Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated Delta Promotions Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Funny. I was able to register despite non being a new member. I don't expect to receive any of the bonuses though.
I was also just now able to register. It will be interesting to see what happens, considering that I am not a new member!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by USirritated
I was also just now able to register. It will be interesting to see what happens, considering that I am not a new member!
Usually, it won't let you register for an offer for which you don't qualify. However, similar to the situation with a recent Amex MR offer, non-qualified accounts are able to register. That, however, doesn't mean you are qualified, as the terms are very explicit right on the registration page:

Eligibility: Offer valid only for new SkyMiles members joining the SkyMiles program for the first time. To participate in this offer, SkyMiles member must register online within 30 days of receipt of the offer. To qualify for this offer, members must maintain a valid email address and remain opted in to receive (via email) Fare Sales and Last Minute Deals, your SkyMiles Statement, Delta Partner Offers, SkyMiles Promotions, and Travel & SkyMiles Info. Email preferences may be updated by going to delta.com/profile. Qualifying activities must take place after enrollment and be completed within 12 months from enrollment date. Activity prior to enrollment will not qualify for bonus miles.

To qualify, you clearly must be a "new" first-time member (albeit "new" isn't defined), AND you must register within 30 days of receiving the offer (i.e., if you didn't receive the offer, you don't qualify), AND you must be subscribed to all named email lists.

You could make the argument that you relied to your fiscal detriment upon the offer by assuming the successful registration meant you qualified despite failing one or more of these tests, so you proceeded to purchase tickets, partner activities, etc based upon that assumption, but that's grasping a bit given the clarity of the terms.

Funny. I was able to register despite non being a new member. I don't expect to receive any of the bonuses though.
It's also worth noting that, unlike most other promotions that show up on your registered-promotions page immediately, this one does not "stick" (though it will tell you that you've already registered if you try a second time, so it is saving registration attempts). When you return to your promotions page, it shows that you are still eligible for the promo, as if you haven't yet signed up. It's possible that it will update overnight to reflect that you indeed registered, but for now, it seems to "forget" in terms of the display but "remember" in terms of dupe submissions. Interesting.

Last edited by mooper; Jul 10, 2011 at 5:13 pm
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:58 pm

Check again. Appears to have been purged, now rejects anyone who doesn't qualify. Oh well.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by mooper
Check again. Appears to have been purged, now rejects anyone who doesn't qualify. Oh well.
It will be interesting to see what happens for the people who registered before they fixed the "glitch." This was the first time with DL where I was able to register for a promo which I was not qualified for without receiving the standard "not qualified" message.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by USirritated
It will be interesting to see what happens for the people who registered before they fixed the "glitch." This was the first time with DL where I was able to register for a promo which I was not qualified for without receiving the standard "not qualified" message.
Accounts registered before the glitch never showed the promo listed in the list of registered offers, and the eligibility disappeared all together the day after. In other words, it didn't "stick", so probably a non-event.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by mooper
yup - got the not eligible message
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by nor4
Since the Triple Miles promo requires variable miles, it only makes sense if your stay costs $334+ per night? Variable miles: 334X3=1002 miles; fixed miles: 500X2=1000 miles.

My understanding from the Hilton forum is that the T&C from the offer has been verified by a Hilton employee to actually give triple miles on fixed. I'm not sure if they actually updated the verbage on the T&C, but have confirmed that fixed miles will earn triple. Much better promo than it would have been, IMO. I'm also pretty sure someone shared confirmation from their Honors account activity as well.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:33 am

Programs: Delta-Gold,HH-Diamond,PC-Gold
Thanks so much for all of your work!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood
Double miles on flights from STL

Just saw this in my inbox. 2x miles on RTs from STL booked/flown before 9/18.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/stlouisdouble2011/

Enjoy!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:22 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
Triple miles out of STL here:

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/stlouistriple2011/
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by dartagnan
Neither the double or the triple links worked for me

We are sorry, the SkyMiles number entered is not eligible for this promotion. This offer was created specifically for the SkyMiles member who received the promotion and only the SkyMiles number listed on the promotion piece may be registered. The offer may not be transferred to other SkyMiles members.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by dartagnan
tried: chicago, newyork, cleveland, pittsburgh, detroit... non of them has same promo.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
Originally Posted by uoficowboy
Neither the double or the triple links worked for me
Not for me either.

Romelle
Old Jul 19, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL 1MM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Double Bonus Miles in RDU

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/raleightriple2011/

Would have wished it was DMQM like last year.

**Targeted: 2 of 5 were eligible, all with same address.**
Old Jul 19, 2011, 10:32 pm

Programs: DL Gold, PC Plat, CP Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Eighty8MPH
Got this email from DL today:

Hello,

Not only is check-in through the Delta app faster and more convenient—now you can also get rewarded. First register, then check in using the Delta app to earn 1,000 miles between June 30 and September 7, 2011.

The app allows you to get your eBoarding Pass right on your mobile device, bypassing printers and airport congestion. You can store your boarding pass on your phone like a picture, making it easily accessible even without an Internet connection. Once you've checked in, you're free to walk straight to security and present the boarding pass image from your phone.

Simply download the Delta app to check in to your next flight. The Delta app is available now on your iPhone®, BlackBerry®, Android™ phone and is coming soon to Windows® Phone. You can use the Delta app to check in at over 65 airports worldwide.

Be sure to register and check in to earn your 1,000 miles.

http://dmn.delta.com/ace_offers/summermobile/
Has anyone seen miles post for this yet? I've done mobile check-in twice this month and haven't seen miles post for either one yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.