Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maverick17
As happened to others above, my miles have also posted before I did the spend. I'm not looking to cancel like some people mentioned, but surprised at this.
The offer is UPON APPROVAL.

There is one offer is after 1st spend.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 4:22 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The offer is UPON APPROVAL.

There is one offer is after 1st spend.
Interesting. Didn't pay attention to the grammar in the wiki and I missed that part. Thought the $1k spend was for miles and credit, not just credit. Guess I should read wikis and landing pages more closely. I suppose I thought I new it all from the thread and skipped through that quickly.

Last edited by maverick17; Jul 12, 2014 at 4:28 am
Old Jul 12, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: US, AA, UA, LH, VX
Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

I received my miles before I even got the card
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:36 am

Anyone know the most recent direct Credit analyst number for BOA? everyone I try from diff websites is wrong...

Was denied for 2bm apps, most likely from to many inquiries.

Thanks,
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:57 pm

Hey guys, I have a bit of a unique situation. For some reason when I signed up for the card they associated it with a new account and gave the points to said account. This was likely due to myself typing in the wrong number, etc. I called BoA twice since then asking them to transfer the 25k miles over to my real account (my card has since been re-associated with the right acct #), and both times they have told me they would put in a request to alaska air to do so. It has been ~60 days or so since I opened the card and I have still not seen these miles. Would I be better off talking to Alaska Air directly? I am nervous about doing so because it is my second card, and I don't want them to decline xfering the points once they see that my account has already received the now extinct 50k signup miles. Thanks
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by llbad
Hey guys, I have a bit of a unique situation. For some reason when I signed up for the card they associated it with a new account and gave the points to said account. This was likely due to myself typing in the wrong number, etc. I called BoA twice since then asking them to transfer the 25k miles over to my real account (my card has since been re-associated with the right acct #), and both times they have told me they would put in a request to alaska air to do so. It has been ~60 days or so since I opened the card and I have still not seen these miles. Would I be better off talking to Alaska Air directly? I am nervous about doing so because it is my second card, and I don't want them to decline xfering the points once they see that my account has already received the now extinct 50k signup miles. Thanks
you want to call Alaska and merge the two accounts. Takes only a few minutes, simple.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by llbad
This your only way to sort out the matter. The points are from BofA not from AS, plus it is a different offer... As long as your personal data for each AS account matches, not a big deal. AS should not have any issue to merge the 2 AS accounts. Just make sure to tell them WHICH account you want to keep.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
This your only way to sort out the matter. The points are from BofA not from AS, plus it is a different offer... As long as your personal data for each AS account matches, not a big deal. AS should not have any issue to merge the 2 AS accounts. Just make sure to tell them WHICH account you want to keep.
Great, thanks! Not sure how I'm going to get the account number for the useless account - I'll try BoA for that I suppose.

EDIT: I guess since it's under my same name they should be able to find it

EDIT2: that was much easier than I expected it to be, thanks again guys

Last edited by llbad; Jul 14, 2014 at 2:11 pm
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Ah, it was bound to happen eventually. Applied, instantly approved on 7/18. No card in hand yet, but can see on the website they gave me a 4.5k limit, 50$ AF "plus" not signature card. I have an existing BoA card from which I'd be willing to transfer CL if needed, has anyone ever been able to get the full bonus after being approved for a lesser card? Searching for "lesser bonus" and similar yielded discussion but few data points.

If I can't get them to 'correct' via a couple calls I'm going to have to bite the bullet and cancel/request refund within 30 days .
Old Jul 14, 2014, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ycrimi
Ah, it was bound to happen eventually. Applied, instantly approved on 7/18. No card in hand yet, but can see on the website they gave me a 4.5k limit, 50$ AF "plus" not signature card. I have an existing BoA card from which I'd be willing to transfer CL if needed, has anyone ever been able to get the full bonus after being approved for a lesser card? Searching for "lesser bonus" and similar yielded discussion but few data points.

If I can't get them to 'correct' via a couple calls I'm going to have to bite the bullet and cancel/request refund within 30 days .
What is your other card's CL and charge pattern?

Upthread there was a single person took a lot of efforts to change the card to Signature. But I dont remember reading update on the bonus posting.

It is going to be an uphill battle with BofA so you would need to weigh on how much aggravation you are willing to put up on this.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:32 pm

Other card was an AS from the same offer 14 mo ago, PC'd to a 1.2.3 Cash card - net use was maybe a few thousand over the course of the year, so not much leverage. CL is 7.5k.

If my first call raises my bloodpressure I may just have to take my lumps and get out before AF refund is impossible.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I applied this morning and got instant approval but with a credit limit on only 2k, I called the reconsideration line and they asked a few questions and then increased the limit to 5k and said they would upgrade the card to a visa signature card. has anyone had this happen and did you get the full 30k miles (25k plus 5K bonus)? I am in a wait and see pattern and have searched this thread and also done some google searches but I can not seem to find any reports of this either positive or negative of getting the higher mileage for the signature application.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by particlemn
I applied this morning and got instant approval but with a credit limit on only 2k, I called the reconsideration line and they asked a few questions and then increased the limit to 5k and said they would upgrade the card to a visa signature card. has anyone had this happen and did you get the full 30k miles (25k plus 5K bonus)? I am in a wait and see pattern and have searched this thread and also done some google searches but I can not seem to find any reports of this either positive or negative of getting the higher mileage for the signature application.
I'll respond to this since there are like 2 or 3 similar questions in the last few set of posts. I had the same thing happen. I posted up-thread about it happening and only just yesterday got it resolved. It has been 7-8 weeks, but I have received my 30000 points and my Visa Signature card and my companion pass.

