Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Yesterday I received in the mail an offer by Amex/DL (the invitation came from Amex) to match my CO Status thru 2/28/12 (9 months). No challenge required, just fax a copy of my last CO statement to a phone # or email a scanned copy to an email address. I don't believe that DL or Amex knows my status (I am CO Plat) and the invite said it was because I was a good Amex customer. As a data point, I use *wood Amex about 25-30K a year.
Seems too good to pass up.
Does anyone know if this is a once-in-lifetime match, or not? Will they match for a non-MR Amex?
Update: If the person has been given a "benefit" status upgrade in the past by an elite, and does not hold elite status, the status match will not be granted - regardless of status on the other airline, per a letter from Delta SM.

Last edited by flyzabit; Jun 18, 2011 at 10:45 am
Old Jun 6, 2011, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
I just noted these two under "my promotions":

2011 BOS-CDG Double Miles Promotion 01SEP2011
http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/summermiles/ First, register by September 1, 2011, then fly between June 15 and September 15, 2011, on any Delta or Air France nonstop flights between Boston and Paris (CDG).

2011 JFK-BUD Double Miles Promotion 01SEP2011
http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/jfkbudapest/
First, register by September 1, 2011, then fly between June 15 and September 15, 2011, on Delta nonstop flights between New York (JFK) and Budapest.
===========================================

and this PetCareRX / Delta sweepstakes for http://deltasweeps.petcarerx.com or
http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/DeltaS...s.aspx?id=1761
(3 folks get 100,000 miles; 4 get 50,000 miles)
PROMOTION PERIOD. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDST") on Monday, May 2, 2011 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EDST Wednesday, June 15, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). There is also a mail-in address in the T&C.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:28 am

Programs: DL, BA
Originally Posted by flyzabit
JAN/FEB 2011 UPDATES:

1. ADDED 2/11/2011: Fly Round Trip on DL - Get a $25 AmEx Gift Card [HIGHLY TARGETED] Link: http://dmn.delta.com/offers/FlyDelta/
Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by clicking here and fly between February 9 and April 10, 2011. All travel must be completed by April 10, 2011.
Bonus Offer: Purchase and fly round trip on Delta marketed and operated flights departing from Hartford/BDL, Columbus/CMH, Boston/BOS, Indianapolis/IND, Jacksonville/JAX, Norfolk/ORF, Los Angeles/LAX, Seattle/SEA, Portland/PDX, St Louis/STL, Nashville/BNA, Pittsburgh/PIT, Raleigh-Durham/RDU, Omaha/OMA or Richmond/RIC between between February 9 and April 10, 2011, and earn a $25 value prepaid reward card from American Express for paid round-trip travel. Codeshare flights operated by carriers other than Delta are excluded from this offer.

Did anyone receive a GC? I was registered and it's been 8 weeks since promo ended. Terms said GC would be sent out within 6 weeks.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
50% bonus on Amex MR point transfers with 25K MQM bonus is back through September 30th 2011. This time, however, you need to transfer 100K to get the MQM part. Registration here http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/junemr/

In the process of looking at this offer, I was playing around and found these two links via a targeted Google search:

https://dmn.delta.com/cgi-bin/awardbooking.cgi?lang=en
http://dmn.delta.com/cgi-bin/airasia...ng.cgi?lang=en

Has anyone seen these before, and if so, know how utilize them?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mooper
50% bonus on Amex MR point transfers with 25K MQM bonus is back through September 30th 2011. This time, however, you need to transfer 100K to get the MQM part. Registration here http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/junemr/
Is this targeted promo? from the fine print:

Offer Eligibility: This offer is non-transferable and is only eligible for the SkyMiles member receiving this communication directly from Delta Air Lines.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

Offer Eligibility: This offer is non-transferable and is only eligible for the SkyMiles member receiving this communication directly from Delta Air Lines.
Yes, it is targeted. Isn't it obvious from the fine print you pasted into your message that it is targeted?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

