Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anubond005
Thanks for ur reply. It's not I didn't want to pay them their $8 back. It was a mistake. Change of address and by mistake my wife used Boa card and all the time I was under the impression tat no one uses the card.
I have very good standing and Score with other banks. I was just asking for suggestions to solve this if possible.
Offer to pay them $24 (should cover the $8 plus back dated interest + a little gravy) if they'll approve you.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:47 am

After my failed recon call, I applied for my wife and she was approved right away with $7k limit. After waiting an hour i applied for another Personal Alaska card and this one was declined. Now confused abt calling recon or not. Any suggestions here? Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
After my failed recon call, I applied for my wife and she was approved right away with $7k limit. After waiting an hour i applied for another Personal Alaska card and this one was declined. Now confused abt calling recon or not. Any suggestions here? Thanks.
It's a toll free number, and if you don't call you are not going to get a card. Why wouldn't you call several times, and see if you can get a CSR who will understand your non-payment was in fact a mistake, and approve you after all? Really nothing to lose, other than a few minutes of your time.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
I don't have a business card with BoA before, and applied for it online but got the pending application notice. I just got a notice in the mail that they need additional information from me like proof of business ownership, complete business physical address, and verification of legal structure of business.

I applied as a sole proprietor, what kind of documents can I provide them? I've just been reselling on the side.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:02 am

I got approved for personal ($8k credit line) and business (small $4k credit line for small sole proprietorship) around the beginning of the year. I plan to follow the once every 3 months plan on personal AA cards because I value the Emirates options greatly. I have a six-figure income and the $8k personal line BoA extended is the smallest that any of the banks have given me - is this typical of BoA or is it dependent on whether you have a pre-existing relationship, etc.?

I'll plan on lowering my CL to $2k before applying for subsequent cards but just wanted to check to see if there's any reason for them offering lower/anything I can do to remedy, since in my mind $8k on my first one is closer to the $5k needed for Signature than I'd like since I plan to churn through these 4x/year if possible.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by rev
1. I believe people are advising at least 3 months is safe, and recommend trying to earn some more AS miles inbetween rather than simply getting the signup bonus and putting in the sock drawer until you cancel (account shut downs CAN happen). Honestly I'd like to see more data points myself how often people are getting approved these days along with their AS app history
2. Because more credit available through a bank generally helps you get approved with higher limits. The goal here is to get the Visa Sig version, which (almost) always starts at $5k. If BofA decides they'll only extend, let's say, $15k of credit to you, and you have an AS card with $12k limit, you're not getting another card instantly approved for the $5k goal; but if you lower that card to $2k first, you probably will. None of this is guaranteed, but it helps more than it hurts.
3. Yes
Cool, thanks. We just passed 4 months so we'll reduce CL then wait week.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 9:46 am

Applied for a few BOA cards last week and was declined due to too many inquiries - not with BOA, just in general on the Experian report. I also got a bit of a lecture for the CSR. The second CSR was a bit more helpful and asked some questions but still, no dice.

My oldest cards are with BOA and I offered to move some credit but nope.

Has anyone had luck with freezing experian (which has by far the most inquiries of the 3 bureaus) and reapplying to BOA?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 5:25 pm

I applied for the Visa Signature with $100 credit on $1k spend + 25k points + companion cert .... but got approved with only a $2k line of credit (i.e. a platinum plus card).

I plan on calling recon on this, but what's the process actually - will they restart my application and cancel my plat plus card? Will I be able to get the $100 credit also? Is there a different recon number to call or the special spanish number is fine?

I currently don't have any BoA personal cards to move credit around from, but otherwise have high income/high fico/many credit cards open recently like any other churner.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by nomii
I applied for the Visa Signature with $100 credit on $1k spend + 25k points + companion cert .... but got approved with only a $2k line of credit (i.e. a platinum plus card).

I plan on calling recon on this, but what's the process actually - will they restart my application and cancel my plat plus card? Will I be able to get the $100 credit also? Is there a different recon number to call or the special spanish number is fine?

I currently don't have any BoA personal cards to move credit around from, but otherwise have high income/high fico/many credit cards open recently like any other churner.
You need to get them to increase the CL to 5K, then get a product change to visa signature, and finally put a request through for the additional bonus. If you do it the same day as the initial app, the pulls will be merged, otherwise it will result in additional HP on your credit file.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
apparently the only way to cancel them (other than snail mail?) at BofA is to call and talk to a human
Card cancelation can be accomplished via Chat.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:09 am

I read that there is no pre-set spending limit on this visa signature card. so what is the practical limit if say my credit line is $20000? What is the rule of thumb? twice as much as the credit line? thanks
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by muji
Tried via chat, they told me I have to call in for this account for some reason.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by muji
When was your last time you cancelled via chat? A month ago they told me to call in.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbbi
I read that there is no pre-set spending limit on this visa signature card. so what is the practical limit if say my credit line is $20000? What is the rule of thumb? twice as much as the credit line? thanks
Huh? Cards that I have with no pre-set spending limit don't show the credit line at all. I don't see a difference between spending limit and overall credit limit. If the card has a fixed overall credit limit, I don't see how it can have no pre-set spending limit.

Where did you read this?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: HHonors DIamond
How long after canceling cards do you recommend waiting before reapplying? I have had both biz and personal for 11 months. Can I cancel then reapply immediately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.