Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
For those that got the "after first purchase" version, what are your experience with how long the 25,000 miles took to post? Is it truly after first purchase, or do you need to wait until statement close?

In a pinch to get those miles asap so just wondering what a realistic turnaround time will be.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Applied and approved 11/23. Bonus miles posted 11 / 25. I don't think I even had the card at that point. I seem to recall someone saying that bonuses are processed on Saturday and show up on Monday.

Want to add that the offer that I had included $100 statement t credit after 1k spend and I met that by statement close on 12/21 and got the credit on 2/6.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:58 pm

Looking for more data points but can't seem to find anyone with more than 2 cards without any recon calls. I currently have 2 cards and am looking to apply for a 3rd. I need the points for a trip come October. Should I cancel one now and apply in September or roll the dice and just apply for a 3rd? Thanks in advance!

My first card was approved in January and my second card in April. I have two other BoA cards.

Last edited by sftravelninja; Aug 13, 2014 at 3:05 pm
Old Aug 13, 2014, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sftravelninja
Looking for more data points but can't seem to find anyone with more than 2 cards without any recon calls. I currently have 2 cards and am looking to apply for a 3rd. I need the points for a trip come October. Should I cancel one now and apply in September or roll the dice and just apply for a 3rd? Thanks in advance!

My first card was approved in January and my second card in April. I have two other BoA cards.
A total of 4 BofA cards and 2 of them are AS cards? Good luck in getting an approval on the 3rd one without closing any prior AS cards. The tradition of MBNA (which BofA bought several years ago to get in established CC business instead of being from start up) always look at all existing cards together when determine giving out another card, long before other banks are doing that.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I've gotten three AS personal cards in the last year. They're my only BOA cards and I'll likely keep all three long term for the companion passes.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: United, delta, AA, Alaskan, Frontier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Chase Sapphire
Rules about a 2nd card?

Tried to search this but couldn't find an answer. I got a card about 3 months ago and have 26000 miles. Can I apply for another card or do I need to close my current card and wait a certain amount of time? Thanks..
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:59 am

Does the CL you get approved for on the biz card impact the 25k Alaska mile bonus? I was only approved on biz card with $2k CL.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by shanna135
Tried to search this but couldn't find an answer. I got a card about 3 months ago and have 26000 miles. Can I apply for another card or do I need to close my current card and wait a certain amount of time? Thanks..
There is no rule against holding multiple cards. Also, there don't seem to be any repercussions for canceling early.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juggler451
Does the CL you get approved for on the biz card impact the 25k Alaska mile bonus? I was only approved on biz card with $2k CL.
If it is not a Visa Signature, you would get a significant lower bonus.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:35 pm

Just want to add to data point:
First AS card from 11/2013. Just got instantly approved for a second one without canceling the first. Will probably go ahead and cancel the first one before November.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by meerkatani
Just want to add to data point:
First AS card from 11/2013. Just got instantly approved for a second one without canceling the first. Will probably go ahead and cancel the first one before November.
Wait until your 2nd companion pass hits your mileage account before canceling. This will happen before the AF is due.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:51 am

Can the companion passes be given away to friends?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by yoyo
Can the companion passes be given away to friends?
You have to either be one of the travelers or you have to be the one who pays for the flight. I booked tickets for my brother and wife using one of my CPs and just used my AS card to do the booking and they reimbursed me. They had no problems with the flights.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:36 am

I did two browser trick. First app instantly approved, second has been pending for a week now. Do I have to call on the second app as it won't approve by itself?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone know if BofA allows two personal card approvals at the same time? Looking to get this and now the VA 90k card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.