Yes, it is clearly targeted, but for a host of reasons, you may qualify even if you haven't seen the email in your inbox. The best way to find out is to enter your SM# and see what message pops up. If you don't qualify, there's no reason to complain... it's an optional freebie they offer to certain people they think will benefit them the most. If you do qualify, then go for it!
Old Jun 13, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL,UA
Has any used ID Protect from American express, they are offering 5,000 skymiles for $9.99 a month. How long does it take for miles to post? any one with experience in using the service is appreciated. I am more interested in the miles.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta frequent flyer Gold Medallion Status
I have also been watching for some type of promotion for double MQMs. It seemed like they had the double MQM special from last year started by now. I wonder if they are not going to do anything this summer?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:45 am

I have some observations and questions on the targetted "Thank You" promotion of May 25. (see below) It seems great with only 2 domestic or 1 international flight required to move from my current silver level to gold. I can't find language that says it even has to be on DL flights. In fact, at the very bottom of the registration page, almost off the page there is a line that says "Travel may be on other airlines". As I read the T&C, the only requirement is that you have to be a Gold/Platinum DL Skymiles or DL Reserve Personal/Business Credit card holder and register online. It doesn't even say you have to charge the flights to the AMEX cards but I assume that would be necessary since how else would they know whether or not you are actually a cardholder. You have until the end of 2011 to make the flights and the status will be for 2012. I assume that does not mean you will get the status as soon as you make the flights in 2011 but that the new status will become effective March 1, 2012, when your current status runs out. (Assuming you don't earn the advanced status in 2011 by getting the usual required MQMs.) Anyone see anything contrary to or in addition to my interpretations?

EDIT: I just reread the T&C and I don't think I even need to be a DL cardholder. The reference to a cardholder is under "Pay with Miles" and appears to relate only to times when you are using that payment method. So now it appears that I only have to make the flights described (using any payment method I choose with any credit card) but it looks like they need to be on DL (despite the "other airlines" line) or how will DL be able to tell I made the flights?
################################################## ###################

Terms & Conditions

Eligibility: Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is non-transferable. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam offers. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by December 31, 2011. Medallion status (including status granted via status match, Choice Benefits or Million Miler™ status) will not count toward promotional qualification.

Bonus Offer: Qualify for 2012 Gold Medallion status by flying 2 paid round-trip domestic flights or 1 paid round-trip international ticket between date of registration and December 31, 2011.

Travel Period: Travel must be between date of registration and December 31, 2011. All travel must be completed by December 31, 2011.

Pay with Miles: Only Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve Credit Cardmembers, as well as Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmembers, with a U.S. point of sale address in their SkyMiles account are eligible. Limited to Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights booked under the DL code on delta.com. Minimum 10,000 miles for redemption. Not eligible for mile accrual, Complimentary Upgrades, MQMs, Medallion segments, or Best Fare Guarantee. Refund restrictions apply. All SkyMiles program and Pay with Miles rules apply. To review the rules, visit Membership Guide & Program Rules.

Miscellaneous: Rollover benefit means Medallion Qualification Miles earned in 2011 above a member's earned Medallion threshold level will roll over to 2012 and count toward 2013 Medallion status qualification. Members who receive complimentary or gifted Medallion status are ineligible for rollover MQMs unless they earn more MQMs than the gifted status requirement. For example, if a member is gifted Silver Medallion status in 2011 and also earns 30,000 MQMs in 2011, s/he will be able to roll over 5,000 MQMs since the Silver Medallion requirement is 25,000 MQMs. Complimentary Upgrades are subject to availability and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Access to and use of Delta Sky Priority services are reserved for BusinessElite, First and Business Class passengers, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Medallion members, SkyTeam Elite Plus and Alaska Airlines® MVP® Gold members on all Delta and Delta Connection flights. Benefits subject to change at any time. All Sky Priority rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skypriority. Medallion members traveling in the Economy Class cabin will be permitted two bags free of charge up to 70 lbs. for each bag. All passengers traveling in First/Business Class cabin will still be allowed to check up to three bags up to 70 lbs. at no additional charge on Delta and Delta Connection-operated flights only. Excess, oversize and/or overweight baggage fees may apply. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide & Program Rules. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers, rules and benefits subject to change. This SkyMiles offer is subject to change or withdrawal at any time without prior notice. Please refer Delta customer service representative to 97020312.

