Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by fyugioh
What is this $50 coupon?
Rather than the companion pass, the platinum comes with a $50 voucher to use on an AS flight.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:40 pm

anyone apply for the Visa Sig using the $100 SC link, got approved for only a Plat+, but then spent $1k anyways and have the $100 SC post?

I'm not gonna bother w/upgrading to VS and hope the bonus comes thru in a cpl months. however before I cancel the Plat+, would like to go for the SC if I can.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by HouFly
anyone apply for the Visa Sig using the $100 SC link, got approved for only a Plat+, but then spent $1k anyways and have the $100 SC post?

I'm not gonna bother w/upgrading to VS and hope the bonus comes thru in a cpl months. however before I cancel the Plat+, would like to go for the SC if I can.
I got Plat+ and they sent me a letter about a week after getting the card detailing the $100 SC so presumably when I make the spend it will post.

Why not bother upgrading to VS? Not interested in the 20K miles?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
When will the business card post the miles? I already made the first purchase however it's not posting after another week. Do I need to wait for the statement day?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by aza72
I got Plat+ and they sent me a letter about a week after getting the card detailing the $100 SC so presumably when I make the spend it will post.

I did this about a year ago and got the SC
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:49 pm
CDO
Suspended

how do you upgrade? and does it involved another hp?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:52 am

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by CDO
In my experience, it can take 1 - 2 mos to receive the Sig card, after requesting it to upgrade from Plat. First, the upgrade wastes ANOTHER inquiry. Second, by the time you get the Sig, you are nearly ready to begin another 3 mo cycle churn for 2 new Sig applications, so why waste an inquiry on one upgrade, when you can apply for TWO Sig cards one month after getting the upgraded Sig, and only use ONE inquiry? I close my old Alaska cards 7 - 30 days before applying again to make sure all credit freed up for max results with new appls.

AND yes, in my last round of Alaska apps last week (4BM), one app was instant approval.

Then I called in 10 mins after submission; first rep with a rough "New England accent" noted there is a one app still pending ... and gave me the "max of 2 cards per 90 days" story; so I just have to WAIT til that one was approved; so I hung up and called back ... next rep said a third appl was considered a duplicate, and would I like it "re-opened and approved?" Sure!

So, two apps approved first day (first - instant, second - via recon) and third app (still pending on app day) approved automatically, or via manual review 4 days later ?

BUT here is the weird part: first card: 17K CL inst approval; second and third cards: 5 K CL each, NOT split off from first card.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bottom line: be content with 2 approvals for Sig on day one of apps, and if you get more than that, it is luck!
If you get a Plat, just stay with it and wait 3 mos for next round of apps.

Spend $1K fast, get stmt credit; wait 3 mos, close all accts, staggered, no more than one per day. Wait at least 7 days, logging into online acct to ensure old accts not showing, then re-apply!

Last edited by fletchbo; Jun 11, 2015 at 7:15 am Reason: new info
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:17 am

Well it seems like in the last few days one or two posters were denied multiple apps. Anyone have recent success?

*edit*

Fletchbo's post (right above mine) seems to be on-point.

Last edited by trouble747; Jun 11, 2015 at 8:18 am
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by CDO
Yes, unless you do it the same day. Go back in this thread to about mid January and read everything that Brugge has written. You'll find all you want and more.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamon, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by fletchbo
Spend $1K fast, get stmt credit; wait 3 mos, close all accts, staggered, no more than one per day. Wait at least 7 days, logging into online acct to ensure old accts not showing, then re-apply!
Why 3 months?
Are you saying we shouldn't cancel more than 1 card per day? Any reasons behind that?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:53 pm

2 cards approved still in question

I was approved for 2 cards a couple of weeks ago (had to call in to get 2nd one approved by stealing line from original auto approved one). Still have not received cards (this was expected given my wife's experience ).

Happened to log into online account this afternoon and it's only showing 1 new account with a credit line of the original amount, so now not sure if the 2nd account was approved). Won't be able to call to confirm until next week to follow up.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by johnnie198x
Why 3 months?
Are you saying we shouldn't cancel more than 1 card per day? Any reasons behind that?
3 months is to follow one application per 90 days rule.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Is there a way to add an authorized user without having an additional card for that AU automatically mailed out?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by MVF Trekker
Is there a way to add an authorized user without having an additional card for that AU automatically mailed out?
Citi does that, not sure about BOA. You are better call them. But what's the benefit of doing that?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:35 pm

yeah I get the damn letters too lol with all these plat+ :/

like fletchbo and others have said. why waste another INQ, when you're already ready to app for more soon enough by the time this process completes.

Originally Posted by ninroot
I did this about a year ago and got the SC
are you sure it was a plat+ which you put the spend on?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.