Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by particlemn
I applied this morning and got instant approval but with a credit limit on only 2k, I called the reconsideration line and they asked a few questions and then increased the limit to 5k and said they would upgrade the card to a visa signature card. has anyone had this happen and did you get the full 30k miles (25k plus 5K bonus)? I am in a wait and see pattern and have searched this thread and also done some google searches but I can not seem to find any reports of this either positive or negative of getting the higher mileage for the signature application.
DATAPOINT:

I have a similar case. I applied for the 40k points (25k upon approval and another 15k after $10k spend). FTR, Im not an Alaska Elite member. I wasn't instantly approved. They called me couple days later to inform me they have approved me for a $1k limit. I asked for the card type and sign up bonus. She said it was platinum and not signature and has 7.5k points I believe. She was asking me if I wanted to accept the card or not (never been asked that before). I told her I didn't apply for that card and if I don't get the card I want, I want to cancel the app. She transferred me over to a different department to sort out the issue.

The 'other department' lady looked at my credit report and acknowledged that I have a very good credit score (720+) and was surprised why the system didn't approved the appropriate card. She dug deeper and found that I had a late payment on a BoA card about 3 yrs ago and asked why it happened. I told her I had set up auto pay from my checking account for a certain number of payments and the number of payments had finished while I didn't realize it. I paid off the entire card the moment I realized it was 30+ days late (32 days late to be precise). She said thats no problem and approved me for a $5k limit for the sig card with 25+15k bonus offer. I told her my limit is very less and that I have cards with 25+k limits (had received 3 citi cards with limits of 12.5k, 26k, 26k, chase 16k, AmEx 10k). She said she only sees one citi card with 12.5k limit and others are not showing up. I told her they were approved over the last 2 months. She said she'll increase the limit to $10k if she can verify that by pulling my credit from a different bureau. I agreed, but she couldn't do it because the FIRST lady was still in my profile. So then she told me she'll call me back in a hr to rerun the CR on Transunion and I told her its ok, don't worry about it. I'll just ask for a credit increase later and that $5k is fine for now (didn't want to risk losing out on the 40k offer incase she decided to change her mind later on).

So the card came after a wk, I called in to activate it and asked the rep what the bonus offer was. He confirmed it was 25k + 15k with 10k spend etc. Here I have, having spend $2k via AP and have already received the 25k points. I find this deal better than the 30k deals since this one card gives me 50k (40k plus 10k for spend). Two such cards can get me 100k, enough for a one way business trip to pretty much anywhere in the world I think.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 12:54 pm

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

Have any non elites actually received the 40k miles?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:27 pm

I have a question about the 25,000 miles and the companion pass. I have about 50,000 miles on AA and from what I'm reading I can combine that with my AS to book a free ticket to Anchorage. Can I still use the companion pass to book a ticket for my son ? Or is the companion pass valid only on a paid ticket ? TIA
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by uvasag
I have a question about the 25,000 miles and the companion pass. I have about 50,000 miles on AA and from what I'm reading I can combine that with my AS to book a free ticket to Anchorage. Can I still use the companion pass to book a ticket for my son ? Or is the companion pass valid only on a paid ticket ? TIA
It is valid on a paid ticket only.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by gv111
It is valid on a paid ticket only.
Thank you gv111 . I guess I'll pay for the one and use my chase reward points to get the refund on it.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by uvasag
Thank you gv111 . I guess I'll pay for the one and use my chase reward points to get the refund on it.
Separate topic, but that's generally not a great use of UR points unless you really need the cash.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by glynot
Separate topic, but that's generally not a great use of UR points unless you really need the cash.
How would you suggest the best use of UR ? I visit this board once in a while but don't know whole lot of details on use of reward points.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
Have any non elites actually received the 40k miles?
As long as you are approved for it, you should get it. It is BoA that submits the miles to be awarded to AlaskaAir. BoA can not check if a member has elite status. since my card was approved for the 40k offer, I don't see why BoA would NOT give me the 15k additional bonus.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:14 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
folks who've managed to get multiple AS cards (incld Biz), say 3-4: are y'all holding onto em till your next membership year rolls around?

for those that dont have a use for the companion certs, any benefits to keeping around multiple cards? or would a better strategy be to cancel em and try to get auto approvals for the next app?
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:59 am

I was just looking for a firm data point for a non elite getting the 40k. Please let us know if you actually received the miles.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 12:42 pm

Does this offer work for a new Alaska member?

Hi -

I'd like to second that request for a data point - I don't want to open the card, spend the $, and then find that I don't get the bonus.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by bobby21
I was just looking for a firm data point for a non elite getting the 40k. Please let us know if you actually received the miles.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 9:23 pm

I was approved, using the 40K offer, for 18K credit line.

1) Would it be safe to say this is the Signature version based on the CL?

2) I am not an Alaska Elite, if I get the 40K, I'll let you know
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
For those who have multiples of the AS card... How long did you wait between apps? And can the 2bm work for two of the 30K offer, if I had applied and was auto approved for the card three months ago? (I don't want to spend $20k).

Last edited by TOMFORD; Jul 21, 2014 at 1:38 pm
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87
folks who've managed to get multiple AS cards (incld Biz), say 3-4: are y'all holding onto em till your next membership year rolls around?

for those that dont have a use for the companion certs, any benefits to keeping around multiple cards? or would a better strategy be to cancel em and try to get auto approvals for the next app?
Same questions here.

Just got my card today and seeing 25K in mileage plan. I don't plan on keeping this card after the first year.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, VX, HH, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by agp423
For those who have multiples of the AS card... How long did you wait between apps? And can the 2bm work for two of the 30K offer, if I had applied and was auto approved for the card three months ago? (I don't want to spend $20k).
I waited 9 months in between mine. I've read people wait 3-6 months and have no issue. I was reluctant to apply sooner or try 2bm because my EX is frozen and all BoA apps require me to call in. They happily pull TU as an alternate. I have 2 of these cards and will try for a 3rd in December which will be 6 months from my last approval.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.