X
Site Map About Delta Delta Blog Business Programs & Services Travel Agents Careers Privacy/Security Legal Text Only
©2011 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Travel may be on other airlines.

Terms and conditions apply to all offers and SkyMiles benefits. See specific offer for details, and visit SkyMiles Membership Guide & Program Rules.

+Subject to Government Approval.

Last edited by upgrader; Jun 14, 2011 at 10:08 am Reason: add T&C
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by PASTORJ
Has any used ID Protect from American express, they are offering 5,000 skymiles for $9.99 a month. How long does it take for miles to post? any one with experience in using the service is appreciated. I am more interested in the miles.
I used a similar Amex offer earlier this year (not sure if it was ID Protect or a similar service) and the miles posted about 5-6 weeks after signing up, even though I cancelled about three weeks in to be sure the first monthly rebill didn't hit. I'm curious if we can churn this offer. Do you have a link to the T&C?

Originally Posted by flyingfran
I have also been watching for some type of promotion for double MQMs. It seemed like they had the double MQM special from last year started by now. I wonder if they are not going to do anything this summer?
I doubt it, as the various accelerated-status offers already floating around are much more powerful and also give Delta the type of high-margin activity it seeks (particularly Amex-linked activity).

Originally Posted by upgrader
I have some observations and questions on the targetted "Thank You" promotion of May 25. (see below) It seems great with only 2 domestic or 1 international flight required to move from my current silver level to gold. I can't find language that says it even has to be on DL flights. In fact, at the very bottom of the registration page, almost off the page there is a line that says "Travel may be on other airlines". As I read the T&C, the only requirement is that you have to be a Gold/Platinum DL Skymiles or DL Reserve Personal/Business Credit card holder and register online. It doesn't even say you have to charge the flights to the AMEX cards but I assume that would be necessary since how else would they know whether or not you are actually a cardholder. You have until the end of 2011 to make the flights and the status will be for 2012. I assume that does not mean you will get the status as soon as you make the flights in 2011 but that the new status will become effective March 1, 2012, when your current status runs out. (Assuming you don't earn the advanced status in 2011 by getting the usual required MQMs.) Anyone see anything contrary to or in addition to my interpretations?
I don't think you need to be a DL Amex holder nor use an Amex card for the flights purchased. You don't need to fly DL metal, but it has to be a DL-associated carrier. Status should post "shortly" after you've made your qualifying flights. Details on those last two points are provided by Kevin in his post here, and the first point is just my interpretation.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL,UA
[QUOTE=mooper;16560016]I used a similar Amex offer earlier this year (not sure if it was ID Protect or a similar service) and the miles posted about 5-6 weeks after signing up, even though I cancelled about three weeks in to be sure the first monthly rebill didn't hit. I'm curious if we can churn this offer. Do you have a link to the T&C?

https://www.idprotect.americanexpres...104AMXFSOL0079
Old Jun 14, 2011, 3:12 pm

Thanks. Looks like a no-go on churning, per the first line from the T&C:

Please allow 8-12 weeks for miles earned to appear in your SkyMiles account. Only first time enrollees are eligible for the bonus miles.

Wife and family members, however, haven't tried the service. At .2 cents ($0.002) per Skymile, it's time to see if they find it useful!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by mooper
Thanks. Looks like a no-go on churning, per the first line from the T&C:

Wife and family members, however, haven't tried the service. At .2 cents ($0.002) per Skymile, it's time to see if they find it useful!
This might SEEM like a dumb question, but since I did not see anything prohibiting it in the T&C's, can someone without an AMEX card of some kind sign up for ID Protect and bill it to a non-AMEX card, or is it only for AMEX holders? In other words, are they selling the service to anybody, or is it just a perk for AMEX cardholders with DL SkyMiles accounts?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Smile

Originally Posted by PASTORJ
I did the promo and got the 5000 miles within 30 days, cancelled my membership immediately so it does work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.