Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
Are u sure calling Recon will result in another hard pull. From what I know application stays active for 1 month and during recon they don't do another hard pull but jus go over all the info and make a call.
AFAIK, the first app stays active for a month, true. But the second app has not been even considered, so they do a new HP for it if you call Recon on a different day. When they product changed my Plat for a Sig, even though I requested that the same day, it took them a couple of days to get that approved by Customer Relations, and they absolutely did a second HP.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by MCIdave
Is anyone else using my strategy one business and one personal per time.

Slow and steady, no?
Yup..working over here as well. Never a denial or reconsideration call.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by MCIdave
Is anyone else using my strategy one business and one personal per time.
Slow and steady, no?
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Yup..working over here as well. Never a denial or reconsideration call.
How often do you each do 1&1? How long do you keep each card open? Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
AFAIK, the first app stays active for a month, true. But the second app has not been even considered, so they do a new HP for it if you call Recon on a different day. When they product changed my Plat for a Sig, even though I requested that the same day, it took them a couple of days to get that approved by Customer Relations, and they absolutely did a second HP.
I got 2 letters today. 1st said application approved and card will be in mail (tas for the 1st approval). Another letter said they are denying my application based on Experian report, too many inquiries n all that. I will still call today and update the thread.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:18 am

Has anyone been denied for too many inquiries and been approved by calling reconsideration? If, recommendations on what to say? Tried calling and got shutdown hard by the rep who sounded pretty disapproving of my 15+ inquiries over the past year.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by asur
Has anyone been denied for too many inquiries and been approved by calling reconsideration? If, recommendations on what to say? Tried calling and got shutdown hard by the rep who sounded pretty disapproving of my 15+ inquiries over the past year.
We have fewer data points for B/A than for Citi and Chase, but with most banks how many is too many varies from person to person. For instance with Citi, some folks have a limit of 6 in 6 months, and others can get approved with as many as 9 or 10. In addition, you gave us the 12 month figure, but not the 6 month figure, nor if all of those are with the same CB. Typically, a bank only takes into account the number of HPs per CB, since there is always the possibility that some of the HPs from multiple CBs are duplicates because some banks pull from 2, or in the case of Cap One, all 3 bureaus for a single app.

Not knowing any of that in your case, nor how strong your credit file and history with B/A are, all I can say is there is no charge, and AFAIK no harm, in calling Recon several times (with the exception of Barclays, which will note in your file that you have already called and get annoyed at you for calling again). So if you can handle the pain of outright rejection, I'd say call Recon at least 3 times, maybe at different times of day to make sure you get different CSRs, and see what happens. However it turns out, it will be helpful if you report your results here. We can all use more data points on B/A...
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:18 am
rev

Originally Posted by asur
Yes, and I can guarantee I have many less inquiries than a lot of FTers and have been given 'a talking to' by them. However, many FTers that have many many HPs still get auto-approved. You never know. We do our best here to post data points to increase the odds of auto-approval, but you still need to be prepared to play the cards your dealt.

I've once been told by a rep she wouldn't approve me because my oldest accounts don't get used enough. My oldest card is a non-rewards CapOne Platinum with a $500 limit. Still can't figure that one out...

Just try to plead your case that you're a responsible borrower, pay bills on time, will put plenty of charges on the card, etc. Move credit if you have the option. Remember, banks WANT to do business with you, so if you were denied, it's because their system thinks you pose a risk for some reason. Give the rep a reason to trust that there is no reason not to approve you. In my case, I never said it directly, but strongly hinted to 'elevate' the case to a senior credit analyst or whatever they called it - the rep put a recommendation to approve note, it went back to pending, and was approved 5 days later.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:14 pm

I had 10+ inq over the past year, got auto-approved for 1 bus and 1 personal today, so it is definitely alive and working.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
I had 10+ inq over the past year, got auto-approved for 1 bus and 1 personal today, so it is definitely alive and working.
Do you have any existing Alaska cards?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:31 pm
rev

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
I'm not sure if you're referring to the conversation a few days ago, but that was about multiple personal card apps. Biz and Pers have always been considered separate products by virtually every bank. Wouldn't be surprised if that changed soon though the ways things are going
Old Jan 18, 2016, 10:00 pm

So I was approved for a personal card 90 days ago and would like to know if i apply for BZ & Personal both the same day will i be approved for both?
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Is there any concensus on when I can apply for a second personal Sig card? I last applied ~Christmas2015. I've previously had 2 of the same card earlier in 2015 (cancelled more than 6 months ago). There doesn't seem to be a 8/65 day rule like Citi...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by chunky649
Is there any concensus on when I can apply for a second personal Sig card? I last applied ~Christmas2015. I've previously had 2 of the same card earlier in 2015 (cancelled more than 6 months ago). There doesn't seem to be a 8/65 day rule like Citi...
1 per 90 days seems to be generally considered a safe bet.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
Originally Posted by aza72
1 per 90 days seems to be generally considered a safe bet.
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately for me, it is a long wait... and I'm currently in a rare period where I'm not working toward meeting a spending limit for a cc signup bonus. I'm not working hard enough... :-)
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:34 pm

Is it safe to apply with 3 open personal Alaska cards? Or should I close them? They've been open for: 1 year, 6 months and 8 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.