Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by ycrimi
I just applied using that link and was approved - assuming offer is alive.
Thanks ycrimi, it worked now from home.

I used 2BM (for 1st time), and approved for both. How can I confirm I was really approved for 2 cards? I am suspicious because both cards have same credit limit $1x,000. My BOA doesn't show any credit card yet.

I will not call BOA, to avoid unintended attention to 2BM. Any other way?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Just instant approved for third AS Visa since last December using the 40K link above. The miles are nice, but as an MVPG on the edge of the route network, the companion pass is even better, especially since it renews every year. My first two saved me well over $500 each on multi-segment trips.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sanjuk
Thanks ycrimi, it worked now from home.

I used 2BM (for 1st time), and approved for both. How can I confirm I was really approved for 2 cards? I am suspicious because both cards have same credit limit $1x,000. My BOA doesn't show any credit card yet.

I will not call BOA, to avoid unintended attention to 2BM. Any other way?
No, other than patiently wait it out.

You can try the phone system but I am afraid the phone system would be totally confused as the data fed to it would be identical SSN, DOB, ZIP or Phone number.

What is the hurry to find out whether you get one or two? If you only get one, you would not call BofA anyway, so other than the urge to be satisfied, what difference does it make?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Mosaic
Received an interesting letter from Bank of America today.

About 3 weeks ago, I signed up for the 25K offer + $100 SC using the link in the wiki. After receiving my card, I called in to confirm my sign-up bonus. Spent the $1,000 After the first week.

Today, I received a letter from B of A saying that I wasn't eligible for the SC because I didn't sign-up for the offer during a flight purchase transaction.

Online chat was useless/powerless. Called the number on the BofA letter and spoke to a very nice CSR explaining everything and stated that I reliedon the information given to me by the first CSR.

After a brief hold, the CSR told me she would give me the $100 SC.

The lesson(s) I learned from this experience:

1. Confirm sign-up bonus.
2. Meet spend quickly.
3. Dispute letters/email from banks stating that you aren't eligible for offers.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Happy
It should. I dont see how this would be any different from the old Citi 2bm days. Just dont do this too close to 12:00am so then your 2nd app turned into a pumpkin. (the next date).

The key is they must be on the same day, and from the IDENTICAL entity (name and address). Hence the Citi personal and biz would not merge, nor the AA card would not merge with the HHonors card pull, as Citi tends to have different entity name / address generates the pulls.

For Chase and BofA, they seem to be the same.
Sorry if I missed it, but does one AS personal and a business count as one inquiry when done the same day?

Last edited by UA Fan; Jul 9, 2014 at 6:00 pm
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Sorry if I missed it, but does one AS personal and a business count as one inquiry?
Mine posted separately on 2 different credit bureaus.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
What is the hurry to find out whether you get one or two? If you only get one, you would not call BofA anyway, so other than the urge to be satisfied, what difference does it make?
If I know it is only 1 by today, I could apply for 2nd. BTW, I found a way via app status: https://www5.bankofamerica.com/credi...ecision.action

It is showing 2 alaska apps approved. It took ~13 hrs for the app to show up.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sanjuk
If I know it is only 1 by today, I could apply for 2nd. BTW, I found a way via app status: https://www5.bankofamerica.com/credi...ecision.action

It is showing 2 alaska apps approved. It took ~13 hrs for the app to show up.
That is good that the online status check does not get confused.

My experience with the online status check has been it completely confuses itself when there are 2 SSNs with the same zip code and last name. One showed up and the other got an error. It was the phone system that has one extra layer of checking (I did not remember it was phone number or what but there was one extra data point to verify than online) and the phone system was able to give me the status.

I guess if the SSN is the same, the online status check works accurately.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:02 pm

I just got my Alaska Airlines Visa card from BofA and I checked my Alaska Mileage Plan has 30,000 miles already. I have to call to activate my card. I am wondering if I never call to activate my card, or I activate then cancel it. Then I don't have to pay annual fee right? because for the sign up bonus of 30,000 miles upon approval, they don't waive the annual fee or give statement credit.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Originally Posted by joykid
I just got my Alaska Airlines Visa card from BofA and I checked my Alaska Mileage Plan has 30,000 miles already. I have to call to activate my card. I am wondering if I never call to activate my card, or I activate then cancel it. Then I don't have to pay annual fee right? because for the sign up bonus of 30,000 miles upon approval, they don't waive the annual fee or give statement credit.
This is just asking for the mileage bonus to be revoked. Believe it or not AS and BofA do keep tabs on this stuff and revokes miles for returned items. Now if you spent the miles and cancelled the card before you activated it, it might work but no promises.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:25 am
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
cmon guys, stop being such cheapskates... is $75 really worth burning both bridges? do you really wanna be banned from both BofA and Alaska and their respective programs that can be rather lucrative?

put things into perspective a little, dont be penny wise and pound foolish. $75 is peanuts compared to the value these 2 in a combo provide.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by FTRox87
cmon guys, stop being such cheapskates... is $75 really worth burning both bridges? do you really wanna be banned from both BofA and Alaska and their respective programs that can be rather lucrative?

put things into perspective a little, dont be penny wise and pound foolish. $75 is peanuts compared to the value these 2 in a combo provide.
You can't expect much from most people on here..
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:17 am

I applied earlier this week for two 30K personal cards (using 2BM) and received the 30-day pending notification. Would my best bet be to call in or wait it out and avoid drawing attention?

Thanks
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by joykid
I don't know why you think the airline or B of A would let you get away with 30,000 free miles in this fashion.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 4:19 pm

As happened to others above, my miles have also posted before I did the spend. I'm not looking to cancel like some people mentioned, but surprised at this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.