Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
Please do call, probably tomorrow rather than Sunday, and find out what's going on. I had thought that a Bus card could be issued as either a Plat or a Sig, but the other day sdsearch asserted it could only be issued as a Sig. I've never known sdsearch to be wrong, but I suppose there could always be a first time.
Please read more carefully. The OP here is not talking about a $1000 Cl. The OP is talking about having singed up for the business 30k offer with $1k spend required, but BoF telling him he signed up for the business 25k offer with no spend required. I't' not a Sig vs Plat issue, it's a new offer vs old offer issue.

Recall that the personal card was the first one to get a 30k with $1k spend requirement offer first, and the business card offer with those terms only appeared later.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Please read more carefully. The OP here is not talking about a $1000 Cl. The OP is talking about having singed up for the business 30k offer with $1k spend required, but BoF telling him he signed up for the business 25k offer with no spend required. I't' not a Sig vs Plat issue, it's a new offer vs old offer issue.

Recall that the personal card was the first one to get a 30k with $1k spend requirement offer first, and the business card offer with those terms only appeared later.
In this case I would just let it go. Not worth the aggravation to deal with BofA for just 5K extra miles if the biz card does not have the $100 statement credit.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Please read more carefully.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Looking to rebuild my Alaska stash. As of early last month I had 3 AS cards (2 personal, 1 biz). I closed 1 personal and 1 biz last month, so still have 1 active. Not a ton of open CL with BoA, about $11k across 3 cards, 1 AS card and 2 other BoA cards. Anybody have thoughts on my chances of auto approval?
Old Jul 11, 2016, 12:24 am

Does anyone know how BoA handles multiple businesses for the business card? I have a couple of different businesses with pretty high revenues. Could I apply for personal, business A, and business B every 90 days?
Old Jul 12, 2016, 7:21 am

Hit my $1000 spend on 6/26 and I still don't have the 30k miles in my AS account, nor has the $100 statement credit hit. I remember the credit taking longer on my previous card, but I don't recall bonus miles taking this long to post. Has anyone else experienced this? My MP account shows activity on the day the card was opened, but is displaying 0 miles.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
For anyone who received the recent promo by (targeted?) email on their BoA AS CC of "spend $250, get a $50 credit on your next AS flight," this will post 2-3 cycles after the close of the promotion period says the CSR I spoke with yesterday.

The BoA CSR originally could not find the promo, then said it was a me/AS discussion and did not involve BoA, then eventually transferred me to a supervisor who confirmed the promo was active on my account...I have a feeling I'll be chasing this down again in 2 months.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by bmrisko
Hit my $1000 spend on 6/26 and I still don't have the 30k miles in my AS account, nor has the $100 statement credit hit. I remember the credit taking longer on my previous card, but I don't recall bonus miles taking this long to post. Has anyone else experienced this? My MP account shows activity on the day the card was opened, but is displaying 0 miles.
The bonus on your previous card was associated with account approval/opening as opposed to a spending requirement so it seems logical that you would've received it quicker. Did you actually spend at least $1000 not including the $75 annual fee? Has your statement closed yet for the period in which the $1000 spending requirement was reached?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:00 am

Anyone has any data as to the income threshold BOA consider worthy of a signature card? My daughter who just started working a few months ago is interested in applying. Credit score decent around 760.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
The bonus on your previous card was associated with account approval/opening as opposed to a spending requirement so it seems logical that you would've received it quicker. Did you actually spend at least $1000 not including the $75 annual fee? Has your statement closed yet for the period in which the $1000 spending requirement was reached?
My $100 credit just posted. I completed my $1K spend a week ago, and my statement for that won't post for 2 more weeks.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by RobertHanson
My $100 credit just posted. I completed my $1K spend a week ago, and my statement for that won't post for 2 more weeks.
So your $100 credit posted. I wonder if you'll have to wait for the statement to cut for the 30K bonus points to post.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
So your $100 credit posted. I wonder if you'll have to wait for the statement to cut for the 30K bonus points to post.
Edit: Just checked, and the 505 spend points from last month's statement have posted. The spend points from this month have not yet posted, of course.

And so far the bonus points have not posted yet. I'll update when they do post.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Anybody have thoughts on my question above, re auto approval?

Also is there a published end date for the 30k offer? I didn't see one on the application
Old Jul 13, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Also is there a published end date for the 30k offer? I didn't see one on the application
There is no end date for the offer. I'd imagine it'll continue pretty much indefinitely.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by muji
There is no end date for the offer. I'd imagine it'll continue pretty much indefinitely.
Yeah, AFAIK this is not a "limited time offer", this is the new regular offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.