Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone know if BofA allows two personal card approvals at the same time? Looking to get this and now the VA 90k card.
Yes. we always do two same cards at a time. we have gotten AS cards so far. Everytime when we apply, we have no open AS cards. YMMV
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:32 pm

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

did you get auto approval for 2 cards or go to recon?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by bobby21
did you get auto approval for 2 cards or go to recon?
Usually one gets approved immediately. The second one in a couple of days. Didn't have to call.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
You have to either be one of the travelers or you have to be the one who pays for the flight. I booked tickets for my brother and wife using one of my CPs and just used my AS card to do the booking and they reimbursed me. They had no problems with the flights.
Thanks. Some of my CPs were earned by AS cards already closed. Anyone know if using other AS cards will work?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 1:36 pm

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

It doesn't matter which card as long as it's in the name if the CP owner.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 7:19 pm

no BOA cards, and no AS cards..chances of getting 3 personal cards approved at the same time?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:01 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by bfpri
no BOA cards, and no AS cards..chances of getting 3 personal cards approved at the same time?
Do you have a good reason/argument to make on the recon call if they ask why you need 3 new cards at once? That would be assuming you qualify for all 3 cards in all other respects.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:50 pm

Do you have a good reason/argument to make on the recon call if they ask why you need 3 new cards at once? That would be assuming you qualify for all 3 cards in all other respects.
not at all, only reason is for more miles. Guess thats not a good idea then
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
not at all, only reason is for more miles. Guess thats not a good idea then
Some explanations I've seen noted here on FT are:

To keep expenses separate for a home improvement project.
To separate reimbursable travel expenses.
The cards have different benefits that are needed for upcoming travel plans such as free bags, lounge access, gold status etc.

I'm sure there are a dozen other good explanations. The point is to think about your responses to probable/possible questions before calling recon since you won't likely get instant approval on 3 apps at once.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
The point is to think about your responses to probable/possible questions before calling recon since you won't likely get instant approval on 3 apps at once.
Or if u do get approved, it will be for the measly lower version of the card which u don't want: only 5k bonus.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:11 am

Some explanations I've seen noted here on FT are:

To keep expenses separate for a home improvement project.
To separate reimbursable travel expenses.
The cards have different benefits that are needed for upcoming travel plans such as free bags, lounge access, gold status etc.

I'm sure there are a dozen other good explanations. The point is to think about your responses to probable/possible questions before calling recon since you won't likely get instant approval on 3 apps at once.
thanks I may give it a try, although I would try to limit human to human interaction if possible though.

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Or if u do get approved, it will be for the measly lower version of the card which u don't want: only 5k bonus.
how can you tell?
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Northwest, United
how can you tell?
Based on your initial questions, and your follow-ups (like this one), it's pretty obvious you have done little or no research on this subject. Not to beat up on you - we were all new clueless noobs once - but you are setting yourself up for (at best) some disappointment, or (at worst) some possible damage that could take a while to undo and/or cost you.

I would suggest you cool your jets, and before jumping in and doing something foolish (like applying for 3 of the same credit card), first invest some time in learning at least a little about how all this stuff works. The answers to all your questions can be found in about 10 minutes with only a tiny bit of effort. If that's too much trouble for you, then either A) you have no business playing this game, or B) some things are going to happen that you probably won't like.

Choose wisely. Good luck.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Highly probable. It may even happen on the 2nd card if one already has some other apps this year even with other banks.

Then comes the unpleasant surprise - AF not waived albeit may be only $50 but also the bonus would be 10K or even worse.

Among all cards, I would put the planning needed for BofA AS cards just under the level of getting the US Bank's Club Carlson and the Barclays A+.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 24, 2014 at 10:27 am
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Based on your initial questions, and your follow-ups (like this one), it's pretty obvious you have done little or no research on this subject. Not to beat up on you - we were all new clueless noobs once - but you are setting yourself up for (at best) some disappointment, or (at worst) some possible damage that could take a while to undo and/or cost you.

I would suggest you cool your jets, and before jumping in and doing something foolish (like applying for 3 of the same credit card), first invest some time in learning at least a little about how all this stuff works. The answers to all your questions can be found in about 10 minutes with only a tiny bit of effort. If that's too much trouble for you, then either A) you have no business playing this game, or B) some things are going to happen that you probably won't like.

Choose wisely. Good luck.
This!

Poster demonstrates very little knowledge on how things work, not just the BofA cards but cards in general based on all the posts on this thread so far. Some people may prefer to learn things the hard way versus doing research and learn to avoid making unnecessary mistakes. Hence the YMMV is always true.

thanks I may give it a try, although I would try to limit human to human interaction if possible though.

how can you tell?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:57 pm

New to Alaska miles and just read a few articles from a few years ago with the 50k bonus. Does anyone have info on this ever happening again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.