Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by breef
I read this as applying for 1 business card and 1 personal card. My original question is if it is possible to apply for two PERSONAL cards of different product lines at once.
Read all of post 2270. Especially the last sentence.

Or just read 2273 and 2274. They answer it even more clearly, and even less than 8 posts above your original one!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by worldcitizen25
Greetings,
I currently have an open personal card, the annual fee will hit shortly. I am planning on canceling it soon.
I also plan to apply for two new cards (1 personal + 1 biz) in the next week or so. Is it better to close my current open card before submitting apps for the two new cards?
Thanks!
Can somebody please respond? Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:27 am

It's YMMV and it depends on your situation.

You may get approved or you may have a deferred application depending on how much limit BoA wants to extend to you.

You have the option of reallocating credit lines AFTER your application. If you want to keep all your cards, this is what I would suggest doing.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:15 pm

I status matched to 75K Gold on AS recently and applied for the Visa Signature card today. I got approved, but only for a $2k credit line, and therefore not the Signature with the bonuses. Confusing as I have large open credit lines on Delta Amex and Chase Sapphire, good credit, and low debt-to-income ratio.

I called recon to see if I could get bumped to $5K for the Signature, and they denied me, saying the reason was that I didn't have enough accounts with BoA. What? You need to have a BoA account in order to get approved for a BoA credit card? I was so annoyed by the runaround that I decided not to take the card, since no bonuses.

This sucks because I was hoping to fly Alaska a lot more in the coming year. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by cc0818
They denied me, saying the reason was that I didn't have enough accounts with BoA.
That might be A reason you got denied, but probably not the only one. I had a similar experience where they denied me because my account was open less than 90 days. I brought down my credit utilization, and score went up a bit and called again the next month, was approved no problem. Card was still open less than 90 days, which was the reason they gave in the first place.

Think of it like this. When you get your FICO score, they give you a list of factors that are adversely affecting your account - they could be small factors, and there are other things you can do to bring your score up other than addressing those.

It seems BoA has a similar scoring algorithm and factors and if it comes back denied, they just read you the first factor. But you can still get approved without addressing that particular one.

Bring your utilization down to near 0 by finding out when your CCs report and pay it off a few days before then, if you have a large amount of credit with other banks that you don't use, consider lowering the limits. Wait until the changes propagate to your credit file and call again.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:34 pm

I enrolled in BoA online account for my new personal+business Alaska Airlines card today.

When I clicked "Bill Play", I got this message ""Your request can't be processed due to account status. Please contact us for assistance at 1.800.933.6262.""

I called them and no one has a clue about what happens and how to fix the error.

Any idea?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:04 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by godsquare
Any idea?
Did you try both accounts? Do they both have balances? First statement processed?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Did you try both accounts? Do they both have balances? First statement processed?
Only business card has a balance. I tried both accounts (I cannot even click "Bill Pay"). My first statement has not posted yet.

Note that my wife account has exactly the same structure (both personal+business Alaska card, opened on the same date, enrolled online banking on the same date, etc.) but her account does not have this issue.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I think if I only had one card with B of A, I'd leave it open. The B of A miles overlords have recently started cracking down. If you have the card open the day they approve you for others, they can't say you merely open and close cards for the bonuses. You could always close it the day after you get your apps in and approved. As Microage said, you have some CL to work with if there is a need to reallocate.

Why are you waiting for a week, is there a plan in the works?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by breef
Is it still possible to sign up for two personal products at once on the same day? For instance this card + the Virgin Atlantic card both on the same day?
2 AS PERSONAL cards on the same day still seems to work (for me at least) YMMV???
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:12 am

upgrading to signature

Does anyone have recent experience being instantly approved for a card with a sub-$5k credit line and then calling the same day of the application and having it changed to Signature card after moving around credit lines from other BofA cards and still receiving the bonus?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
Does anyone have recent experience being instantly approved for a card with a sub-$5k credit line and then calling the same day of the application and having it changed to Signature card after moving around credit lines from other BofA cards and still receiving the bonus?
Based on what I have learned on the phone, I think the answer is no. Whatever you are automatically approved for online, you will receive and THEN you can upgrade to signature (even if within hours of initial approval), but you still are stuck with the signup offer on the originally approved card. :-(

You get the lower end card and THEN will get the signature card.

This makes one wish they get a denial/pending status so that an analyst can ensure you get the right card before opening the account. The automatic approval can definitely work against you in this case.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by luv2fly4free
but you still are stuck with the signup offer on the originally approved card. :-(
It's a pain but you can get the increased sign up benefits. Go back and reread posts from earlier this year in this thread. Especially those by Brugge.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:07 am

am little late to provide my datapoint , but here it is
: applied on 6/2 for 3 cards, 1 approved instantly and 2 later by calling by calling number in wiki ( 2 card came in a week and 1 card came just abt 4 days back)
miles posted already; only 1 credit pull in exp
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:12 pm

I used the two browser trick to apply for 2 personal cards. Initially they both went to review. One was approved a few days later and the other a few days after that. The miles have posted for the first card, but not the 2nd. After receiving the 2nd card I noticed it has my first name on it twice, i.e. Bob Bob Smith and doesn't list my Mileage Plan number. Must have fat fingered the application.
What's the safest way to get the miles applied to the correct Mileage Plan? Call Alaska to see if a new one was generated or call BoA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.