Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by mizzou1
Is there any recent report of a successful product change from an Alaska cc to any other BOA card?

BOA does not let me convert an Alaska Platinum card to a BOA 1-2-3 or a a Travel Rewards card. All they say is that the account is not eligible for a product change (it has been open for 13 months). I did HUCA and got the same response.
I had a recent product change, but not from the Alaska card. You need to keep calling until you get a rep who knows how to open a ticket/case to get your card converted manually when their system tells them your card is not eligible.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
So I had a very interesting experience the other day. Currently have both a personal and business alaska that i applied for in april. applied for a 2nd of each, along with an MLB personal card, under the impression that the previous rules about credit pulls applied. I currently have my EX frozen, so it auto denies me for all personals due to them only pulling EX here. So, I call in, and ask them to pull my TU for the personal app. They do, and I'm approved for 5K limit. Then I ask them to use this pull for my other app. They tell me they are no longer allowed to do that under new rules. If I had let them auto pull my EX, it would have been possible, but since they had to pull it manually, the review of the 2nd personal app would require a new pull. I've tried twice now with no luck. Thought I'd pass this along to you guys in case you've got frozen reports.

got approved for the 2nd biz as well.
So they told you to call back tomorrow to pull for your 2nd personal app?

I am a bit confused because merging happens at the credit bureau's side. BoA does not have any say in the merger.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:00 pm

So, I call in, and ask them to pull my TU for the personal app. They do, and I'm approved for 5K limit. Then I ask them to use this pull for my other app. They tell me they are no longer allowed to do that under new rules.
how about asking them to pull equifax.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:17 am

So, I call in, and ask them to pull my TU for the personal app. They do, and I'm approved for 5K limit. Then I ask them to use this pull for my other app. They tell me they are no longer allowed to do that under new rules. If I had let them auto pull my EX, it would have been possible, but since they had to pull it manually, the review of the 2nd personal app would require a new pull. I've tried twice now with no luck. Thought I'd pass this along to you guys in case you've got frozen reports.
Assuming all pulls are the same day, they don't need to use the first pull for the second app. All they need to do is pull TU again, and the HPs will merge on their own. Since asking them to pull TU for the first app worked, did you ask them to pull TU for the second app? It sounds like you just asked them not to do 2 pulls. But if they pull the same CB both times the second pull doesn't matter at all.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Assuming all pulls are the same day, they don't need to use the first pull for the second app. All they need to do is pull TU again, and the HPs will merge on their own. Since asking them to pull TU for the first app worked, did you ask them to pull TU for the second app? It sounds like you just asked them not to do 2 pulls. But if they pull the same CB both times the second pull doesn't matter at all.
No, I didn't ask them to pull for the 2nd app because I didn't want to take the risk that it wouldn't merge and then go through that hassle. During my last app spree in April, they were just able to look into the first app and not have to bother pulling a 2nd time. That's the data point I was passing along.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ninim2200
how about asking them to pull equifax.
Oh I could have but didn't want to.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Still no bonus and I met spend about 2 weeks ago.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
There was an isolated report that TU does not combine same-day pulls anymore.

However the original data point has some encouraging news about BoA willing to approve two Alaska personal cards on the same day.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Applied for Alaska Biz but I don't see the status listed on the Bank of America credit card application status page. But I see all my other apps for other products. Odd.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by pacolovestacos
Applied for Alaska Biz but I don't see the status listed on the Bank of America credit card application status page. But I see all my other apps for other products. Odd.
It's different.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hiima
It's different.
Okay so where can I find status?
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by pacolovestacos
Okay so where can I find status?
I don't know about business.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:05 pm

Couple of DPs. Froze my Experian file and applied today for AS business card using link in wiki as a sole proprietor, went to pending. Called up the recon line and rep said it had already been approved and I'd receive within 8-10 days.

Applied for a second business card right after, same business/name/TID, also went to pending. Called up recon line, rep said it had been flagged as a duplicate but would be happy to reactivate the app - he read me a disclosure about my credit being pulled again (hopefully they will merge but I wouldn't mind 2 TU pulls that much either way). Asked me a few questions about the business, I explained I wanted a second card to put different types of expenses on etc., and he was fine with that. After some basic questions he put me on hold for maybe 8-10 minutes then came back and said I was approved, at the same credit limit as first card.

Would have gone for a personal card as well but I'm trying to get under 5/24 for Chase. 60k AS miles for 1-2 TU pulls and $150 in fees is still a deal I'll take any day

I've never had any AS cards before, but do have a crappy no fee card with BofA that I got in college 13 years ago.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by hiima
Still no bonus and I met spend about 2 weeks ago.
My business card statement posted today with the 30K bonus miles showing on the statement.
Old Aug 9, 2016, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
My business card statement posted today with the 30K bonus miles showing on the statement.
No biz cards, just personals here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.