Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
You've got it backwards. Plat is the bad card, Sig is the good card. So if you were upgraded, you were upgraded to Sig, not plat.
Correct. Sorry for the confusion.

Looking to get another Signature card. I went through all the trouble of upgrading the last one to Signature and was looking for advice as to the best odds of getting another Signature card (close this one and apply again, keep this one open, etc.)

Any help is appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by GunneRy
Correct. Sorry for the confusion.

Looking to get another Signature card. I went through all the trouble of upgrading the last one to Signature and was looking for advice as to the best odds of getting another Signature card (close this one and apply again, keep this one open, etc.)
AFAIK, there aren't any strong data points on this. If I'm wrong I'd love to find out.

I think some people close it first, and some people keep the first one open when applying for a second.

I would recommend at least lowering your CL to around $2K if you keep the first one open before applying for another.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:56 am

So is the strategy still 1 biz + 1 personal every 90 days (or maybe even more) still effective?

Anyhow, if the above still applies, do i close out my 1 personal + 1 biz before proceeding or do I hold on to them? At what point have you closed them?

Side topic: I hate how some people really pressed it to more than this and killed a perfect 200k mile golden goose per year from what I've read.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by MCIdave
So is the strategy still 1 biz + 1 personal every 90 days (or maybe even more) still effective?

Anyhow, if the above still applies, do i close out my 1 personal + 1 biz before proceeding or do I hold on to them? At what point have you closed them?

Side topic: I hate how some people really pressed it to more than this and killed a perfect 200k mile golden goose per year from what I've read.

spend a little more time reading and you will get various answers throughout this thread...ultimately up to you
Old Dec 13, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
Ouch! Got approved for my first BOA Alaska Air cc but got TWO hard pulls from them instead of just one. It's great to be able to get multiple cards from them eventually, but maybe not at the cost of 2 hard pulls for each one! Here's what Credit Karma shows:

Account Type Date Opened Balance Reported By
BANK OF AMERICA Credit Card Nov 22, 2015 $75 Equifax
BK OF AMER Credit Card Nov 22, 2015 $75 TransUnion

Is this common with Bank of America?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by dmat
Ouch! Got approved for my first BOA Alaska Air cc but got TWO hard pulls from them instead of just one. It's great to be able to get multiple cards from them eventually, but maybe not at the cost of 2 hard pulls for each one! Here's what Credit Karma shows:

If you freeze Equifax or TransUnion they will just pull the other one.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by aza72
If you freeze Equifax or TransUnion they will just pull the other one.
Wow, you can do that?
Old Dec 13, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, when I sat down to look at my Experian report ordered 2 weeks ago, I found out BofA had 2 pulls on Experian on the same day in March this year - 2 personal cards and the information shown on Experian is IDENTICAL on everything. 2 pulls have not combined regardless from the same bureau with everything matched. I think I would dispute that as duplicate with Experian to get one removed.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Well, when I sat down to look at my Experian report ordered 2 weeks ago, I found out BofA had 2 pulls on Experian on the same day in March this year - 2 personal cards and the information shown on Experian is IDENTICAL on everything. 2 pulls have not combined regardless from the same bureau with everything matched. I think I would dispute that as duplicate with Experian to get one removed.
I read this a little differently. I think dmat said he was looking at two hard pulls for each AS card, one on TransUnion and one on Equifax - not two hard pulls on each credit bureau.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: United platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Explorist, IHG plat
I read this a little differently. I think dmat said he was looking at two hard pulls for each AS card, one on TransUnion and one on Equifax - not two hard pulls on each credit bureau.
Correct. This is my first BOA Alaska Air card, and it's a personal one. BOA did two hard pulls, one each from TransUnion and Equifax, before giving me this one card. Two hard inquiries, one from each of two credit bureaus, is pretty harsh just to get one card. I do like the "freeze one of the bureaus" comment above, although that seems a bit of a pain and also odd to have to do.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:27 am

I do like the "freeze one of the bureaus" comment above, although that seems a bit of a pain and also odd to have to do.
Yes, it is a bit of a pain, but where I'm at BoA, Chase, Citi, and Amex all pull Experian. By freezing it I can get BoA and Chase to pull other bureaus, but I have to call in to provide a pin for my Citi and Amex applications. It's worth it to spread the inquiries around though.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:51 pm

Yes, it is a bit of a pain, but where I'm at BoA, Chase, Citi, and Amex all pull Experian. By freezing it I can get BoA and Chase to pull other bureaus, but I have to call in to provide a pin for my Citi and Amex applications. It's worth it to spread the inquiries around though.
I didn't think citi would go for other reports
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by ninim2200
I didn't think citi would go for other reports
Neither Citi nor Amex does. You need to call in to give them the PIN to unfreeze experian.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 10:56 am
rev

I didn't realize getting some banks to pull another bureau was as easy as freezing one and telling them to pull another. Is this a common method for some churners? And do they always give you the choice? I always felt like requesting what report to pull seemed shady as if I'm hiding a report with negative marks on it or something.

I have 0 pulls on Equifax so this would be great news.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by rev
And do they always give you the choice?
I think there was a doctor of credit post on this but I can't seem to find it. So I'll recap here:

They never give you a choice, some banks will just fall over to a secondary report if they can't get the first one. BoA and Chase tend to do this, Citi and Amex do not. Not sure about Barclays because they are one of the few that pull from TransUnion as primary, and so no reason to freeze it. It's also nice to freeze Experian since you can check up on your TransUnion and Equifax weekly for free on Credit Karma and make sure there are no unauthorized entries, but you have to pay to get your Experian report on a regular basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.