Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mathprof
Might have just gotten lucky today, booked HNL-LAS over Thanksgiving using companion certificate at $591 but before clicking on the final button, I opened another browser and checked the non-certificate fare. $591 was for basic economy and main cabin was $60 more. Might have thought that E fares were certificate eligible but I was able to choose seats when I booked.
Already been observed that there appear to be a set of fares which price the same as BE, but are not BE and are thus cert eligible. If you look at the fare code you can see they are slightly different from the BE fares and main cabin fares. These are not able to be purchased standalone, they are only available when purchased on a cert.

​​​​​
​​​
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:03 am

Cancel or name change

Hello all. Quick question which i hope is in the right place.

I have an upcoming Delta Skymiles award ticket flying on Virgin Atlantic and Air France.

If I cancel, do I get the taxes/fees I paid refunded (or credited against the $150 cancellation/deposit fee?)

Secondly, can i change the name on the redemption for $150?

Finally, if I cannot change the name, is it likely i could cancel and then rebook under a different name, or is it likely that the inventory won't be reloaded after cancellation.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mfFrom35K
Anyone aware of a change to the date of issuance for companion certificates?

My annual fee posted about a week ago but the certificate has not yet showed up in my Delta account. In the past I have found that the certificate posted prior to the Amex annual fee posting.

This account is a Delta Reserve card that was converted from a Delta Platinum card 3 to 4 months ago; I have had this account for multiple years and received the platinum companion certificate multiple times.
I am in the same boat. The last two years, I received the companion cert on Sep 8/9 along with the annual fee hit which was the same time as the statement closing. This year, the annual fee hit at the statement close, but no companion cert.

I called them and they said that they are facing technical difficulties and asked to check back. I am actually planning to cancel my Reserve card this year, so really hoping they deliver that cert before the 30 day period expires.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, National Car Executive
Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss
I am in the same boat. The last two years, I received the companion cert on Sep 8/9 along with the annual fee hit which was the same time as the statement closing. This year, the annual fee hit at the statement close, but no companion cert.

I called them and they said that they are facing technical difficulties and asked to check back. I am actually planning to cancel my Reserve card this year, so really hoping they deliver that cert before the 30 day period expires.
I also called and was told there were technical problems at an operations center in Florida due to Hurricane Irma and it would post by the end of September. My certificate did post on 9/20 which was two days after I called them. So I suspect yours will post soon too.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by mfFrom35K
I also called and was told there were technical problems at an operations center in Florida due to Hurricane Irma and it would post by the end of September. My certificate did post on 9/20 which was two days after I called them. So I suspect yours will post soon too.
You are quite correct! I see it in "My Wallet" today. Data of issue is yesterday, 9/21. Glad to see it. I am free to cancel my Reserve now.

Still no email about it, but that is typically delayed by a couple of days anyway.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Did J awards to Australia go up again? I thought low level was now 95k each way? In looking at the award calendar for summer 2018 the cheapest I'm seeing is 175k each way. In fact I don't see any 95k all year. One day in January is 110k.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
Did J awards to Australia go up again? I thought low level was now 95k each way? In looking at the award calendar for summer 2018 the cheapest I'm seeing is 175k each way. In fact I don't see any 95k all year. One day in January is 110k.
I booked a 1-way MEL>LAX for 95K a few weeks ago. It doesn't have a traditional routing (PVG) so not sure if that's a factor. Even with status, award availability to Oz is horrendously bad because they want to route you on that one 777 per day for all DL pax in US and it's not enough availability.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Depends on if you fly DL or partner TPAC. DL now adds 15k to tickets that have a partner for the TPAC/TATL.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Depends on if you fly DL or partner TPAC. DL now adds 15k to tickets that have a partner for the TPAC/TATL.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
All of the flights I'm seeing are the DL n/s LAX-SYD-LAX, no partner. I'd gladly pay 15k extra SM for VA, but I never see them have availability. I just wish I could find this elusive 95k award.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 7:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
All partners, even like MU?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bergamini
All partners, even like MU?
Yes, even AF/KL/VS. Started a month or two ago. If the TPAC or TATL is not DL then it requires spending 15k more. Silly on some routings like LAX-JNB. Fly LAX-JFK-AMS-JNB and its 15k less then LAX-AMS-JNB. Especially makes no sense when AMS-JNB is equal length to LAX-AMS.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
I'm not sure the exact anniversary date for my DL Amex Plat card - I've held the card for several years. However, two data points which might be helpful.

My renewal annual fee posted to my Amex account on April 23 this year, as it did the year before.

My Amex Companion cert posted to my DL Skymiles account on April 3. Last year, my companion cert posted on April 4.

What date did your first annual fee post? Based on my experience, you might expect to see your companion cert post to your DL.com wallet about 19-20 calendar days prior to the posting date for the next annual fee.

Hope this helps.
Hi all! Any more data points on this by chance? Looking for when to expect my Amex Delta Plat cert to become available.

My fee posted on 11/18/16, the date of my very first statement with the card. I opened the card on 10/25/16.

I have a flight to book...so hoping for this cert to become available soon! Hopefully before 11/18!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
doing some random partner Asia pricing for business class awards...

LAX-ICN, nonstop on KE one-way now pricing at 125K miles for J
LAX-TPE, nonstop on CI one-way now pricing at 125K miles for J

I can still get, example, SEA-ICN nonstop on DL for 80K which books into O. I had heard about the 15K upcharge for partner awards, but now can't find any TPAC business award on partner carriers for the 95K rate. And I'm looking at nonstop flights only, not trying to add domestic segments or that sort of thing.

Has anyone else seen this? (hoping) it's maybe just a pricing glitch here at 1am.

Last edited by PurdueFlyer; Oct 24, 2017 at 11:40 pm Reason: clarified business class awards
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:54 am

I'm trying to offload a bunch of skymiles during a very long trip next year, and am having a very hard time finding business class options not originating or terminating in The US. My dates are wide open, as I was trying to plan the long haul flights around business award availability. It's still extremely difficult to find business awards that are available or pricing that's not insulting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.