Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by PurdueMan
Interested in this card, but have not tracked at all. Is 50k the prime offer to wait for?

What would a typical continental US roundtrip cost point wise?
Save your points to fly in F on the Emirates shower plane. AS points are too valuable to burn on domestic coach!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
My last post on this did not seem to go through - I ended up getting my $100 credit even though multiple reps told me I would not and that since I was approved for a lesser card I was not getting the bonus. Still stuck with no 25k miles but $100 eases the pain.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:36 am

That's why applying for the Biz or Canadian version is better. No risk of getting stuck with the lesser bonus. I wonder what percentage of FTers have gotten hosed like that? I suspect it's higher than we might think since many may not want to admit wasting a pull for 5K miles! Earlier this year, my daughter in law was successful, however, in getting BofA to increase her bonus from 5 to 25 on her downgraded app. But it took a lot of phone calls over a couple months.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:37 pm

I approved with a platinum plus credit card with only $700 credit line, which looks like a joke. I have no any ideas what BOA was thinking about. Just call them again and apply for the reconsideration for the visa signature card.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
For others who did the 40K offer (25K + 15K after $10K spend), how long did it take after meeting spend for the last 15K to post? I see reports upthread on the timeline for posting statement credits for offers with those, but didn't see any on the 15K additional miles. I hit spend about three weeks ago and haven't seen the last 15K yet. Statement hasn't closed and I'm not overly concerned, but beginning to wonder if I'm going to need to call.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by WrightHI
For others who did the 40K offer (25K + 15K after $10K spend), how long did it take after meeting spend for the last 15K to post? I see reports upthread on the timeline for posting statement credits for offers with those, but didn't see any on the 15K additional miles. I hit spend about three weeks ago and haven't seen the last 15K yet. Statement hasn't closed and I'm not overly concerned, but beginning to wonder if I'm going to need to call.
15K bonus miles will be added on the statement closing date.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Originally Posted by liw5215
15K bonus miles will be added on the statement closing date.
Thanks. Will wait for that.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:45 pm

Not approved for Visa Signature

Was approved for the version that earns only 5K bonus miles instead. This was odd because previously was given $15000 loc for this card, but now only $2000. At this time I do not have any other open Alaska Visa accounts. Is it possible to get the Visa Signature version through a reconsideration call? If not, any tips for improving chances of at least a $5000 credit limit? Thanks!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:04 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
I was told the only way to avoid that stitch and get approved for a min $5k CL is by calling in and applying over the phone. why? cause apparently you can request a min CL to phone agents as opposed to online apps where the computer does its best to approve you at even lower levels. so when applying over the phone, you have a higher chance of getting that $5k CL and thus the VS card, altho I suppose you also run the risk of a wasted HP resulting in a denial and no card.

but I suspect in most cases where you get approved for plat plus or preferred, you coulda been approved for the VS -- and when applying over the phone you possibly have the benefit of moving CL around from other cards to get to that VS, right then and there.

Last edited by FTR 787; Oct 6, 2014 at 9:19 pm
Old Oct 6, 2014, 2:50 pm

Applied for two personal cards using 2BM. Submitted both applications within 1 sec of each other and was instantly approved for 16k credit line for both. Before I applied for these two I wasn't planning on applying for the business version but since I was instantly approved for both personal CCs I decided to go for business as well. Didn't get an instant approval and decided not to call and wait it out. Few days later when I received both of my personal cards and added them to my BoA online account I noticed that the business card with a credit line of 10k was already there. So that made it 3 for 3. I'll take that

FYI, never had Alaska cards before and didn't have any BoA CCs at the time of applications. That might have helped.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KoolFatKat
Applied for two personal cards using 2BM. Submitted both applications within 1 sec of each other and was instantly approved for 16k credit line for both. Before I applied for these two I wasn't planning on applying for the business version but since I was instantly approved for both personal CCs I decided to go for business as well. Didn't get an instant approval and decided not to call and wait it out. Few days later when I received both of my personal cards and added them to my BoA online account I noticed that the business card with a credit line of 10k was already there. So that made it 3 for 3. I'll take that

FYI, never had Alaska cards before and didn't have any BoA CCs at the time of applications. That might have helped.
That's a beautiful story! Enjoy those miles... they are the most valuable out there IMO.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by finloopio
That's a beautiful story! Enjoy those miles... they are the most valuable out there IMO.
They are the most valuable. They get you on the Emirates shower plane, need I say more? I guess you could say that SPG points are more valuable, but I actually use my SPG points primarily to transfer them to AS. Plus, today I redeemed a Marriott nights and flights package which will get me 120K more AS points. But yeah, since they are so valuable, have fun and use them wisely. I just booked DXB to DFW on the shower plane for my son and I this week.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA
Originally Posted by KoolFatKat

Congrats! How many pulls was that?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Preacher7
They are the most valuable. They get you on the Emirates shower plane, need I say more? I guess you could say that SPG points are more valuable, but I actually use my SPG points primarily to transfer them to AS. Plus, today I redeemed a Marriott nights and flights package which will get me 120K more AS points. But yeah, since they are so valuable, have fun and use them wisely. I just booked DXB to DFW on the shower plane for my son and I this week.
What's there to do in Dubai? I guess I could do some research, but it seems people must go there for reasons other than business.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:33 pm

It's a great desert climate. Almost always sunny and warm, like Phoenix. It's also got an indoor ski hill. I'm always passing through Dubai on business, as it's the gateway to everywhere in the non-western world. It's got great hotels too, like Hyatts that can be had for free on points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.