Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM, American GLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
HVC has nothing to do with Medallion status. People with status might be included but it has to do with profit, as opposed to overall spend and miles flown. There are many DMs that are not profitable - revenue heavy - but not profitable.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Or the upcoming Ferrari 4-door AWD model (although the first year's prodiction run is long sold out).
Huh? There is no four door Ferrari slated for production. Are you referring to the 2 door, 4 seater FF?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 1:08 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by AKC6
Which would you rather have from DL, a once-in-a-lifetime Porsche ride or lifetime Biscoffs?
I'll take lifetime Biscoffs please!!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
What was there to "scoop"? The OP told it like it is. Pretty clear from the start it was a marketing promo...that is once the first few skeptics realized OP wasn't making it all up (and once photos were posted).

From a PR perspective, I bet this got exactly the buzz they hoped to get in advance of an 'official' announcement, maybe even more. 8,000+ views in less than 24 hours is probably pretty rare on FT.

That being said, now the skeptic PR person in me says the OP was a plant...pretty compelling first post, don't ya think? hmmmmmm.
Yeah, I was definitely not a plant. Yes, this was my first post and most likely my last. While I am sure these forums provide valuable information, there is way too much complaining and .....ing going on.

To all the Delta reps that are now having to listen to calls from people complaining they haven't received this....I'm sorry.

To everyone complaining about Delta, even if you spend a lot on Delta that doesn't entitle you to anything more than what is published about medallion benefits. In fact, be grateful you even get that. Delta provides a service - you pay for them to get you from point A to point B. Whether you feel they execute that service well or not is another discussion. Medallion benefits are a way of saying thank you. They are not a right..So if your.complaining you don't get upgrades, buy a first class ticket instead of a discounted fare..I think Delta came up with a great idea to thank select customers. I hope they keep coming up with random ways in the future (oh and who cares if it's on a whim as one poster claimed). I'm sure you will get that one and I won't. Either way it's up to them. Stop just expecting things to be given to you. Not just with Delta but everything. You'll enjoy things in life more that way..

And don't think the reason I am not complaining is because I am always upgraded and never have problems with delta. Because that's farthest from the truth. I too have sat on the runway, had my bag sent back to India after flying from there to Atlanta, been rerouted, etc. I even had my iPad taken off a Delta plane over night by someone clearly not a passenger while it was being serviced (my fault cause I left it on there but was tracking it and can prove it). .... happens. Usually they respond well, sometimes not (like not getting back to me about the iPad). It's not always great so I am definitely not a plant..

Yes, I got picked up and you didn't. For those who are the type that will respond to the pickup by saying "it took you long enough", I hope they drive you out past the 5th runway and leave you there. For everyone else, hopefully you get surprised soon. I'm fine not getting it again if it means other people can get surprised too..

Since it appears Delta reads these forums, thank you again. You turned around what had been a horrible day when you picked me up and gained a lot of points in my book. Hopefully you will continue this service. Except please don't publish it as a benefit because then you'll just end up with a bunch of people who feel they are entitled to it..

And now, let the .....ing begin again...
Old Nov 4, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Rammer, thanks for the post. It sounds like you have a similar attitude about travel as my 'pops, which I consider to be a compliment. Sorry that you won't keep actively posting, but I hope that you lurk around. This little community of FF is a bit eccentric, but quite valuable as a resource.

DL has treated me well, and I enjoy the little 'surprises' that come along without expecting them. Granted, I am far from a HVC at this point. Safe travels!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Rammer, I totally agree with you.

take care and see you around.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by pitbulllover
HVC has nothing to do with Medallion status. People with status might be included but it has to do with profit, as opposed to overall spend and miles flown. There are many DMs that are not profitable - revenue heavy - but not profitable.
Huge Valium Consumer?
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:05 am

Programs: DL - Diamond Medallion - 2 Million Miler; Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson GOLD. ParknGo loves me
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
Huge Valium Consumer?
TH could be an HVC - but I am afraid that the costs of G & T's in the Skyclub reduce one's overall net profit to DL.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by brad9696
TH could be an HVC - but I am afraid that the costs of G & T's in the Skyclub reduce one's overall net profit to DL.
I put a hurtin on them yesterday....
Old Nov 4, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Ouch.

