Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2022, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Porsche Transfers for Gold/Silver Medallions

Called DL after my flight connection shrunk from 1 hour to 30 minutes due to their flight schedule change. I inquired about the Porsche transfer because its pretty tight to connect on 30 minutes.

Rep mentioned porsche transfers are allowed if your connection is pretty tight regardless of medallion status. Is this true and has any gold/silvers here used their porsche transfers to connect?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
One can dream but I flew ~200 segments as a Diamond last year (virtually all on connecting itineraries) and never saw a Porsche.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:35 pm

Same. So many flights thru ATL as a Diamond last year. Didn’t even see em out. I talked to a 360 coworker and he gets em here and there.
Gertjaars and coast_2_coast like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:38 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Rep had me wishful thinking as a lowly gold... i knew it.
It sounded too good to be true. Even if it wasnt a porsche, any decent car would do.

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
One can dream but I flew ~200 segments as a Diamond last year (virtually all on connecting itineraries) and never saw a Porsche.
Originally Posted by JTE458
Same. So many flights thru ATL as a Diamond last year. Didn’t even see em out. I talked to a 360 coworker and he gets em here and there.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:07 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
There's an existing thread about Porsche transfers: Delta picked me up in a Porsche

there are scattered reports of PMs getting it, but (I am speculating here) probably a bit too wishful as a GM without some other extenuating circumstance (e.g. recently-lapsed 360 or new GM w/huge spend and relatively few MQMs that is probably on their way to DM/360 sort of thing)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
PreCOVID-19, a GM/FO sitting in the front of the plane with an unanticipated tight connection could hope that there would be a possibility of sharing the Porsche ride with a 360/DM trying to make the same tight connection. Maybe you could make friends with a seatmate on the same routing, but DL is unlikely to encourage Porsche ride sharing now.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Gertjaars
Called DL after my flight connection shrunk from 1 hour to 30 minutes due to their flight schedule change. I inquired about the Porsche transfer because its pretty tight to connect on 30 minutes.

Rep mentioned porsche transfers are allowed if your connection is pretty tight regardless of medallion status. Is this true and has any gold/silvers here used their porsche transfers to connect?
literally anyone can get a porsche transfer, they sell this as a paid service.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 6:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Got my first one today -- coming off an E75 into the bus gate at LAX, I'd noticed we taxied past a Porsche and there was a DL rep standing at the bottom of the stairs holding up an iPhone with two names on it but I couldn't quite make them out from the window seat. On reaching the bottom of the stairs, yes! Of course this happens when I have a 3-hour connection (which I chose specifically because of the bus gate potential), lol, but I'm not complaining. The other pax (they asked if we minded sharing; think he said his first time too) was terminating in LAX. We were both dropped off by the gate 21 entrance from the ramp.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Zorak
Got my first one today -- coming off an E75 into the bus gate at LAX, I'd noticed we taxied past a Porsche and there was a DL rep standing at the bottom of the stairs holding up an iPhone with two names on it but I couldn't quite make them out from the window seat. On reaching the bottom of the stairs, yes! Of course this happens when I have a 3-hour connection (which I chose specifically because of the bus gate potential), lol, but I'm not complaining. The other pax (they asked if we minded sharing; think he said his first time too) was terminating in LAX. We were both dropped off by the gate 21 entrance from the ramp.
This is similar to how mine worked in Dec.

Also - I saw a post on reddit this week where a Plat got the transfer at LAX for those asking about Plats!
Old Feb 2, 2022, 4:46 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Last week, as an “earned” DM on a paid D1 “I” fare BHM>ATL>AMS>BER. BHM>ATL was late. Had 23 minutes to get from A>E.

No Porsche… yet again.

Last person to board the plane, and was in center row in the A359, so no fresh air to dry my drenched sweat. Also, bins were full, so FA had to hunt for space. Then, to top it all off, the crabcakes sucked. ;-)

Delta hates me.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
I was a Diamond from it's inception in 2010 to about 2015 and was never picked up in a Porsche. And I had many tight connection, some that I didn't make. Before Diamond I was their top published tier for a few years (can't remember what that was called) and never saw a Porsche then either.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM & MM, Hilton Diamond, IC Plt Amb , Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Circle
I had a nice surprise the other day flying into MSP from my local small airport on a CRJ, our outbound from departure airport was delayed about 1 hour due to a mechanical issue that needed to be cleared before takeoff, so I watched my hour and a half connection time dwindle away. Finally they got cleared to take off and at that point, I had 5 minutes before my plane to ATL started to board once I landed in MSP. We arrived at A Concourse and my gate to ATL was F14, which I think I could have made without issue. However, once I got off the plane into the jet bridge, there was a Delta Agent there holding a phone with my name and someone else on the flight. Turns out we both had tight connection times and we were both just a couple gates apart in the F concourse so she asked if we had any checked bags and we said no, just carry-ons. She then opened the door on the jet bridge and walked us down to the tarmac and there it was! The Porsche!! We loaded our bags into the back and off we went. As a newly minted 1MM and holding Plat status, I can't lie, it did feel pretty special. The other guy that was with me was Gold. She said a few factors came into play that got us the ride, status, tight connection and a long way to our next gate. As we went up the steps to the jet bridge to our next gate, she opened the door and it was just before pre-boarding of the other guys flight and it appeared we caught a couple FAs off guard and they looked at us coming in from the tarmac and looked like "ummm what are you doing and how did you get in that way??" The Delta Rep said "No problem, it's Delta 360, they are with me." As we walked out of the jet bridge to the gate area, the guy that was with me was given access to board as soon as he got off the jet bridge before FC so he literally turned around and went right back on. Me, I walked to 1 gate down to mine and boarded within 1-2 minutes of getting there.

Great experience, thank you Delta!!

Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:43 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by TheHorta

Then, to top it all off, the crabcakes sucked. ;-)

Delta hates me.
I ordered crab cakes on DL 30 ATL-LHR on Feb 9 because the last time I had them they were so good.
But the recipe must have changed because they aren’t so good any more.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Got my 8th or 9th pickup in SEA last week. Never fails to surprise you.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Last week, as an “earned” DM on a paid D1 “I” fare BHM>ATL>AMS>BER. BHM>ATL was late. Had 23 minutes to get from A>E.

No Porsche… yet again.

Last person to board the plane, and was in center row in the A359, so no fresh air to dry my drenched sweat. Also, bins were full, so FA had to hunt for space. Then, to top it all off, the crabcakes sucked. ;-)

Delta hates me.
I suspect the same fate awaits me - DM on D1 ticket - sitting on a 16 minute connection at ATL from OKC then on to JFK and LHR.
TheHorta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.