Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:20 pm

Those of you that have done the convert platinum to signature song and dance - who do you contact after the conversion went through to get the additional miles?

My 2nd conversion (1 approved auto, 2 went platinum) just went through, and BoA told me to call Alaska. I called Alaska, and they said to call BoA.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
Those of you that have done the convert platinum to signature song and dance - who do you contact after the conversion went through to get the additional miles?

My 2nd conversion (1 approved auto, 2 went platinum) just went through, and BoA told me to call Alaska. I called Alaska, and they said to call BoA.
It takes a few days for the miles to post. Is that what you are worried about?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
One member of our churn team is getting close to her magic 90-day churn mark. The only two B of A cards she has are AS Visa signatures, 8K and 5K CL respectively.

In light of recent developments with these cards, is it best to cancel one or both of them, on different days, before she tries for more? If so, how many days prior to churn should she have them both canceled?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
It takes a few days for the miles to post. Is that what you are worried about?
A few days from when? A few days after a card gets converted from Platinum to Signature? Does it happen automatically, or do I need to contact someone to get the remaining 20k miles?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
A few days from when? A few days after a card gets converted from Platinum to Signature? Does it happen automatically, or do I need to contact someone to get the remaining 20k miles?
You need to wait, in some cases 1+ month for the bonus to finally appear. Is the 2 Sig limit applicable to both biz and personal cards? In that case I would just keep churning biz cards since wouldn't affect my personal credit score
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
You need to wait, in some cases 1+ month for the bonus to finally appear. Is the 2 Sig limit applicable to both biz and personal cards? In that case I would just keep churning biz cards since wouldn't affect my personal credit score
Does the bonus appear without telling someone to put the bonus on? Meaning, I just got it converted to a Signature - what prompts them to actually give the higher sign on bonus if I don't contact them?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Friendly suggestions

Before you apply another set of AS cards, do visit AS forum to update yourselves on the latest developments so you would not be caught in a really bad situation.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Friendly suggestions

Before you apply another set of AS cards, do visit AS forum to update yourselves on the latest developments so you would not be caught in a really bad situation.
Are you talking about this?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-up-bonus.html
Old Jun 19, 2015, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by michael_v
Yes. Also the shut downs reported on Dan's Deal site. In particular a poster posted the email AS sent to him after reinstating his account. I just could not believe as smart as Dan is, he would fall for MMS and RTC on their fishing trip. Personally I would keep an eye on the situation and definitely not to apply anything until the dust settles.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Yes. Also the shut downs reported on Dan's Deal site. In particular a poster posted the email AS sent to him after reinstating his account. I just could not believe as smart as Dan is, he would fall for MMS and RTC on their fishing trip. Personally I would keep an eye on the situation and definitely not to apply anything until the dust settles.
Agreed on all counts. MMS reminds me in so small measure of Alfrid Lickspittle in his me-first attitude hiding behind the you-first facade
Old Jun 22, 2015, 10:54 am

Is there any way to check the status of business card application without speaking to a rep?
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:51 am

Did 2bm 61 days ago.Approved.Applied for one and went into pending.Called credit analyst and was denied.Stated reason,not allowed to have more than the two alaska boa at this time.Called again,asked to have credit line moved.Rejected.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Okay, finally got around to calling to get the platinum changed. They increased the CL to $5,000, changed the card. Then called back to read me some more terms and conditions. I then called to customer care to ask about the signup bonus. They said that the request did not go through for the signature card. I got transferred back to the credit analysis dept, and they did the request again, then went back to customer care, and they said the first rep had already put in the request for bonus miles. So now we wait and see.

A few takeaways for others:
1) Always apply when Recon is open to avoid an additional pull in case you don't get the signature card.
2) Getting approved for platinum is not as bad as it seems. Yes it's a pain to get it increased, however you do get the first year with less of an annual fee, and potentially an additional $50 AS credit.
3) The reasons that they give you if you are denied are not necessarily real. I first called and tried to get it increased and they said they couldn't because my card was open less than three months. It has still been open less than three months, but I was approved for the higher CL.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by aza72
Okay, finally got around to calling to get the platinum changed. They increased the CL to $5,000, changed the card. Then called back to read me some more terms and conditions. I then called to customer care to ask about the signup bonus. They said that the request did not go through for the signature card. I got transferred back to the credit analysis dept, and they did the request again, then went back to customer care, and they said the first rep had already put in the request for bonus miles. So now we wait and see.

A few takeaways for others:
1) Always apply when Recon is open to avoid an additional pull in case you don't get the signature card.
2) Getting approved for platinum is not as bad as it seems. Yes it's a pain to get it increased, however you do get the first year with less of an annual fee, and potentially an additional $50 AS credit.
3) The reasons that they give you if you are denied are not necessarily real. I first called and tried to get it increased and they said they couldn't because my card was open less than three months. It has still been open less than three months, but I was approved for the higher CL.
^
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:02 pm

Talking 2 cards now finally approved

Originally Posted by cheapdad00
I was approved for 2 cards a couple of weeks ago (had to call in to get 2nd one approved by stealing line from original auto approved one). Still have not received cards (this was expected given my wife's experience ).

Happened to log into online account this afternoon and it's only showing 1 new account with a credit line of the original amount, so now not sure if the 2nd account was approved). Won't be able to call to confirm until next week to follow up.
An update to my post a couple of weeks ago. I received a snail mail today that confirmed my 2nd signature card had been approved. They only pulled credit on the original application date, but the creation of the 2nd account (or date of the letter) did not happen until 2 weeks later. Both cards are showing in my online BOA account. 50K miles have posted to my MP account.

Now time to go after the checking account bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.