Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by USirritated
You can always go to the site to register and try it. Quite a few people who did not get the offer tried to register anyway, and were successful.
The only link that worked for me was the original one I received for SMs. Says I will get 75% mileage bonus from July 1-December 31, 2011 if I fly 6 segments by the end of June. Wonder if that will stack with my 100% mileage bonus given by me being a GM? Or if it will cancel out my 100% bonus and only give me 75%? Or will it just be ignored, giving me my ordinary 100% bonus?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 9:07 pm

how do you get these offers?

I've was gold for the past 15 months and just made platinum, i never get these targeted offers and was not able to access any with the URLs posted. What list do you have to get on to have these offers apply to you?
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by tiamat
I've was gold for the past 15 months and just made platinum, i never get these targeted offers and was not able to access any with the URLs posted. What list do you have to get on to have these offers apply to you?
There is no "list to get on" per se. Delta, and other airlines and loyalty programs, simply designs algorithms for their computer systems to seek out the profiles and flying patterns of certain types (mostly how often, how many miles, what status now and in past years, etc.) of flyers, and uses those results to target some customers with promotions offers, and not others.

In your case, the algorithm was probably written to not choose customers who were already on a trajectory to make Platinum or Diamond on their own. Based on your flying for 2011, they probably saw you would make Platinum for sure, and maybe Diamond, and even though it is poor promo from a PR point of view, the dry DL accountants probably love it.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:21 am

Programs: Skyteam, OneWorld, AMEX
Originally Posted by tiamat
Best just to stay up to date with this forum and post anything that DL sends your way - for the rest of the team...
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
There is no "list to get on" per se. Delta, and other airlines and loyalty programs, simply designs algorithms for their computer systems to seek out the profiles and flying patterns of certain types (mostly how often, how many miles, what status now and in past years, etc.) of flyers, and uses those results to target some customers with promotions offers, and not others.

In your case, the algorithm was probably written to not choose customers who were already on a trajectory to make Platinum or Diamond on their own. Based on your flying for 2011, they probably saw you would make Platinum for sure, and maybe Diamond, and even though it is poor promo from a PR point of view, the dry DL accountants probably love it.
The 4 "thank you" or "status fast" offers appear to be for those who dropped a rank of elite (or should have been one). I dropped a rank and was targeted (and do NOT get all the offers myself) - but I never got the email. Go figure...

My spouse dropped to non-elite, but was not targeted to get it back, despite a 15K trip this past week. Bummer.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by flyzabit
The 4 "thank you" or "status fast" offers appear to be for those who dropped a rank of elite (or should have been one). I dropped a rank and was targeted (and do NOT get all the offers myself) - but I never got the email. Go figure...

My spouse dropped to non-elite, but was not targeted to get it back, despite a 15K trip this past week. Bummer.
Another option MIGHT be to call and ask to be included in the promotion. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

(NO, DO NOT WRITE an e-mail, too easy to send out a form response.)
Old Apr 12, 2011, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (GM)
Another option MIGHT be to call and ask to be included in the promotion. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

(NO, DO NOT WRITE an e-mail, too easy to send out a form response.)
Is there a particular desk to call with this kind of request? ("Please include me in the 'Status Fast" promo" or some sort of status challenge.) The newest guy in my office will be flying a fair amount of BIS miles for us and we'd like to make his stay in Zone 4 shorter if possible.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by SMWinnie
Is there a particular desk to call with this kind of request? ("Please include me in the 'Status Fast" promo" or some sort of status challenge.) The newest guy in my office will be flying a fair amount of BIS miles for us and we'd like to make his stay in Zone 4 shorter if possible.
What is your elite status? Does "the newest guy" have status with any other airline? If you are elite, then contact Medallion Special Services.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (GM)
What is your elite status? Does "the newest guy" have status with any other airline? If you are elite, then contact Medallion Special Services.
New guy has no 2011 status anywhere. (Flew a desk last year.) I'm just an FO.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by SMWinnie
New guy has no 2011 status anywhere. (Flew a desk last year.) I'm just an FO.
Then since you are an FO, then I would call the Medallion Special Services line and ask them what is possible for you and for your friend. You might also ask them about opening a SkyBonus account for your company and see if that would help any.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 9:58 am

I'm looking at the new member bonus (looks like I have to take Delta on a couple trips this year), and I just want to clarify that I sign up for Skymiles first, then after I receive my number, I register in the 'register today' area.

Additionally, does DL send out any email confirmation that I am signed up for the promotion? Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by lowfareair
...does DL send out any email confirmation that I am signed up for the promotion? Thanks!
Usually not, but it will display a confirmation on the page after submission and you could save a screen shot as proof.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by lowfareair
I'm looking at the new member bonus (looks like I have to take Delta on a couple trips this year), and I just want to clarify that I sign up for Skymiles first, then after I receive my number, I register in the 'register today' area.

Additionally, does DL send out any email confirmation that I am signed up for the promotion? Thanks!
There's a section under 'Skymiles', 'Manage My account', 'View Your Skymiles Promotions' where you can get confirmation of the promos your registered for.

Also, a new section lets you look at promotions your eligible for. pretty neat
Old Apr 23, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
What is the Membership Rewards MQM Bonus? I'm registered for it but when I click on it, I get "Method Not Allowed". I don't recall what it is but I registered for it back in February and it ends May 31.
Old Apr 23, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flyzabit
Or possibly those who hit a new upgrade this past year? I was Silver for last 2 years, made Gold in 2010 and received the promotional offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.