Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by frudd38
35k offer somewhere?
Originally Posted by muji
No, just 30k.
I actually did get a targeted 35k offer by mail. It specifies "Bonus Offer: up to 30,000 Miles" + "Bank of America Bonus: 5,000 Miles" after $1,000 spend within first 90 days. It doesn't look like there's any statement credit, but all other benefits appear the same.

Unfortunately for me, I just applied for the 30k offer online a few weeks ago and the mailer showed up sometime last week. I've tried to get BofA to match the offer, but of course no luck. They've told me several times I need to apply for a new card, but since I've only just applied for one less than a month ago I don't think I will just yet.

I may wait until close to the expiration date of the offer and then try my luck again. Anyone know if targeted mailers through BofA/Alaska actually expire on the date specified? Or do they remain available for a few weeks after (for example, Citi targeted offers remain good for up to 8 weeks after expiration for personal cards)?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by Superorb
Check statements to see if they awarded you the 30k points already.
I've checked....nothing new there.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: HH, IHG
[QUOTE=Happy;26826274]Once the bank system catches it, it may abruptly closes all the credit lines extended. More likely happens with Chase cards, to certain extent Citi is going into the similar mode. No idea how BofA would react once its risk assessment system finally catches it. Given the MLB card has no AF, it may be under review sooner than the AS cards which BofA shares the cost/profit with AS and the losses suffered by the bank is much less than the MLB which is pure $200 handing out.

Not too familiar with BOA or the MLB card (I only have AS) but I saw this on Reddit. May want to give it a read... https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...t_5_mlb_cards/
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:35 am

I applied today for the AS BOA 30,000 +100 credit deal. came back pending. I called recon and was approved for only $1,000 CL. Bummer. have two Sig personal cards and one Biz sig from last year. a few weeks ago reduced CL on the two personals to $3,000. The Biz still has $16,000. What is best strategy? Should I apply again today so as to combine hard pulls and take chance I could be in same situation with another Plat card or outright denial or call and try to get $2,000 credit from the existing two personal cards transferred to the newly approved Plat to be upgraded to Sig (from what Ive read doesn't seem possible) or hope to be upgraded in two months. Unsure of what to do. Help please
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Gooselator714
I applied today for the AS BOA 30,000 +100 credit deal. came back pending. I called recon and was approved for only $1,000 CL. Bummer. have two Sig personal cards and one Biz sig from last year. a few weeks ago reduced CL on the two personals to $3,000. The Biz still has $16,000. What is best strategy? Should I apply again today so as to combine hard pulls and take chance I could be in same situation with another Plat card or outright denial or call and try to get $2,000 credit from the existing two personal cards transferred to the newly approved Plat to be upgraded to Sig (from what Ive read doesn't seem possible) or hope to be upgraded in two months. Unsure of what to do. Help please
Does the Plat card have different points bonus?
Otherwise if its still gets you the same points, why do you care if its only 1k?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:09 am

different bonus
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
different bonus
Oh ok that makes sense then to go for another one.

Just out of curiousity , did they tell you that you would be getting a different bonus? You applied for the regular and they just bumped you to the platinum one then?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by aza72
Should be fine if you actually got the sig card, may even get the $50 coupon and lower annual fee the first year in addition to the miles and companion pass. Look back in the thread, this process was well documented by Brugge
Thanks, Brugge's posting history was very helpful.

Looks like I'm in the same boat he was last year. Quoted 6-8wk for the "upgrade" process to go through. Not much paperwork on my end -- just one phone call with a very nice CSR -- but it does seem to be an operational challenge on theirs. Plat goes in the sock drawer for now.

Unfortunately the $50 AF will come & go (beyond the cancel deadline, even) before I know for certain. But if the upgrade succeeds, I will come out ahead, paying a lower AF + getting the bonus + statement credit, with the proper $75 AF not due until next summer. Oh well, such YMMV's are the price we pay as churners!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I applied today for the AS BOA 30,000 +100 credit deal. came back pending. I called recon and was approved for only $1,000 CL.
I'm confused; did you find out on recon that you had already been approved for $1000 CL, or were you approved only after you started talking to them? If the latter:

The whole point of trying to get approved at recon is to either get a Sig or nothing at all! If you're willing to get approved for only $1000, you might as well have not called, it wouldn't have turned out any differently.

All those things you are asking now (like trying to transfer credit), you should have asked them the moment they said "I can only approve your for $1000". Now it's too late (for anything less than the two month wait).

Oh, and the new peril of the two-month wait: Supposedly, you have to wait those two months or so, ie for your Sig card, before the spend will start counting, and then you only have 3 months from your original approval date (and thus just a few weeks net) before you have to complete the spend! :eeK:
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:24 pm

No, I went pending on application online. CSR said he would work on getting approved. When he came back he then said I was only approved for $1,000 which as I understand it is automatically a Platinum. Unfortunately I was unprepared for this response which is why I did not ask to move other CL around. I thought if I turned down the offer I would have wasted a Credit pull. Why not just apply again today to see if I get approved for another personal. It won't cost me a hard pull if done is same day, I thought. His response caught me off guard as I have not be turned down or modified in over 35 application for other bank's cards in the last three years. I even applied for new Amex Biz Gold a few minutes later and was approve for $20,000 Credit line. FICO 814. not that much experience with BOA I apologize in advance for seeming inept. Please don't toast me too badly

Ok, Just submitted application again which went pending. Called CSR said just a duplicate of last one. asked if I wanted to apply to extend credit line on existing plat card just issued. New credit pull. I say yes. he comes back and said I am approved for $5,000 on Plat will receive in 6 to 7 days, then in 3-4 weeks I will receive a Sig card with same credit line, different #. destroy old Plat card. So it took two hard pulls to get Sig card. BOA a different animal

Last edited by Gooselator714; Jun 30, 2016 at 4:31 pm Reason: new info
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it took two hard pulls to get Sig card.
Maybe, maybe not. Yes, perhaps BofA did two hard pulls, but a credit bureau often merges two pulls from the same bank on the same day, because (with the minimal information that comes across in a hard pull report) it cannot easily rule out the possibility that they may be accidental duplicates (and it wants to avoid the chance of counting a duplicate as a second pull).

So you may end up with only one hard pull, since as I understand it both pulls were on the same day.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 7:52 pm

delete

Last edited by ninim2200; Jun 30, 2016 at 7:55 pm Reason: same remark mentioned above
Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
BoA playing games again

This time is with my wife account. I read this thread and in anticipating to apply for a new AS card, I lowered her CL of her existing AS card from $18K to $3k a month ago. Today I applied the card for her and get the dreadful $3.5k CL. I immediately reapplied for another one which went to pending. I called the reconsideration line and the guys was not about to approve the 2nd pending one due to "insufficient credit line and banking relationship with BoA"
...!! We has BoA cards for 9 years.
However, he was able to move the CL from another card and make the first application to a $6k CL and request to upgrade to a Visa Sig. Here goes another 2 months of waiting
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:05 am

Wife met $1k spend, statement from June 27th shows 31k points sent to her AS account, but AS account still does not show points. How long does it normally take for them to show up in the AS account?
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:16 am

AS miles usually show up on Sundays (sometimes morning, sometimes evening) following statement closure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.