Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:30 pm

It appears the 30k offer is dead?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sal2009
I applied for the visa signature version 25,000+5000 offer but was only approved for the platinum plus with a $2500 cl...i called reconsideration line the same day as application and asked for the visa signature version with increase cl to $10000...they approved that request but told me i would first get the platinum plus version and then receive the visa sig card abt two weeks ltr. asked them abt the bonus and was told i would get the visa signature bonus.

so i get the plat plus version of the card, call up to confirm i'm getting the visa signature version, they confirm i will be getting it...ask abt the bonus and they say there is nothing in the notes but that is prob because i'm getting the visa sig card with comes with the increased miles bonus anyway..

check my alaska acct and i've been given only 10,000 miles. am i screwed? any chance they will give me the remaining miles?
Go back to read up thread there are at least 2 or may be 3 persons have the same situation - they eventually get theirs but not without a drawn out, uphill battle with a lot of follow up.

Do some readings and find those posters in the same boat and if needed, PM them for advice.

Good Luck.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
My continued saga - applied, approved for $2k limit "plus" card. Called in, they did another hard pull without asking and gave me $5k limit, told me I would get signature + bonus as advertised.

Two weeks later account still shows "plus" but a $5k limit. Received a letter in the mail that says "$100 credit after $1k spend..." which is in line with the signature offer, so I thought it worked. Secure messaged to confirm, they said no such offer is on your account despite the hard copy mailing sent to me. I sent them a picture of the letter, and a link to the offer I applied for... still minimal time invested, but it is getting my blood pressure up . Will see if it pans out.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ycrimi
My continued saga - applied, approved for $2k limit "plus" card. Called in, they did another hard pull without asking and gave me $5k limit, told me I would get signature + bonus as advertised.

Two weeks later account still shows "plus" but a $5k limit. Received a letter in the mail that says "$100 credit after $1k spend..." which is in line with the signature offer, so I thought it worked. Secure messaged to confirm, they said no such offer is on your account despite the hard copy mailing sent to me. I sent them a picture of the letter, and a link to the offer I applied for... still minimal time invested, but it is getting my blood pressure up . Will see if it pans out.
dont waste your time and work up your blood pressure on that.

If you could MS, $1K is a $12 cost to generate the spend. Just do it and the $100 statement credit would most likely show up in between 1 to 3 weeks.

In fact in our case of 4 cards the $100 credit showed up BEFORE we got that letter which you only get when you sign up the correct offer.

No need to get reps to verify as none of them has any clue - has been the experiences from those of us who have gone thru this since the $100 credit offer is available from almost 2 years ago.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Happy
If you could MS, $1K is a $12 cost to generate the spend.
Or the USB Visabuxx would only cost $5 to MS that, assuming you already have one..
Old Aug 5, 2014, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Or the USB Visabuxx would only cost $5 to MS that, assuming you already have one..
In this case the TD GO before it dies would only cost you $1 assuming you already have one.

Otherwise, it is still very low cost to find out if you would get the credit or not.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:54 am

What is the churn rate on this card? Is there a 8/65 rule like Citi or can you churn as many as you want? Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:50 pm

Hmm… just saw the 25k miles + $100 statement credit offer after I applied for the 25k miles on approval only offer.

Anyone have success with calling BoA to bump the bonus? I'm happy to do the spend to get the SC. Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by whiternoise
Hmm… just saw the 25k miles + $100 statement credit offer after I applied for the 25k miles on approval only offer.

Anyone have success with calling BoA to bump the bonus? I'm happy to do the spend to get the SC. Thanks!
I don't know but I highly doubt it based on my experience with BOA customer service.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by whiternoise

No.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by raccah
What is the churn rate on this card? Is there a 8/65 rule like Citi or can you churn as many as you want? Thanks
As many as you feel comfortable with! Have seen #'s on another forum that are beyond my comfort zone!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
As many as you feel comfortable with! Have seen #'s on another forum that are beyond my comfort zone!
I saw this on the UofW Alumni page

"If you already have an Alaska Airlines credit card, don't worry, you could qualify to carry more than one card or switch your current card. Call the customer service number on the back of your card to find the option that's right for you."
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:04 am

What's the retention like on this? I have the AF coming up. Will cancel if it is not worth it.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business, 25K and up

got rejected for a biz card. reason was a personal bk 8 + yrs ago. biz is very stable 5+ yr track record. worth calling bofa reconsideration line?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I've never got a retention offer when cancelling this card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.