I have a hunch there is a lot of customer centric planning around the customer experience, perhaps its all just happening so fast that CorpCom can't always be on the same page as the Customer Experience teams, let alone keeping up with FlyerTalk.

Also, are you suggesting that instead of surprise and delight they should either offer Porsches to everyone or perhaps no one? I can see how they learned quickly the drink coupons which were to be a surprise became expected every time, but not sure how the Porsche can have a "cool factor" if its a defined perk.

I'll likely never get the Porsche service, but it doesn't bother me because I understand that this is something for HVCs who spend a lot more than I do. Just as I don't hold a grudge against anyone who owns a Porsche - they likely have more means to buy one than I do. It's pure free market and capitalism.
Well said.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by rammer
Yeah, I was definitely not a plant. Yes, this was my first post and most likely my last. While I am sure these forums provide valuable information, there is way too much complaining and .....ing going on.
OP my comment about you being a plant was made largely in jest...though my 'hey wait a minute' radar did go off. You lobbed this one over the plate & the FT community hit it out of the park. DL has built a solid reputation in social media, one would hope they would not have to resort to a contrived stunt that could sully that position. My guess is a straightforward announcement of the Porsche pick ups would have generated a lot of chatter, but coming from a 'real person' perspective boosted the allure that much more.

The DL PR folks should send you flowers for your buzz-worthy first post, delivered in a Porsche, of course!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by rammer
rammer, there are lots of us who are usually positive on Delta, and just navigate around all of the complaining threads. Outside of those, there is actually quite a bit of good info and advice here--both given and received.

By the way, your thread has generated over 10,000 views in a day--which may be some sort of record--and certainly would be for a rookie. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by atl runner
rammer, there are lots of us who are usually positive on Delta, and just navigate around all of the complaining threads. Outside of those, there is actually quite a bit of good info and advice here--both given and received.

By the way, your thread has generated over 10,000 views in a day--which may be some sort of record--and certainly would be for a rookie. Thanks for sharing your experience.
+1 and allow me to remind rammer about the forum "ignore" feature which is a useful tool to help squelch out OCD members who are seemingly forever stuck on their personal vendettas.

I wish there was a way to post our ignore lists but somebody with their PM turned on can probably help provide one. Or, just read the T72 and associated threads to get a good idea who's deserving of the IGNORE feature.

Best to you rammer and thanks to Delta and Porsche for creative CS...
Old Nov 4, 2011, 8:39 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I'll likely never get the Porsche service, but it doesn't bother me because I understand that this is something for HVCs who spend a lot more than I do. Just as I don't hold a grudge against anyone who owns a Porsche - they likely have more means to buy one than I do. It's pure free market and capitalism.
Been there - done that - on both counts - LH F in FRA & last car was a Cayenne S (didn't really like it).
Old Nov 4, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
The word is out (with a little help)....

FYI that a customer has posted a comment about the new service on Delta's FB page: Delta FB Page

FWIW, I contact @DeltaAssist and asked about the P2P program. The first email I got said it didn't exist.....

"At this time Delta does not have a program for transporting Diamond Medallion flyers from an aircraft to baggage claim, or their vehicle by automobile. Should a program such as this become available to our Diamond Medallion's we would certainly inform you of the benefit"

I responded with a link to this thread and let them know there were already pics on their FB page. Here's a portion of the next email...

"Thank you for providing the link. It appears this is a pilot program that has not been made common knowledge to our front line representatives.

Mr. Crackerpup, thank you again for providing the link. We very much appreciate your Medallion loyalty to Delta and look forward to the privilege of serving you again soon."

In both cases the responses were personalized and not the "shocked and dismayed" robo-responses. Nice.

I suppose if Delta isn't going to tell front line folks about a new pilot program that's clearly visible to customers, someone needs to let them know so they're prepared for the inevitable questions they'll get. Setting up the front line people for success can only improve the customer experience.

Last edited by Crackerpup; Nov 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.