Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee
Definite "no" on combining Amex cert with flight credit (or really any payment method other than Amex).

However, a DL Amex is not required, despite what the T&Cs say. I have used a non-DL Amex on many companion cert redemptions in the past (and certainly will continue to do so with the 5X on the unbranded Plat card). You must use an Amex, but you can use any Amex you want.
As long as it is a AMEX card you are OK, Does not need to be a Co-Branded Card
Old Aug 13, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
When exactly does the companion ticket post to your DL account relative to the CC anniversary?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: 2018: Delta Diamond Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by italdesign
When exactly does the companion ticket post to your DL account relative to the CC anniversary?

my first card anniversary came earlier this month, and it was in my SkyMiles 'wallet' the next day (could've been day of, but I didn't check)
Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Been trying to use SM to book LAX/AMS on one of the direct KLM flights in July 2018. Delta website only showing DL fights regardless of the dates - zero partner flights for any date even with show partner flights selected.

When I search on KLM from my Flying Blue account I see lots of availability including some classic awards. From what I read DL isn't going to match the mileage requirements listed on KLM.

Setting aside the amounts, is there any way to get KLM partner flights to show up online or if I call are they going to see anything?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer
Been trying to use SM to book LAX/AMS on one of the direct KLM flights in July 2018. Delta website only showing DL fights regardless of the dates - zero partner flights for any date even with show partner flights selected.

When I search on KLM from my Flying Blue account I see lots of availability including some classic awards. From what I read DL isn't going to match the mileage requirements listed on KLM.

Setting aside the amounts, is there any way to get KLM partner flights to show up online or if I call are they going to see anything?
No, for several weeks now dullta.com has been totally hosed and broken. It only shows DL flights. CI, MU, CZ, KE, KL and other airline flights do not show, except in some specific instances (but generally do not, at least not in the searches that I did of routes of interest to me).

Only way to see and book those with DL is through the Dullta app...until they break it and take the online award visibility there away also. For now though, use the Fly Delta app on your phone to book awards, as online on dullta.com all non-DL flights are blocked.

I smell another massive SlyMiles devaluation coming, such as blocking of SkyTeam airline awards or even higher pricing for those that DL is affraid to show online. I hope that I'm wrong, but if past is any guide, I'm afraid that I may be right.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Can anyone tell me about a class change for an award ticket on partner? I'm about to book 5 economy tix on GA using Skymiles (they only ever seem to have 1 J on this flight). If some J open up, is it possible to pay the point difference and not have to pay a change fee? Or is this a full on rebooking situation? In which case would not be worth the $150.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Can anyone tell me about a class change for an award ticket on partner? I'm about to book 5 economy tix on GA using Skymiles (they only ever seem to have 1 J on this flight). If some J open up, is it possible to pay the point difference and not have to pay a change fee? Or is this a full on rebooking situation? In which case would not be worth the $150.
Redeposit and rebook, so the $150 redeposit fee will apply. No way around it, other than being DM or PM.

Many DL agents will insist on there being current availability for all flights, i.e. to completely cancel and refund your original ticket and book a new one from the ground up. Don't let them do that (if needed, HUACA). Insist that they keep the existing PNR and just change the flight(s) being changed, but let others remain as they are. Still will be $150 fee, but your PNR will stay the same and the other flights seat assignments will remain valid.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Redeposit and rebook, so the $150 redeposit fee will apply. No way around it, other than being DM or PM.

Many DL agents will insist on there being current availability for all flights, i.e. to completely cancel and refund your original ticket and book a new one from the ground up. Don't let them do that (if needed, HUACA). Insist that they keep the existing PNR and just change the flight(s) being changed, but let others remain as they are. Still will be $150 fee, but your PNR will stay the same and the other flights seat assignments will remain valid.
Okay, got it re the change vs rebook. I think I may get 4Y and 1J for now and then $150 for spouse to go up if J becomes available. Teens can stay in Y.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Okay, got it re the change vs rebook. I think I may get 4Y and 1J for now and then $150 for spouse to go up if J becomes available. Teens can stay in Y.
Good luck. Hope it works out for you, esp. if you are in J and the spouse is in Y.

It is still redeposit and rebook when changing, but it is keeping the same record (confirmation #) and the unchanged flights intact, vs. cancel all and then try to book it anew, as too many new Delta res agents will want to do, that usually makes it not available or much higher cost. Your best bet is to get through to an older and more experienced agent, who can do this day-to-day frequent task normally and competently.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:20 pm

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Good luck. Hope it works out for you, esp. if you are in J and the spouse is in Y.

It is still redeposit and rebook when changing, but it is keeping the same record (confirmation #) and the unchanged flights intact, vs. cancel all and then try to book it anew, as too many new Delta res agents will want to do, that usually makes it not available or much higher cost. Your best bet is to get through to an older and more experienced agent, who can do this day-to-day frequent task normally and competently.
Got it. Thanks for the tip re agent. Spouse is fine with Y; he is not the points and miles and trip hoarder that I am. Besides, he doesn't appreciate Y as much as I do. Sticks his nose in a book and puts his headphones on.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:53 pm

Westjet Awards Not Bookable Online?

Has anyone had any luck using Skymiles for Westjet flights in recent weeks? I was able to see plenty of availability back in July and easily made a booking, but since then something has changed. I tried a couple dozen test searches on different routes and dates but couldn't find anything at all.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by qupasyd
Has anyone had any luck using Skymiles for Westjet flights in recent weeks? I was able to see plenty of availability back in July and easily made a booking, but since then something has changed. I tried a couple dozen test searches on different routes and dates but couldn't find anything at all.
This was discussed upthread earlier this week. It appears little to no partner inventory is currently displaying. See posts #797 and 798. I hope this is an IT glitch and not foreshadowing of another "enhancement."
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
This was discussed upthread earlier this week. It appears little to no partner inventory is currently displaying. See posts #797 and 798. I hope this is an IT glitch and not foreshadowing of another "enhancement."
Thanks for your reply. I have been able to see other Skyteam and non-Skyteam partner inventory at delta.com, just not Westjet.

In case it helps anyone, I eventually found a way to view Westjet flights. They won't show if the search originates on the main search page, but they will show if the search is made through the "Modify Search" side menu (pictured below). So you have to do some other random search first to get to a page with the side menu and then do your actual search.

akcae likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: Delta, IHG
I currently have the Delta Platinum and am eyeing to get the Delta Reserve and keep both. I have a family of four, and eventually I would have 2 companion certs. Does anyone know if I can stack these certs on the same reservation (assuming I book main cabin for all) and also get the benefits of the Reserve card, such as Sky Priority for security, on each ticket?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Noctilum
I currently have the Delta Platinum and am eyeing to get the Delta Reserve and keep both. I have a family of four, and eventually I would have 2 companion certs. Does anyone know if I can stack these certs on the same reservation (assuming I book main cabin for all) and also get the benefits of the Reserve card, such as Sky Priority for security, on each ticket?
No, they must be booked on separate PNR's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.