Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
it seems like 3 boa as personal cards are the 'max' one can have these days

how low should you lower the CL to? i presume you cant lower it to less than $5K bc $5K is the CL associated with the lessor card (platinum card)?

is it better to cancel some of my cards before applying, or leave them open?
IDK, but from what I've read, the consensus seems to be to have no more than 2 cards open when applying for another.

You can lower the CL to as low as $1K, but I usually just lower it to $3K. And do that as soon as you've met the min spnd unless you have plans to spend a lot on the card, so that the CL gets returned to your account for your next app.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
IDK, but from what I've read, the consensus seems to be to have no more than 2 cards open when applying for another.

You can lower the CL to as low as $1K, but I usually just lower it to $3K. And do that as soon as you've met the min spnd unless you have plans to spend a lot on the card, so that the CL gets returned to your account for your next app.
ok. got it. thanks. was planning to wait till the 30K points post to my AS mileage account but i guess it's not consequential to do it earlier (at this point, i have already met the $1K minimum spend)
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:49 pm

I had 3 existing BOA accounts open (including one personal AS card that was opened a few months ago) and decided to apply for another personal AS card and 2 MLB cards (with $200 bonus). Approved for all 3 with only one inquiry. Didn't want to push my luck by going for more
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:10 pm

I applied for 2 personal Alaska and 1 business Alaska cards on 6/1/16.
Instantly approved for 1 and approved for the other 2 after recon. Each has 10000+ credit line.
I have made $1000 purchase from Simon Mall for the 2 personals (shortly after receiving the card) and a small purchase on the Business.
However I only received 25000 miles from the business card but no miles from either of the personal card. The $100 credits have posted for both personal card.
Anyone has similar experience?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:50 am

Talking

Originally Posted by rjs11
I had 3 existing BOA accounts open (including one personal AS card that was opened a few months ago) and decided to apply for another personal AS card and 2 MLB cards (with $200 bonus). Approved for all 3 with only one inquiry. Didn't want to push my luck by going for more
Something similar. I have two BBR cards opened last year. Got approved for 2 MLB cards with $7k CL each then went for Alaska, ended up with $2.9k. Somehow was able to call BOA and got it approved after moving some credit line around. 3 cards for one HP, pretty slick.

Hope I dont have to followup on that upgrade status and get 30k initially itself.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by aiurforever
I applied for 2 personal Alaska and 1 business Alaska cards on 6/1/16.
Instantly approved for 1 and approved for the other 2 after recon. Each has 10000+ credit line.
I have made $1000 purchase from Simon Mall for the 2 personals (shortly after receiving the card) and a small purchase on the Business.
However I only received 25000 miles from the business card but no miles from either of the personal card. The $100 credits have posted for both personal card.
Anyone has similar experience?
I still haven't received my bonus and companion ticket and statement credit. But I met my spend about 1 week and half ago. How long is it taking for people to get their bonus?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dealsphotog
Something similar. I have two BBR cards opened last year. Got approved for 2 MLB cards with $7k CL each then went for Alaska, ended up with $2.9k. Somehow was able to call BOA and got it approved after moving some credit line around. 3 cards for one HP, pretty slick.

Hope I dont have to followup on that upgrade status and get 30k initially itself.
Well, were you approved for an Alaska Platinum card or an Alaska Signature card? That's what determines whether you have to wait 2ish months (to get upgraded to Signature). It's a Signature card which is what's required for the 30k.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
I still haven't received my bonus and companion ticket and statement credit. But I met my spend about 1 week and half ago. How long is it taking for people to get their bonus?
When is/was your statement close date?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:12 pm

Product change?

Is there any recent report of a successful product change from an Alaska cc to any other BOA card?

BOA does not let me convert an Alaska Platinum card to a BOA 1-2-3 or a a Travel Rewards card. All they say is that the account is not eligible for a product change (it has been open for 13 months). I did HUCA and got the same response.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
When is/was your statement close date?
Statement closes in about a week :P.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:54 am

Statement closes in about a week :P.
i would wait for the statement to close and see what happens.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:25 am
Suspended

So I had a very interesting experience the other day. Currently have both a personal and business alaska that i applied for in april. applied for a 2nd of each, along with an MLB personal card, under the impression that the previous rules about credit pulls applied. I currently have my EX frozen, so it auto denies me for all personals due to them only pulling EX here. So, I call in, and ask them to pull my TU for the personal app. They do, and I'm approved for 5K limit. Then I ask them to use this pull for my other app. They tell me they are no longer allowed to do that under new rules. If I had let them auto pull my EX, it would have been possible, but since they had to pull it manually, the review of the 2nd personal app would require a new pull. I've tried twice now with no luck. Thought I'd pass this along to you guys in case you've got frozen reports.

got approved for the 2nd biz as well.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
So I had a very interesting experience the other day. Currently have both a personal and business alaska that i applied for in april. applied for a 2nd of each, along with an MLB personal card, under the impression that the previous rules about credit pulls applied. I currently have my EX frozen, so it auto denies me for all personals due to them only pulling EX here. So, I call in, and ask them to pull my TU for the personal app. They do, and I'm approved for 5K limit. Then I ask them to use this pull for my other app. They tell me they are no longer allowed to do that under new rules. If I had let them auto pull my EX, it would have been possible, but since they had to pull it manually, the review of the 2nd personal app would require a new pull. I've tried twice now with no luck. Thought I'd pass this along to you guys in case you've got frozen reports.

got approved for the 2nd biz as well.
1. Hardly anyone but Barclay uses TU automatically, so why the big concern about extra pulls if it's on TU?

2. Pulls that TU cannot tell apart (to be sure they're not duplicated), like two personal cards from the same bank on the same day, maybe be merged into one pull at the TU end, even if the bank itself issues them as two pulls. So why worry about whether the bank can use the same pull, if both apps are being handled on the same day?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
i would wait for the statement to close and see what happens.
Well I expect it to post shortly after statement closing. I'm just do used to the old 25k posting at account approval.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Well I expect it to post shortly after statement closing. I'm just do used to the old 25k posting at account approval.
Yeah the $100 statement credit also used to post as soon as you crossed the $1000 threshold, but not now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.