Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta picked me up in a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:44 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Porsche Scoop

I see that you’ve noticed a few of the spanking new vehicles trolling around ATL. It’s true that we have a team dedicated to transporting our highest value customers around the Atlanta hub and they’ve got a fleet of several vehicles with which to do so. As part of our partnership with Porsche (which includes shipping cars from Germany to Atlanta), they’ve provided us with a few fancy new rides to add to our VIP fleet. A couple of things to clarify:

1. Delta didn't pay for these cars.
2. You won't see any of our executives in these cars - they're for HVCs only.
3. The Porsches are quite literally a new toy we get to play with so we're testing out how to best use them. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, they'll be used as a "surprise and delight" for some of our best customers.

If you’re lucky enough to score a ride in one of these vehicles, let us know how you liked it!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:57 pm

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Originally Posted by DLCorpGirl
I see that you’ve noticed a few of the spanking new vehicles trolling around ATL. It’s true that we have a team dedicated to transporting our highest value customers around the Atlanta hub and they’ve got a fleet of several vehicles with which to do so. As part of our partnership with Porsche (which includes shipping cars from Germany to Atlanta), they’ve provided us with a few fancy new rides to add to our VIP fleet. A couple of things to clarify:

3. The Porsches are quite literally a new toy we get to play with so we're testing out how to best use them. Right now, and for the foreseeable future, they'll be used as a "surprise and delight" for some of our best customers.

If you’re lucky enough to score a ride in one of these vehicles, let us know how you liked it!

Any chance we will see this service for our NRSA passengers such as myself???
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
So that means that there is still money to get rid of Michelle and hire a real chef?
Please.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...and this is why I did not want to “scoop” the news, even though I have known about this pilot program for a while.

Thank you for setting the official record straight, DLCorpGirl!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: Earning the most valuable miles in the sky
Awesome program?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by cheesewiz
In my mind this is a brilliant marketing idea. Kind of like the celebrity freebie bags. So Porsche provides the car which is essentially a personal test drive for a very specific client base. DM's ending their trips in ATL without checked bags, get a express ride to their cars in the lot.

Delta wins by providing a really cool perk - it's the little things that make a difference
Porsche wins by showing its cars to customers who would fit the demographic of their customers.
DM's win in terms of coolness and convenience.
How about if your connecting though Atlanta? Why not give me a ride from one terminal to the next? Say I'm arriving into T terminal and departing out of E...that would make the most sense!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by nypdLieu
How about if your connecting though Atlanta? Why not give me a ride from one terminal to the next? Say I'm arriving into T terminal and departing out of E...that would make the most sense!
F.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]

Thanks for the post. Hopefully you will jump in sooner next time...

#3 is interesting you would think that with "toys" like this DL would have had a plan rather than flying by the seat of their pants.

Guess y'all aren't doing much planning around customer experience anymore. Surprise and delight isn't really customer centric I would have thought the har one on us coupon would have taught y'all better.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
Of course it is business... but giving your HVC a ride in a Porsche means they come back and fly your airline. Good business.

Also, who calls DM's "gamers"? What are you talking about?
and what does delta consider an HVC?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:17 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
and what does delta consider an HVC?
Diamond where their MQM is more than $0.2 per!

*I should guess*

Originally Posted by Vuelos
What's the first rule of fight club?
Didn't watch the movie. what is it?

Last edited by DHalltheway; Nov 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:20 pm
Suspended

You know whats gonna happen every time each and everyone of us flies into ATL?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Thanks for the post. Hopefully you will jump in sooner next time...

#3 is interesting you would think that with "toys" like this DL would have had a plan rather than flying by the seat of their pants.

Guess y'all aren't doing much planning around customer experience anymore. Surprise and delight isn't really customer centric I would have thought the har one on us coupon would have taught y'all better.
OK... who has commandeered Vuelos' FT account?

Has anyone received a ransom note yet?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
You know whats gonna happen every time each and everyone of us flies into ATL?
Do you mean?

<whine> I didn't get my Porsche ride! </whine>

Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Thumbs up

Thanks for providing the answer to much speculation about the Porsche sightings. I think it's an interesting and creative way to provide an unexpected perk for Delta's best customers. Fingers crossed that I'll be one of the lucky people that is "surprised and delighted" the next time I'm in ATL.

Also, thanks for jumping in to the forum. ^^ Please know that regardless of any DL-slamming or snarky retorts, your participation is most welcome and strongly encouraged. It's nice to know someone is looking at the "raw" feedback from DL's customers, particularly when it comes from some of their most frequent (and demanding) passengers.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SFO777
So that means that there is still money to get rid of Michelle and hire a real chef?
Please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.