I applied for and was approved on May 22. I was approved originally for $2k and the platinum card. I called in when I receive the card and was told I had to request a credit increase. I did that and was approved. I had to wait for that to show up then call back and request the Signature Visa. I did that and it arrived (like 2 weeks later....not a fast process). Once I had my card, my $50 annual fee was already showing up on a statement, I was not going to pay that. I then called BoA customer support and got to someone who was sympathetic to my case but could do nothing. Once they sent the info to Alaska Air, they handled the points. She gave me the AS phone number to call so I called them, this was Monday June 30. AS customer service discussed this with me and stated that the points were tied to how it was sent over and it was sent over as an upgrade there was nothing they could do but she would call BoA herself and try and work it out. She would call me back after July 4. I had never heard back from her so I started secure messaging BoA. They claimed a similar stance as before as there was nothing they could do. They literally suggested I apply for a new card because I was already approved for $5000 limit, although they would not guarantee I would get the Signature. I was ready to do that yesterday but when I logged into my AS to check some Delta award availability, I saw I had 30000 points. So. Victory at last. I paid my $50 annual fee and expect $25 more to be charged at the next statement.

The gist of my complaint to BoA was that I was clearly eligble for and approved for the Signature Visa, as evidenced by the fact that without spending a dime on my part, you approved me, raised my limit, and gave me a Signature card. In effect you created a lot of paperwork and avoided the bonus for no reason I can see. They frequently pointed out that the application clearly says that can happen (the approval for lower products). I agreed often that I understood that, but if I was only qualified for that product, why would it be so simple to raise my limit and get what I originally applied for basically instantaneously. My last message to them (besides my thank you yesterday for seeing reason) summarized their recommendation:
You want me to close and account that I applied for but had to raise my limit and get an upgrade for, just to reapply for a product you now tell me I qualify for which is also the product I have and originally applied for and had to jump through hoops for, just to get the points I see myself as eligible for? That was 3 days ago. The only response was more points. Important to note is they did mention that the sign-up bonus points were tied to specific offers, so if you have the offer number for the application you used, it might help. I just clicked the link in the wiki and got it when they asked. This was in a secure message.

So there is my story. It can be done. My credit is no better or worse than anyone here. FICO was showing 780 range, Experian 750 range as of when I applied, both slightly lower due to other applications when I finished. I don't know if the BoA or the AS agents got me the points in the end. All agents were polite. I never got angry or flew off the handle. They understand their system is stupid. If you can lay out a case for them, apparently, something can be done. I applied and got instant approval May 22, I got my 30000 points on July 14. Have a happy Tuesday
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by niehaubs
I'll respond to this since there are like 2 or 3 similar questions in the last few set of posts. I had the same thing happen. I posted up-thread about it happening and only just yesterday got it resolved. It has been 7-8 weeks, but I have received my 30000 points and my Visa Signature card and my companion pass.

I applied for and was approved on May 22. I was approved originally for $2k and the platinum card. I called in when I receive the card and was told I had to request a credit increase. I did that and was approved. I had to wait for that to show up then call back and request the Signature Visa. I did that and it arrived (like 2 weeks later....not a fast process). Once I had my card, my $50 annual fee was already showing up on a statement, I was not going to pay that. I then called BoA customer support and got to someone who was sympathetic to my case but could do nothing. Once they sent the info to Alaska Air, they handled the points. She gave me the AS phone number to call so I called them, this was Monday June 30. AS customer service discussed this with me and stated that the points were tied to how it was sent over and it was sent over as an upgrade there was nothing they could do but she would call BoA herself and try and work it out. She would call me back after July 4. I had never heard back from her so I started secure messaging BoA. They claimed a similar stance as before as there was nothing they could do. They literally suggested I apply for a new card because I was already approved for $5000 limit, although they would not guarantee I would get the Signature. I was ready to do that yesterday but when I logged into my AS to check some Delta award availability, I saw I had 30000 points. So. Victory at last. I paid my $50 annual fee and expect $25 more to be charged at the next statement.

The gist of my complaint to BoA was that I was clearly eligble for and approved for the Signature Visa, as evidenced by the fact that without spending a dime on my part, you approved me, raised my limit, and gave me a Signature card. In effect you created a lot of paperwork and avoided the bonus for no reason I can see. They frequently pointed out that the application clearly says that can happen (the approval for lower products). I agreed often that I understood that, but if I was only qualified for that product, why would it be so simple to raise my limit and get what I originally applied for basically instantaneously. My last message to them (besides my thank you yesterday for seeing reason) summarized their recommendation:
You want me to close and account that I applied for but had to raise my limit and get an upgrade for, just to reapply for a product you now tell me I qualify for which is also the product I have and originally applied for and had to jump through hoops for, just to get the points I see myself as eligible for? That was 3 days ago. The only response was more points. Important to note is they did mention that the sign-up bonus points were tied to specific offers, so if you have the offer number for the application you used, it might help. I just clicked the link in the wiki and got it when they asked. This was in a secure message.

So there is my story. It can be done. My credit is no better or worse than anyone here. FICO was showing 780 range, Experian 750 range as of when I applied, both slightly lower due to other applications when I finished. I don't know if the BoA or the AS agents got me the points in the end. All agents were polite. I never got angry or flew off the handle. They understand their system is stupid. If you can lay out a case for them, apparently, something can be done. I applied and got instant approval May 22, I got my 30000 points on July 14. Have a happy Tuesday
Thanks for the details, looks like a few calls are in my future.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:32 am

Thanks niehaubs, helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.