Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:03 am

Someone will kill this golden goose... I just hope not too soon. What's wrong with people just applying for 1 personal and 1 business card, every 91 days and picking up 200,000 miles per year? It's been working for such a long time, no reason to get too greedy. Keep on running this marathon, don't sprint to much, you may twist your ankle.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by PedroNY
Someone will kill this golden goose... I just hope not too soon. What's wrong with people just applying for 1 personal and 1 business card, every 91 days and picking up 200,000 miles per year? It's been working for such a long time, no reason to get too greedy. Keep on running this marathon, don't sprint to much, you may twist your ankle.

Cheers,

PedroNY
I think the goose is on it's last limbs at this point...

AS is aware and is monitoring bonus award activity. BoA wised up and some reps are disallowing multiple accounts.

I'll wait my full 3 months before I do another AS card. Maybe do an award booking between now and then too just to show some activity. Definitely doing some "regular spend" on the card to have some inconsistencies in all my related accounts.

The end is near. But something new always pops up!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:43 am

Does the 90 day rule apply to me? My last Alaska personal cards were 6 months back. I got Boa Virgin Atlantic cards about a month back. Can I apply for Alaska cards now? I can even apply for the business version - is there a better chance?

QUOTE=PedroNY;25015373]Someone will kill this golden goose... I just hope not too soon. What's wrong with people just applying for 1 personal and 1 business card, every 91 days and picking up 200,000 miles per year? It's been working for such a long time, no reason to get too greedy. Keep on running this marathon, don't sprint to much, you may twist your ankle.

Cheers,

PedroNY[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:11 am

You should be able to get both personal and business.

90 day rule is not a set rule for BofA, it is just something that a lot of people do who churn credit cards, we bunch our applications, and repeat it every 90 or 120 days. That way these hard pulls start to "fall off" your credit report in sequence -- lot of banks look back at 6 month mark, or 1 year mark, or total of 2 years (the max). So if you have 8 hard pulls from 366 days ago or 732 days ago, they won't impact banks' decisions. YMMV, as always.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

Cheers,

PedroNY
Originally Posted by bobby21
Does the 90 day rule apply to me? My last Alaska personal cards were 6 months back. I got Boa Virgin Atlantic cards about a month back. Can I apply for Alaska cards now? I can even apply for the business version - is there a better chance?
I may be wrong, but I think Pedro was referring to one personal and one bus AS card per 91 days, not all B/A cards combined. Several posts have mentioned the Recon CSR saying there is a new informal policy of only 2 AS cards per 90 days. Most likely due to the massive publicity about applying for 4 or even 5 AS cards the same day. I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:34 am

Cheers,

PedroNY
I agree. Why rock the boat on such a sure thing? (The answer of course is that Captain Bowtie deemed it so and ordered his minions to open 4-5 accounts in 1 day.)
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.
I believe you mean VS apps.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond

Cheers,

PedroNY
Should we close the first card before we apply for the next one after 91 days?
Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I believe you mean VS apps.
I'm not aware of anyone posting about VS apps interfering with AS apps.

And:

I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:46 pm

Close open card before applying?

Greetings,
I currently have an open personal card, the annual fee will hit shortly. I am planning on canceling it soon.
I also plan to apply for two new cards (1 personal + 1 biz) in the next week or so. Is it better to close my current open card before submitting apps for the two new cards?
Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Gold, United
Business card application status

Apologies if this info is upthread, but is there any way to check the application status by the application #? I Applied for both personal and business AS cards on the same day, and was approved for the personal, but the business went pending. When I call the automated approval line it only gives the info for the approved personal card.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Soulag
Apologies if this info is upthread, but is there any way to check the application status by the application #? I Applied for both personal and business AS cards on the same day, and was approved for the personal, but the business went pending. When I call the automated approval line it only gives the info for the approved personal card.
Call reconsideration line / analyst line and give them your SSN to look up recently opened applications. No need for the app ID.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:20 pm

Is it still possible to sign up for two personal products at once on the same day? For instance this card + the Virgin Atlantic card both on the same day?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by breef
Is it still possible to sign up for two personal products at once on the same day? For instance this card + the Virgin Atlantic card both on the same day?
Literally 8 posts above yours answers your question
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
I may be wrong, but I think Pedro was referring to one personal and one bus AS card per 91 days, not all B/A cards combined. Several posts have mentioned the Recon CSR saying there is a new informal policy of only 2 AS cards per 90 days. Most likely due to the massive publicity about applying for 4 or even 5 AS cards the same day. I'm not aware of anyone posting about VA apps interfering with AS apps.
I read this as applying for 1 business card and 1 personal card. My original question is if it is possible to apply for two PERSONAL cards of different product lines at once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.