMI as a person I enjoy speeding time with but the company line coming from his department is less than truthful. I find that highly concerning. I work in advertising and understand the value behind branding and message cohesiveness alas it seems to be something DL has abandoned.
I believe that you two are right in this instance that clarity of programs being run makes sense and they may not have their act together in this instance. Even though I am not in your league of travel, thus I don't really have that much invested in airlines.

The rest of the posters, I believe, are hoping to reap surprise benefits that should primarily be going to true HVC such as yourselves.

I believe that one of DL's biggest flaw is the non-establishment of a level higher than Diamond, especially for people who fly 3-5 times the amount a normal diamond does.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Nov 5, 2011 at 6:56 pm
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:13 pm

Here's transparency...

http://www.airelite.com/AboutNewsArticle.aspx?nk=12

Your highest value customers - those who fly a mix of Air Elite and full fare commercial on Delta. Complimentary Diamond status -- and I suspect very high incremental margins given the contract flying nature of the business.

The real high value money has slowly drifted away from commercial for many years now, which is part of why such a low percentage of first class seats are actually sold anymore. Private jet travel is cheaper and more convenient than before now that fractional ownership and pre-payment plans are widespread.

I'm sure Vuelos and many of us will see some Porsche pickups, but to guarantee it -- I suspect being an Air Elite connecting customer is the answer. It's Delta's U.S. equivalent of Lufthansa First.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:24 pm

A ride in a Porsche isn't going to help me change/cancel an award flight within 72 hours of departure. My HVC travel is still going elsewhere.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by rammer
Stop just expecting things to be given to you. Not just with Delta but everything. You'll enjoy things in life more that way..
Very well said.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Originally Posted by starflyer
A ride in a Porsche isn't going to help me change/cancel an award flight within 72 hours of departure. My HVC travel is still going elsewhere.
I'm getting ready (next couple of years or so) to seriously look at a new car, and the Panamera is certainly one I'll consider. I'd not have said that had I not ridden in them through LH, so Porsche is certainly getting its marketing down pat.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Crackerpup
... Setting up the front line people for success can only improve the customer experience.
^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.