Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wlp07
I guess only time will tell. However, a source with wide readership (be it neophytes or otherwise) which recently touted the ability to obtain multiple cards at once would have an interest in advising his followers of such a change. I would be inclined to trust his knowledge of BOA approvals process over an AS f/a. I would love to be wrong, but a tightening of policy certainly would appear to be the natural consequence of the actions taken by many (even more so when there's a $100 statement credit also involved).
Come on, give me a break. One of every 10 or less points/miles/cards related blogs that I see linked on the front page of FlyerTalk I find an error in. Like Ariana of FrugalTravelGuy, who just wrote a blog regarding Delta the other day where she listed 13 cards, all from Amex, 5 of which were business cards, and then claimed that you can't get the bonus more than once on any of those, apparently without realizing that the once in a lifetime limit only applies to personal cards:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html

And that's just this week's latest example. TIm Winship of FrequentFlier posted about Avis Preferred Plus without realizing that Avis doesn't give its' own currency (whether the new Preferred Plus point or the old free rental day certs) on rentals where you choose to earn partner currency (airline miles or hotel points). That was only a few days earlier.

I know I saw other errors in several blogs the previous week too, but no longer remember the specifics.

And the only blog articles I look at are the ones listed on the front page of FlyerTalk. But are those the only ones routinely filled with errors?

Do not assume "journalistic" standards like fact-checking is integrated into most of these blogs. These blogs are typically money-making endeavors, and they get paid to write stuff with links, not to research stuff to make that it's correct. As long as people click on the links, that's all the funders of the blogs care about.

And I would that the Brian Williams issue at NBC disproved the idea that the more widely-viewed/widely-read someone is, that it what them more trustworthy. Since when is good journalism related to how big an audience you have?
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sdsearch
These blogs are typically money-making endeavors, and they get paid to write stuff with links, not to research stuff to make that it's correct. As long as people click on the links, that's all the funders of the blogs care about.
I would also argue that the one thing they care more about than people clicking on links is their affiliate accounts not being terminated, so they are more likely to spread misinformation provided by the banks than factual evidence.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by invalyd
Yeah, makes sense that they would tighten up after he writes about how he got 5 cards in one day (serving no purpose other than to ruin a good thing).

That being said, he probably just added that language because he now has an affiliate link with them.

I just closed 2 AS accounts that I opened 90 days ago and will be attempting to get 2 more later this week. I'll report back on results.
I can't wait to hear back on your results. I've always thought canceling 90 days in was too soon for any credit card, from a churning standpoint, especially with a 1 week turnaround, but maybe B of A is different. I can't wait to hear back on your success! If it works for you, our churn team will likely do the very same thing.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I can't wait to hear back on your results. I've always thought canceling 90 days in was too soon for any credit card, from a churning standpoint, especially with a 1 week turnaround, but maybe B of A is different. I can't wait to hear back on your success! If it works for you, our churn team will likely do the very same thing.
Well honestly, BoA is probably the only bank I would consider churning that aggressively with. They really are that bad. Will be sure to report back soon.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:15 am

When was the last time BoA Alaska Airlines credit card had a 50000 bonus miles offer?

I've been waiting for one.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
When was the last time BoA Alaska Airlines credit card had a 50000 bonus miles offer?

I've been waiting for one.
It's called getting two cards.

The last time they had 50k for one card was either 0.5 or 1.5 years ago (I forget which), for a couple days, around Christmas/New Years (when many people are too busy with holidays stuff to check FlyerTalk daily) and then it very quickly got pulled (within a few days IIRC). I think it may have intended for a targeted audience (residents of Washington state?) and accidentally went wider.

Ie, it's so rare, everyone else just applies for two BofA Alaska cards rather than wait years for one 50k offer to become momentarily available.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:47 am

Not sure what to do... Applied for 2 Personal AS cards back in april using 2BM.. Now 3 months later I would like to get 2 more..
Do I need to close the first 2 cards or keep them open?
Do I apply for only 1 card this time or again go for 2?
any recent 2BM datapoints?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 12:03 pm
jk2

So, new rules from BoA are: no more than 1 app for specific card, right? So, we can continue to apply for like AS/Virgin combo on the same day?
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by heythere55
Not sure what to do... Applied for 2 Personal AS cards back in april using 2BM.. Now 3 months later I would like to get 2 more..
Do I need to close the first 2 cards or keep them open?
Do I apply for only 1 card this time or again go for 2?
any recent 2BM datapoints?
2BM without a doubt doesn't work anymore. Applied for first AS cards ever on 6/23. One card approved, denied for second. HUCA about 5 times, no dice.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by brc01
2BM without a doubt doesn't work anymore. Applied for first AS cards ever on 6/23. One card approved, denied for second. HUCA about 5 times, no dice.
+1. Never had the AS card before and figured I would try the 2BM trick this past week with no luck.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:40 pm

What do they tell you? That you can only be approved for 1 card?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
I'd be interested to find out if there are any current alaska cardholders (who have had the card for 90+ days) who are being approved for a second card in the past week or two.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
What do they tell you? That you can only be approved for 1 card?
"We are unable to approve you for an additional card." Nonsensical reasons will be given, like enough credit already granted or wanting to see responsible usage on the first card approved.

The denial letter will say "sufficient credit available" which is also nonsense. I only opted for 5K on the first AS card even though I was offered 15K. So I was at LEAST 10K under BoA total exposure that day.

I really tried to press the reps if there was a 1 card rule. They weren't willing to disclose exactly what the "rule" is now or when I could apply for another AS card.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:13 pm

The denial letter will say "sufficient credit available" which is also nonsense. I only opted for 5K on the first AS card even though I was offered 15K. So I was at LEAST 10K under BoA total exposure that day.
This matches my experience exactly.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:29 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
spending bonus offer received

Hello
I got a spending bonus offer of 2.5K pts for spend on alaskaair.com booked travel, hotels in the mail with phone number, internet site and phone code to scan.
.... but I dont know which card this is on!!!!
of course calling is useless, the last csr I called didnt even try to look up the offers on the acct and I could here the csr just waiting for me to say ok nevermind so that the call would end. CSR at BofA have no way to look up the info on the cards.
Anybody else get the offer? how are their car rental prices at alaskaair.com?
any ideas how to ID the correct card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.