Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by glbetrotter
Sure, but it worked well for me too, so our interests aligned. I did not loose a day (and I really needed to be on the other side of the ocean on time), and they gained a lot of good will and loyalty from me and did not have to rebook. A win-win, in my book!
Exactly.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Porsches or Biscoffs?

Which would you rather have from DL, a once-in-a-lifetime Porsche ride or lifetime Biscoffs?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by andymo99
You can choose to be like adamj023 and not believe me, but here are some "insider" details on the new program. (Sorry for the scoop, Canarsie. You snooze, you lose!)

• Meant to transport HVC/VIP pax
  • DL does not pay for the cars - this is a marketing agreement with Porsche, whose NA HQ is indeed ATL
  • These Porsches won't be used by any DL employees (including execs)
  • Program is managed by the "Elite Services Team"

I have no additional info at this time. I am sure Canarsie will be able to share much more.
So, I'm at 250,000 MQM's for the year. Am I considered a HVC?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: DL DM, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
So, I'm at 250,000 MQM's for the year. Am I considered a HVC?
Yeah, I want this in RDU. Come on, please pick RDU (Don't worry, I know it won't happen). Might make a trip to ATL, just to see it.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:18 am

Would love to see this for Platinum Medallion members as well on high fares every once in a while...
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I predict this program will end quicker than a Kardashian marriage. If they only offer it to one or maybe two DMs on certain flights, I suspect they risk ticking off other DMs. JMHO....
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by WScottsdaleInsider
Would love to see this for Platinum Medallion members as well on high fares every once in a while...
If DL wants to compete with and be considered part of the eilte of airline carriers in Asia, they should parade this benefit to DM's at NRT.

Also, it seems like this will just be focused at ATL since Porche has there NA HQ in ATL. I doesn't seem like you'll see this at JFK, DTW etc
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by andymo99
Sorry for the scoop, Canarsie. You snooze, you lose!
No apology is necessary, andymo99.

I intentionally did not want to scoop this information.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Canarsie
No apology is necessary, andymo99.

I intentionally did not want to scoop this information.

"DL does not pay for the cars - this is a marketing agreement with Porsche, whose NA HQ is indeed ATL"

That makes sense and I didn't know that.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:32 am

AF in CDG

Doesn't AF do a similar thing CDG except on a much larger scale and with vans? I thought I recalled reading that on FT a couple years ago.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, Global Entry, SPG Platinum, SSG Platinum, Tuborg Gold
Wow. I'm impressed.

I just made DM too (on Monday 10/31), but I'm not holding my breath for this kind of service because I would venture to guess that I'm one of the lowest out of pocket DMs out there.

I fly economy TATLs and they add up fast!

Cool experience for the OP and a great talking/writing/reading point for all of us here.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Delta DM!
Well, I think it's totally cool! I just made DM today and I would LOVE to be picked up in a Porsche anytime. I doubt we get the service in OMA though, lol.. But ATL/ MSP/ DTW.. You're on! ^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelingsalesgal
Well, I think it's totally cool! I just made DM today and I would LOVE to be picked up in a Porsche anytime. I doubt we get the service in OMA though, lol.. But ATL/ MSP/ DTW.. You're on! ^
only ATL
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:55 am

I could understand Lufthansa offering this service for HONs (a true top tier), but for DMs? They are going to need a LOT of Porsches unless they want to piss off other DMs. I can't even imagine UA even doing this for GS...
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by United757
I could understand Lufthansa offering this service for HONs (a true top tier), but for DMs? They are going to need a LOT of Porsches unless they want to piss off other DMs. I can't even imagine UA even doing this for GS...
See post #85 - this is not a Diamond program/benefit. It's for selected HVCs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.