Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:53 am

Programs: Delta 2MM DM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Last week I connected in SEA on Tuesday and Wednesday and got the Porshe pickup on both connections. I had never gotten the Porshe service in over 25 years of flying and then got it twice in 2 days. Awesome!
Old Jan 14, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: Delta
Has Delta fully reinstated this service at all their hubs? I haven't seen any Porsches in a long time.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by DL31MM3
Has Delta fully reinstated this service at all their hubs? I haven't seen any Porsches in a long time.
Haven’t seen one in SLC in years.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I was transported in MSP last month.
DL31MM3 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:40 am

Yesterday got my Porsche ride! Granted, the driver was also picking up a 360 and it was a Saturday, but it was in ATL. I have been waiting for years but have been a Diamond for only 3 years (Platinum for 6 years before that and a sky-miles member of varying levels for 25 years). Just passed my first million miles and am a Reserve card holder. I used to look out the window for the Porsche on every trip but gave up because it was never for me, so did not see it and went charging down the jetway right past the gentlemen holding a sign with my name on it. He had to chase me calling my name! When I realized I was getting the Porsche ride I was so genuinely surprised and pleased I giddily jumped up and down, giggling like a little kid, to the amusement of quite a few passengers (I am a 60+ year old lady). Took a million pics and thoroughly enjoyed every moment!
catmndu, ACCDraw, qraec777 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Porsche 918 Spyder Shuttle at ATL till Monday!

A few lucky peeps are going to enjoy this!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/delta-...runway-shuttle
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:35 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by audidudi
A few lucky peeps are going to enjoy this!

https://www.thedrive.com/news/delta-...runway-shuttle
Yep, there've been some happy posts in the DM groups on FB over the last week or two I think.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 8:09 pm

Yes, but they're almost exclusively used for VIP Select now.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 6:54 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm not yet officialy a DM, but Delta treated me like one yesterday in DTW, when a Porsche made my transit from B12 to A20 very memorable. My first Porsche ride in over 4 years. A great start to 2024!
catmndu likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
I have a Porsche pick up last month, CHM-ATL in ATL. An announcement was made by the FA upon gate arrival as I was in comfort +. Arrived too early for my connection flight as the aircraft was still being catered that I went to the nearby SkyClub for an americano. Previously during the pandemic, March 2021, had a Porsche pick up in JFK on the LAX-JFK in D1 and requested to be dropped off to access the Centurion Lounge.

I inquired if Delta Special Services are targeting the multiple level MM’s and was informed no. Just picking people at random. The 5 or so times I have had a Porsche pick-up, only once was in ATL for a very tight conection due to my inbound flight delayed departing CHS.

Last edited by DrMilano; Feb 23, 2024 at 12:35 pm
Old Feb 23, 2024, 7:54 am

Tight connection from A5 to B5 at SEA and was very happy to see my name on the sign!
Only a platinum so was really happily surprised!
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Saw the 911 GT3 driving around at LAX yesterday morning while waiting for my flight back to DCA.
https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/d...ax-1235518818/
Old Feb 23, 2024, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
I hope anyone getting picked up in 911 GT3 doesn’t have a lot of carry on to fit in this track weapon.
hhdl likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 4:35 pm

Delta recently picked me (and one other pax) up for a tight connection in MSP with a golf cart. I was quite surprised to see someone standing outside the jetbridge with a sign with my name on it as a GM. It is a far cry from a Porsche, but definitely better than hustling on foot

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.