Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Thanks Brewer20 and Brugge! The BofA application is worded a little tricky compared to Citi and Chase. If I put homemaker as job and then list our HHI, where it asks for source of income should I put down "employment" as the source -- since that's where the money is coming from (my husbands job) or do they want to know the source of "my" income which would be "other" (my husband's job) ..
Haven't had to deal with this personally, but it seems the right answer is "other".
Old Jun 13, 2015, 3:38 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Willbur
I wonder how signing up for the 25k Alaska BoA checking account offer, depositing some amount of cash $5-10k and then applying will affect ability to get approved for multiple.
I think if it would have any bearing at all, it would be positive, as now you would have a more complete banking relationship with B of A, and the promo would have done it's job of bringing in more checking account customers to B of A.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:24 pm

Hi all. My first post in FT. I just went for my apporama. I got approved for 2 Alaska Airlines credit card but both of them are Platinum version. How would I upgrade/replace to Signature one? BoA Credit card recon is closed today. Would they approve it tomorrow? I believe they would mail the cards before I talk with them. I was told i can request CLI, but It will end up in another HP. What can I do to get the 25000 bonus?
What would be the best course of action?
Other question I applied through the duplicate booking link with $100 statement credit. Can I get it even though I got the lower version?
I have searched couple of ages, but I couldn't get the right info.
TIA.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Medimonk, Couple of questions. First, what is your credit score? What type of credit limit did they give you? How many BofA cards do you have? As for upgrading to the Signature card, you need to read the last few pages of this thread and it will give you some ideas on your other questions.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by medimonk
Hi all. My first post in FT. I just went for my apporama. I got approved for 2 Alaska Airlines credit card but both of them are Platinum version. How would I upgrade/replace to Signature one? BoA Credit card recon is closed today. Would they approve it tomorrow? I believe they would mail the cards before I talk with them. I was told i can request CLI, but It will end up in another HP. What can I do to get the 25000 bonus?
What would be the best course of action?
Other question I applied through the duplicate booking link with $100 statement credit. Can I get it even though I got the lower version?
I have searched couple of ages, but I couldn't get the right info.
TIA.
All the answers to your questions are already on this thread, POSTED MULTIPLE TIMES - including NOT to do app when the recon office does not open on Weekends and late nights.- you just need to start reading from a couple months back. The answers would not come up in a neat 1-2-3 version nor be searchable.

Your issues have been addressed more than a doz times even with later posts referred to the most detailed posts on what to do. You need to spend your own time to read the thread - that should have been done BEFORE you go on your Apporama. Since you have not done so, to find the remedy and how long / how much trouble it takes to repair it, there is no substitute to go back and read the thread, start from 3 or 4 months ago.

Another solution is just forget about it as suggested by a poster only a page or 2 above your post. Read the argument and see if it makes sense to you.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:08 pm

@ Deant, happy: Thanks for the reply. Easy on me..
TU:745, EX:736, I just have one credit card with BoA. I got both cards with CLI of 3K. I do have checking account with Preferred customer privilege. I did read wiki last about 10 pages and search using couple of key words. I couldn't figure out. After reading your post I got some answers from the page 80. Following is the most useful one I have got. Is this the way to go?

"What I posted a little while ago, (see below) was true last June. And it was true last September. But it doesn't seem to be true anymore. I just did a 2BM app, and was approved for a $3k CL Plat card, and the second app got a "we'll send you a letter in a couple of weeks" response.

So I called the Spanish Recon line that has been recommended here. Since the second app was still "pending", he easily approved a Sig card with a $10K CL.

But he and the next two people I talked to, including a Senior Credit Analyst, said there was no way to turn the already approved Plat into a Sig, nor to redo the app with the less than two hour old HP. All I could do was be transferred to the new app department and reapply. The utterly frustrating and futile results of that are posted above.

After I canceled the second Plat card moments after being approved for it, I did HUCA, this time to the English Recon line. I explained what had just happened to an utterly wonderful CSR. She said she couldn't personally give me the Sig sign up benefits, but she could move $5K from the other just approved card, and turn my Plat card into a Sig card.

Then as for the sign up benefits she could fill out paperwork asking the Customer Care department to give me the benefits I signed up for in the first place. She however can't guarantee that the CC dept will agree to that.

Since the app is still being processed, she has to do that paperwork tomorrow, and then call me back to read me some legalize she's required to tell me when she changes the card from Plat to Sig.

She also gave me the direct # to Customer Care, so I can call and plead my case for getting the bonus. Which will be a very polite statement that if I don't get them, I'm not activating the card, and I'm certainly not paying the AF for it. Which if not readily approved will be followed by politely pointing out this card has an AF, and other banks will give me fee waived card with more point than the AS card. 'Would you rather I took my business to them'?But I don't expect it to get to that, I think they will want me to keep my card. The Senior Credit Analyst I talked with earlier certainly wanted me to keep it.

So the new process is:
Call Recon, and get your CL upped to at least the $5K required for a Sig card.
Ask the Recon CSR to fill out paperwork requesting Customer Care to give you the Sig card benefits you applied for.
After that is complete, a day or so later, call CC and ask them to approve your request."
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:17 pm

Now I realize I shouldn't have applied over the weekend. I read this wiki (only wiki) some time ago before going for appporama. It just didn't strike. Anyway lesson learnt now.
Why shouldn't we add this stuff in the wiki including " not to apply on the weekend" and what to do if we get the platinum one etc.. Its not possible for everyone to go all these pages before applying. Consolidating wiki would be very useful.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:43 pm

Now I realize I shouldn't have applied over the weekend. I read this wiki (only wiki) some time ago before going for appporama. It just didn't strike. Anyway lesson learnt now.
Why shouldn't we add this stuff in the wiki including " not to apply on the weekend" and what to do if we get the platinum one etc.. Its not possible for everyone to go all these pages before applying. Consolidating wiki would be very useful.
Wikis were literally created as a collection of info that is edited by all...what's stopping you from editing it and informing others? Why isn't it possible for people to read stuff or put in effort for a pretty large reward? Didn't others have to at one point as well?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by llamagatekeeper
Wikis were literally created as a collection of info that is edited by all...what's stopping you from editing it and informing others? Why isn't it possible for people to read stuff or put in effort for a pretty large reward? Didn't others have to at one point as well?
Can I edit wiki??!!! even though I'm newbie to FT?? I thought only moderators can edit wiki..
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:02 pm

I just checked it. This is what info in the wiki box "You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts". I can't do it.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

It's always a good idea to read the menu before one complains about the cuisine and tells the chef to change the recipes.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:36 am

I just checked it. This is what info in the wiki box "You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts". I can't do it.
My bad then. But you can take this extra time and catch-up on all the reading you've missed!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:46 pm

READ THIS GUYS! Don't do multiple apps cos they shut down! http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-up-bonus.html

They also have closed down accounts of many who have DONE NOTHING wrong such as for transferring SPG points to their Alaska account!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...brokering.html

Don't over apply!

Don't listen to bloggers cos their interest is the referral commisions!

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Jun 15, 2015 at 11:52 pm
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Brewer20
My wife was approved for two cards listing homemaker as her occupation. Both cards needed a call, but I think the first would have been auto-approved if hadn't fat-fingered her SSN on the application
Just auto-approved as "homemaker"!!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Just auto-approved as "homemaker"!!
congratulation.

a homemaker is still a job even though there is no actual money making.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.