Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, AS, LH, BA, VS, HHonors, Hyatt, Club Carlson, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by mizzou1
Citi does that, not sure about BOA. You are better call them. But what's the benefit of doing that?
It seems you can block delivery of the cards but a lot of agents don't know it can be done. This can be useful in some instances. Besides, producing all that unnecessary plastic for cards that won't be used is bad for the environment.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:34 pm

Combo Pulls?

Veteran Flyertalker here so forgive my ignorance if this was in the thread somewhere but I have looked and not seen confirmation...

If you apply on same day with BofA for credit cards having identical information, IF the second (or any multiple) is approved on a different day than the application day, you still will likely see only one combined HP, because BofA will use the first pull and not re-pull on the date they process the next application?

Or if you want HPs to ne combined, do you really need to get decisions on the very same day as the applications?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:25 am

Does anyone have experience applying for this card or any other BofA cards (recently) as a homemaker? If so, is it possible to get immediate approval or will the application more than likely go into manual review? (This would be a first time BofA application) Don't want to waste an inquiry if application is going to go into a "homemaker reject" pile. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Does anyone have experience applying for this card or any other BofA cards (recently) as a homemaker? If so, is it possible to get immediate approval or will the application more than likely go into manual review? (This would be a first time BofA application) Don't want to waste an inquiry if application is going to go into a "homemaker reject" pile. Thanks in advance!
My wife was approved for two cards listing homemaker as her occupation. Both cards needed a call, but I think the first would have been auto-approved if hadn't fat-fingered her SSN on the application
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Brewer20
My wife was approved for two cards listing homemaker as her occupation.
Not sure if everyone knows, but SOs living together, married or not, who combine their incomes can list the total household income as their income. I thing Citi has a separate line for "additional income", but everyone else just has the "income" line, which by Federal law can be the total household income.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Brugge
Not sure if everyone knows, but SOs living together, married or not, who combine their incomes can list the total household income as their income. I thing Citi has a separate line for "additional income", but everyone else just has the "income" line, which by Federal law can be the total household income.
The only caveat with this is if you have been applying to a bank with only your personal income listed, and now you apply using the total household income, and that's much higher than before, they may ask you to prove it.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Exactly, she used our household income. Each bank's application is worded slightly differently on exactly how this should be entered.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
A bit of an app-o-rama fail today :/. Applied for 4 AS cards. First one was approved instantly. Other 3 went into pending. I called recon and the CSR said 2 have been declined and 1 is pending a review from a credit analyst. The CSR said she can’t really do anything else and I will receive a letter from BoA. Any other tips/tricks to get these approved?

The increased exposure has certainly killed this golden-est of gooses.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:42 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Duffman
Applied for 4 AS cards.

[..]

Applying for four cards at time doesn't add to the goose's life expectancy.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:43 am

A bit of an app-o-rama fail today :/. Applied for 4 AS cards. First one was approved instantly. Other 3 went into pending. I called recon and the CSR said 2 have been declined and 1 is pending a review from a credit analyst. The CSR said she can’t really do anything else and I will receive a letter from BoA. Any other tips/tricks to get these approved?

I tried 2 applications last night. One was approved and the other went to pending. After calling reconsideration, the second application was declined. I called back and was instantly transferred to a supervisor who could see that I previously called. She looked again at the application and declined as well. Oh well. Only one hard pull so no big deal.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you for adding valueable information to this thread

"... So never refuse an invitation, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome."

Originally Posted by dayone
Applying for four cards at time doesn't add to the goose's life expectancy.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:42 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Thank you for adding valueable information to this thread"
It's unfortunate that I was unable to meet your standard of comity.

The implication of the post is not in dispute: pigs get slaughtered.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Brewer20
Exactly, she used our household income. Each bank's application is worded slightly differently on exactly how this should be entered.
Thanks Brewer20 and Brugge! The BofA application is worded a little tricky compared to Citi and Chase. If I put homemaker as job and then list our HHI, where it asks for source of income should I put down "employment" as the source -- since that's where the money is coming from (my husbands job) or do they want to know the source of "my" income which would be "other" (my husband's job) ..
Old Jun 12, 2015, 2:26 pm

Credit line for first card, relationship with BOA?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 4:57 pm

I wonder how signing up for the 25k Alaska BoA checking account offer, depositing some amount of cash $5-10k and then applying will affect ability to get approved for multiple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.