Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Thanks for the post. Hopefully you will jump in sooner next time...
FWIW, it only took about 18 hours, which is pretty good time. And if she'd jumped in sooner, we wouldn't have had time for wild speculation!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
I see that you’ve noticed a few of the spanking new vehicles trolling around ATL. It’s true that we have a team dedicated to transporting our highest value customers around the Atlanta hub and they’ve got a fleet of several vehicles with which to do so. As part of our partnership with Porsche (which includes shipping cars from Germany to Atlanta), they’ve provided us with a few fancy new rides to add to our VIP fleet. A couple of things to clarify:

1. Delta didn't pay for these cars.
2. You won't see any of our executives in these cars - they're for HVCs only.
3. The Porsches are quite literally a new toy we get to play with so we're testing out how to best use them. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, they'll be used as a "surprise and delight" for some of our best customers.

If you’re lucky enough to score a ride in one of these vehicles, let us know how you liked it!
Can I PM you my SM# and see if I am a HVC? I want to make sure I have one of these deals set up when I have my best gal with me.... chicks dig that stuff....
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium

Guess y'all aren't doing much planning around customer experience anymore. Surprise and delight isn't really customer centric I would have thought the har one on us coupon would have taught y'all better.
Ouch.

I have a hunch there is a lot of customer centric planning around the customer experience, perhaps its all just happening so fast that CorpCom can't always be on the same page as the Customer Experience teams, let alone keeping up with FlyerTalk.

Also, are you suggesting that instead of surprise and delight they should either offer Porsches to everyone or perhaps no one? I can see how they learned quickly the drink coupons which were to be a surprise became expected every time, but not sure how the Porsche can have a "cool factor" if its a defined perk.

I'll likely never get the Porsche service, but it doesn't bother me because I understand that this is something for HVCs who spend a lot more than I do. Just as I don't hold a grudge against anyone who owns a Porsche - they likely have more means to buy one than I do. It's pure free market and capitalism.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Ouch.

I have a hunch there is a lot of customer centric planning around the customer experience, perhaps its all just happening so fast that CorpCom can't always be on the same page as the Customer Experience teams, let alone keeping up with FlyerTalk.

Also, are you suggesting that instead of surprise and delight they should either offer Porsches to everyone or perhaps no one? I can see how they learned quickly the drink coupons which were to be a surprise became expected every time, but not sure how the Porsche can have a "cool factor" if its a defined perk.

I'll likely never get the Porsche service, but it doesn't bother me because I understand that this is something for HVCs who spend a lot more than I do. Just as I don't hold a grudge against anyone who owns a Porsche - they likely have more means to buy one than I do. It's pure free market and capitalism.
^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM-KM,BA,AA,HH,MRTPlat,Choice
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Ouch^^

^^
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Thanks for the post. Hopefully you will jump in sooner next time...

#3 is interesting you would think that with "toys" like this DL would have had a plan rather than flying by the seat of their pants.

Guess y'all aren't doing much planning around customer experience anymore. Surprise and delight isn't really customer centric I would have thought the har one on us coupon would have taught y'all better.
+1.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
Any chance we will see this service for our NRSA passengers such as myself???
+
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
I see that you’ve noticed a few of the spanking new vehicles trolling around ATL. It’s true that we have a team dedicated to transporting our highest value customers around the Atlanta hub and they’ve got a fleet of several vehicles with which to do so. As part of our partnership with Porsche (which includes shipping cars from Germany to Atlanta), they’ve provided us with a few fancy new rides to add to our VIP fleet. A couple of things to clarify:

1. Delta didn't pay for these cars.
2. You won't see any of our executives in these cars - they're for HVCs only.
3. The Porsches are quite literally a new toy we get to play with so we're testing out how to best use them. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, they'll be used as a "surprise and delight" for some of our best customers.

If you’re lucky enough to score a ride in one of these vehicles, let us know how you liked it!
Sorry, maybe I am the only one curious here but could you please take a moment and let us know just how DL defines HVC? It can't possibly be for all DM's because you would need a separate concourse for your Porsche fleet so I am guessing this is what you would call the elite of the elite maybe? What did these passengers do to get to this level?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Spotted one meeting my flight from SAN this evening. I blew it by not pulling the KM card to trump the so called HVC!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by rammer
Delta just made my night. I was flying from DFW to ATL and after we pulled up to the gate everyone began speculating about a white Porsche outside. When I walked off the plane I found out the car was waiting for me. They drove me directly to my car bypassing the whole process of having to ride the train. I just made DM but if this is any indication of the service I will get, I am sold. The driver said this was a new service offered for DM members at random. Has anyone else received this?
Originally Posted by Canarsie
...and this is why I did not want to “scoop” the news, even though I have known about this pilot program for a while.

Thank you for setting the official record straight, DLCorpGirl!
What was there to "scoop"? The OP told it like it is. Pretty clear from the start it was a marketing promo...that is once the first few skeptics realized OP wasn't making it all up (and once photos were posted).

From a PR perspective, I bet this got exactly the buzz they hoped to get in advance of an 'official' announcement, maybe even more. 8,000+ views in less than 24 hours is probably pretty rare on FT.

That being said, now the skeptic PR person in me says the OP was a plant...pretty compelling first post, don't ya think? hmmmmmm.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:03 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
What was there to "scoop"?
I was not the one who first used the word “scoop” in this thread.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rity-here.html

This thread started by SMI defines HVCs as DM, PM, and GM customers. Maybe SMI can add planeside pickup in a Porsche automobile to the specifics. Here is to hope for the Cayenne meeting my flight on Sunday night in ATL.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Crackerpup
Thanks for providing the answer to much speculation about the Porsche sightings. I think it's an interesting and creative way to provide an unexpected perk for Delta's best customers. Fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky people that is "surprised and delighted" the next time I'm in ATL.

Also, thanks for jumping in to the forum. ^^ Please know that regardless of any DL-slamming or snarky retorts, your participation is most welcome and strongly encouraged. It's nice to know someone is looking at the "raw" feedback from DL's customers, particularly when it comes from some of their most frequent (and demanding) passengers.
DlCorpGirl

If you do post in this forum I hope you have a tick skin. The level of cynicism can be breathtaking - you only need to read a sampling on this thread.
By the way, you mention that this new service is only for HVCs. Surely not all HVCs should expect to be met this way, should they?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rity-here.html

This thread started by SMI defines HVCs as DM, PM, and GM customers. Maybe SMI can add planeside pickup in a Porsche automobile to the specifics. Here is to hope for the Cayenne meeting my flight on Sunday night in ATL.
The way I read that (which was from 19 months ago), Sky Priority is for HVCs as well as DM/PM/GM.

Keep in mind that a non-status pax who buys a F/BE ticket gets Sky Priority.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Thomas Hudson
I never get anything!!!
Now now TH, didn't you get a nice hat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.