Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by mooper
Looks to be very targeted, but worth trying to register for. Up to 5,000 miles back for booking an award and traveling within the specified date range on specific days. Definitely a narrow benefit, but it's nice that Delta offers things like this... don't see many other airlines with similar promos.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/2011awardtravelrebate/
I tried and it said I don't qualify.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 7:37 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs down

Looks to be very targeted, but worth trying to register for. Up to 5,000 miles back for booking an award and traveling within the specified date range on specific days. Definitely a narrow benefit, but it's nice that Delta offers things like this... don't see many other airlines with similar promos.

We are sorry, the SkyMiles number entered is not eligible for this promotion. This offer was created specifically for the SkyMiles member who received the promotion and only the SkyMiles number listed on the promotion piece may be registered. The offer may not be transferred to other SkyMiles members
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:44 am

Cannot believe my luck! I got this. I was set to book my first Skymiles flight in a long time -- perhaps why I was targeted -- and this came. I actually forgot to register before holding an itinerary. I registered and reheld just to be safe. Horrific itinerary, but I was able to piece an open-jaw together after searching RT's and noting which directions worked best for my very flexible dates.

I'm a bit concerned because the return is a red-eye, with the second and third legs start on a Thursday morning. I hope they don't weasel out that way.

Last edited by Vapno; Apr 30, 2011 at 11:47 am
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
I tried and it said I don't qualify.
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
We are sorry, the SkyMiles number entered is not eligible for this promotion.
Most people won't qualify; this is a highly targeted promotion. Many other offers listed on summary page for this thread are, too. Try them all out and hope for the best, but don't complain if you don't qualify... they are freebies and Delta is trying to reach specific demographics. There are plenty of non-targeted promotions that are open to everyone (40 miles per dollar spent on Mother's Day gifts at 1800Flowers, for example). Give one of those a spin if you have the promo itch.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Vapno
Cannot believe my luck! I got this. I was set to book my first Skymiles flight in a long time -- perhaps why I was targeted -- and this came. I actually forgot to register before holding an itinerary. I registered and reheld just to be safe. Horrific itinerary, but I was able to piece an open-jaw together after searching RT's and noting which directions worked best for my very flexible dates.

I'm a bit concerned because the return is a red-eye, with the second and third legs start on a Thursday morning. I hope they don't weasel out that way.
Weasel out how? Their argument would just be that you did not understand the terribly UNCLEAR, CONFUSING promotion, as clearly, so many people posting on this thread do not (including me).
Old May 4, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Anyone want to transfer miles & get 50% more for $.022 each?
"Bring your friends and family with you on your next vacation. Transfer miles to that special someone between May 1 and June 30, 2011 and we'll give them a 50% mileage bonus."

www.delta.com/skymiles/buy_transfer/transfer_miles/transfer_miles_lto/index.jsp

Last edited by jumpdogjump; May 4, 2011 at 4:27 pm
Old May 4, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
Anyone want to transfer miles & get 50% more for $.022 each?
"Bring your friends and family with you on your next vacation. Transfer miles to that special someone between May 1 and June 30, 2011 and we'll give them a 50% mileage bonus."

www.delta.com/skymiles/buy_transfer/transfer_miles/transfer_miles_lto/index.jsp
How did you come up with "$.022 each?"
Old May 5, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by USirritated
How did you come up with "$.022 each?"
By dividing the cost ($330) by the additional 15,000 miles one would get from a max. transfer. Strictly looking at it from an additional miles view.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by jumpdogjump
By dividing the cost ($330) by the additional 15,000 miles one would get from a max. transfer. Strictly looking at it from an additional miles view.
That would be very misleading. The cost should be divided by the total amount of miles yielded from a mileage purchase.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by USirritated
That would be very misleading. The cost should be divided by the total amount of miles yielded from a mileage purchase.
I don't get this. It's a transfer bonus, not a purchase bonus, no?
Old May 6, 2011, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by mirobatka
I don't get this. It's a transfer bonus, not a purchase bonus, no?
Transfer or purchase, there is still a charge from Delta, calculated on a per mile basis, although on transfers it is generally lower.
Old May 12, 2011, 5:08 am

SpaFinder is offering 40 SkyMiiles per dollar spent until May 31st. There are several ways to further leverage this offer. I've outlined all the ones I know of in this post within the dedicated thread.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:35 am

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/haneda/

TOUCH DOWN IN TOKYO
AND EARN MORE MILES

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/haneda/

FLY NONSTOP FROM L.A. OR DETROIT TO
TOKYO-HANEDA AND GET UP TO TRIPLE FLOWN MILES.

Now you can register to earn triple flown miles for each BusinessElite® paid flight or double flown miles for each Economy Class paid flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and Tokyo-Haneda (HND)—service resumes June 2, 2011—or Detroit (DTW) and Tokyo-Haneda (HND)—service resumes June 16, 2011.

This offer comes at a great time, as we resume these two nonstop routes after confirming with several organizations—including the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo—that traveling to Japan is safe. And since Tokyo-Haneda offers a convenient location closer to the city center, you’ll save more time and money getting exactly where you need to be.

To take advantage of this offer, register by September 15, 2011, and then fly on these nonstop flights through September 30, 2011. Bonus miles may be earned for multiple trips during this promotion—even for one-way flights.
Old May 18, 2011, 12:43 am

@flyzabit -

In light of the above offer, I recommend adding this search to the "Google Searches" list on the main summary:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...Face_offers%2F

Interesting Yankees offers show up in the results.

Also, as this new Tokyo/Haneda offer supplants the old one, consider removing the old one in favor of this new one.

UPDATE:

In playing around some more, I formulated another search that grabs much of what the other searches find, albeit misses some (for example, it includes one of the Yankees offers, but not the other).

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...hl=en&safe=off

Interestingly, it dug up a few other new offers I haven't seen anywhere, such as http://dmn.delta.com/DSMWeb/Enrollment?offer=haneda - which appears to be an even better Japan offer (triple miles) FOR NEW SKYMILES MEMBERS (creates a new SkyMiles account).

And another directory-specific search (this one does grab the two Yankees offers, albeit in different locations):

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...ta.com/DSMWeb/

You'll probably want to add the searches as well as the above Japan offer and any others it pulls up that you haven't yet seen.

Last edited by mooper; May 18, 2011 at 6:56 am Reason: Added another search query
Old May 18, 2011, 1:01 am

....snip....

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%...Face_offers%2F

Interesting Yankees offers show up in the results.

....snip....
Evidently this is some sort of a weekly offer/contest, does anyone know anything about a weekly "Delta Dugout" offer/contest?

I registered for it. It's interesting that it does not seem to require flying anywhere or doing anything, other than registering.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.