Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Delta just made my night. I was flying from DFW to ATL and after we pulled up to the gate everyone began speculating about a white Porsche outside. When I walked off the plane I found out the car was waiting for me. They drove me directly to my car bypassing the whole process of having to ride the train. I just made DM but if this is any indication of the service I will get, I am sold. The driver said this was a new service offered for DM members at random. Has anyone else received this?
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rammer
Delta just made my night. I was flying from DFW to ATL and after we pulled up to the gate everyone began speculating about a white Porsche outside. When I walked off the plane I found out the car was waiting for me. They drove me directly to my car bypassing the whole process of having to ride the train. I just made DM but if this is any indication of the service I will get, I am sold. The driver said this was a new service offered for DM members at random. Has anyone else received this?
You're 5 months too early for April 1st...but welcome to Flyertalk
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I have pictures if you tell me how to post from my iPad.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Seeing how it's ATL, you sure it wasn't a Bentley Continental GT? I see way too many of those cruising down Peachtree

Also, I doubt this only because the train can be faster. Knowing DL, you probably had to wait 15 minutes in the Porsche for them to find you a parking bay.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:36 pm

Welcome to FT. Great first post.
But isn't there a humor section?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bocastephen
^
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by amolkold
Seeing how it's ATL, you sure it wasn't a Bentley Continental GT? I see way too many of those cruising down Peachtree

Also, I doubt this only because the train can be faster. Knowing DL, you probably had to wait 15 minutes in the Porsche for them to find you a parking bay.
I would think so too. Except they picked me up from the B concourse (very end) and took me right down and out the gate that is by the departures ramp. He even drove me to the daily blue terminal because I find better parking on that side. I tried posting pictures but it says it has to be approved. I promise this is real. Delta just guaranteed my business.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Go here:

http://db.tt/Z87c3nxX

And for the Delta window decal, here

http://db.tt/vtY5zeBS

Not sure how else to make you believe me....
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: Earning the most valuable miles in the sky
You must be an actual HVC who doesn't game the system and cancel your award tickets within 72 hours
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Wow. If this is true, I may actually try to make DM. I was planning to come about 6,000 MQM short and roll-over.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:52 pm

Ha, this is awesome.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

By the way, they have multiple Porsches. I was in the 4 door sedan but we passed the SUV while driving next to the ramp and they both honked as we passed.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:01 am

Programs: Earning the most valuable miles in the sky
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DeltaWings
Wow. If this is true, I may actually try to make DM. I was planning to come about 6,000 MQM short and roll-over.
DM isn't all it's cracked up to be.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is this, Frankfurt?!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:37 am
Suspended

Considering the miles you have and how much you spent dollarwise on flying, you realize you paid for the Porsche right? :-)

Not unheard of and I do believe you. Delta is trying to gain high profit high margin customers and impress them such as yourself so they likely have a small fleet of porsches to pick up passengers at random which appears to be a new thing.

I don't know if any other airlines do this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did as well.

Ive been in Porsches before. They never impressed me. It is a small car designed to go high speed. Sort of like what an Airplane does in the sky I guess. But you still have your Yugo to go homewith right? :-)

From the pic it looks like the Porsche was driven on the tarmac? Where exactly did the Porsche meet you when it picked you up?

Airlines now are big money and are competing feverishly for those high dollar customers since they make the company tick.

Also this service is likely limited to ATL which is Delta's corporate HQ I am guessing. Probably some corporate executive cars they use to impress customers and the executives drive them as their personal vehicles. I am just guessing here.

Last edited by adamj023; Nov 3, 2011 at 12:54 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.