Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by ralphs
Did you consider applying for a second AS business card for your second business?
No. I tried for the second personal instead because it has the statement credit. Maybe I should have after being declined on the second personal. I guess I still could try it now (still the same day). But after all the personal cards? Hmm...
--Kyle
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:02 pm

I applied without the $100 statement credit, I noticed it after I have already been approved. There were so many links out there, I didn't double check. Can I get BOA to apply the $100 statement credit to my account?
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:37 pm

Did you consider applying for a second AS business card for your second business?
Well thanks, now I have $1k more of spending to do, LOL! Updating my previous post:

Here's my data point (note, no prior history with Bank of America):
  1. Today I froze my Experian for the first time.
  2. Then I applied for the Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and they asked for the PIN for Experian. I asked if they could pull another report? They asked which one. I said Transunion. They approved me for $18k.
  3. Then I applied for the Alaska Airlines Business. Auto approved for $8.5k!
  4. Then I applied for a SECOND Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and said it wasn't a duplicate entry (I actually do have two businesses). They reconsidered it, but did not approve.
  5. Then I applied for the MLB Cash Rewards card (with $200 bonus on $500 spend) and was instantly approved for $10k.
  6. And just to make the most of the hard pull, I applied for a SECOND MLB Cash Rewards card (different team) and was auto-approved for $10k.
  7. And since ralphs suggested it, I applied for a SECOND Alaska Airlines Business card (I do have two businesses). Went pending, called recon, and approved for $12.5k (higher presumably because greater annual income with this business). She didn't really ask any questions.

FIVE cards from BoA in one day and 5/6 on attempts with them. 2 personal would have been nice (with the statement credit), but NBD...
--Kyle

Last edited by kyleay; Jun 23, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by lw7878
Sorry if this was answered before.... What does eleventy-seven mean?
Obviously it's 117 :P
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by kyamnitz
Well thanks, now I have $1k more of spending to do, LOL! Updating my previous post:

Here's my data point (note, no prior history with Bank of America):
  1. Today I froze my Experian for the first time.
  2. Then I applied for the Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and they asked for the PIN for Experian. I asked if they could pull another report? They asked which one. I said Transunion. They approved me for $18k.
  3. Then I applied for the Alaska Airlines Business. Auto approved for $8.5k!
  4. Then I applied for a SECOND Alaska Airlines Personal. Called in and said it wasn't a duplicate entry (I actually do have two businesses). They reconsidered it, but did not approve.
  5. Then I applied for the MLB Cash Rewards card (with $200 bonus on $500 spend) and was instantly approved for $10k.
  6. And just to make the most of the hard pull, I applied for a SECOND MLB Cash Rewards card (different team) and was auto-approved for $10k.
  7. And since ralphs suggested it, I applied for a SECOND Alaska Airlines Business card (I do have two businesses). Went pending, called recon, and approved for $12.5k (higher presumably because greater annual income with this business). She didn't really ask any questions.

FIVE cards from BoA in one day and 5/6 on attempts with them. 2 personal would have been nice (with the statement credit), but NBD...
--Kyle
This is a pretty insane amount of credit to extend to someone on one day. I'm happy for you on a microeconomic level but I worry about the amount of credit being distributed throughout the entire economy..
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:09 am

That is MMS level insanity.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Obviously it's 117 :P
^
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a pretty insane amount of credit to extend to someone on one day. I'm happy for you on a microeconomic level but I worry about the amount of credit being distributed throughout the entire economy..
Once the bank system catches it, it may abruptly closes all the credit lines extended. More likely happens with Chase cards, to certain extent Citi is going into the similar mode. No idea how BofA would react once its risk assessment system finally catches it. Given the MLB card has no AF, it may be under review sooner than the AS cards which BofA shares the cost/profit with AS and the losses suffered by the bank is much less than the MLB which is pure $200 handing out.

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
That is MMS level insanity.
And potentially led to BofA shuts down the multiple card approvals door once again like what happened after MMS insanity.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:52 pm

Here is my Datapoint - a tad late but I just called the BOA CSR.

Applied for 2 $25K/$100 back cards nearly simultaneously on May 27 after-hours - yes, I know doubly bad idea now. One was auto-approved for $21K, the other was not. I was just going to wait it out to avoid another HP but was getting calls from BOA so I called back on 6/3. Person was from the fraud department so it was probably suspicious to have double applications, he didn't really care and approved it. Appears so far they didn't do a separate HP.

Decided today since I have both cards in hand and was going to activate them to call and see if they would match the 30K offer. CSR immediately saw that I had two cards, said there was no way the 5/27 one could be matched (they were being very strict on that), but put me on hold for several minutes for the 2nd since it showed as 6/3 instead of 5/27. She got back to me and said one has to apply via the link, it cannot be changed retroactively, but she did give me $25 credit to offset the purchase of 5000 more miles - so I appreciate the gesture (though I don't plan to do that).
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:42 am

Alaska Air Bus Card

I applied for this card about a week ago (pending status) and I received a voice mail message this morning from B of A small business. On my application I stated that this was a brand new business, sole proprietorship with no revenue. Should I call B of A or hope that my application will be approved without calling. I got a personal Alaska Air cc several weeks ago. an My fico score is 830.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: SQ, QR, CX, AA, UA
Originally Posted by haterus
Should I call B of A or hope that my application will be approved without calling.
I'd call. We had a similar situation last week with my loving wife's app for another personal BoA and it turned out to just be fraud prevention. They confirmed her identity and approved the card, with no financial questions asked. Given that your call came from BoA Small Biz dept, it might also be that they're trying to sell you some banking services. Just be prepared with all the answers as to why you need the card and why credit it justified for a biz with no revenue. ("Zuckerberg paid $1 billion for Instagram when it had zero revenue...")
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:13 am

I hear you. I'm in a strong financial situation, but if any Joe is able to do this, that would be a bit concerning...

I had only planned to apply for one personal and biz Alaska card, and one MLB. Couldn't find my main team, so applied for a different one, then found my team. :-/ Definitely didn't need both, but I didn't think they'd be able to switch teams for me...
--Kyle
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Happy
And potentially led to BofA shuts down the multiple card approvals door once again like what happened after MMS insanity.
Agreed. Not "if" but "when" with stuff like this happening.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 10:46 am

I applied for BoFA Alaska credit card a month ago and received it with 10k credit limit. I met min spend and waiting for bonus miles.
I received a targeted mail with a personal code for the same card yesterday. So, I applied today and got it approved for 12k credit limit. Since BoFA combines pulls, can I apply for another BoFA Alaska card today? Should I lower CL before applying?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by Sdinesh21
I applied for BoFA Alaska credit card a month ago and received it with 10k credit limit. I met min spend and waiting for bonus miles.
I received a targeted mail with a personal code for the same card yesterday. So, I applied today and got it approved for 12k credit limit. Since BoFA combines pulls, can I apply for another BoFA Alaska card today? Should I lower CL before applying?
What do you mean "waiting for bonus miles"? The sign-up bonus is given on approval, people often see it in their AS account before even receiving the physical credit card in the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.