Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by raccah
So, you all freeze EX and then do the Apps and then unfreeze to continue working citi? Can this be done monthly, freezing and unfreezing, with the only real "cost" being some 10 bux a freeze/unfreeze - in each direction? thx!
Citi autopulls EX and EQ ("Exquifax") in my area, but still automatically approves me based on EQ alone when EX is frozen.

For EX only pullers I provide a PIN to the analyst or pay $5 to temporarily unfreeze if I need the automatic approval.

BoA wants EX for personal apps and TU for my business card apps. If those are frozen the analyst will pull which ever one I ask for.

Last edited by mrmandel; Apr 8, 2015 at 2:56 pm
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
2bm worked again via freeze, called in to pull other bureau.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 7:19 pm

Just a followup for why the one link has a $100 credit...

I did a 2BM app a couple of months ago, did the $1000 spend on both, got the $100 credit on one, didn't on the other, chat requested it through the BofA website and a few days later got the other $100 credit as well.

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail that says
Resolution to your inquiry: Your account doesn't qualify for the $100 statement credit offer because it wasn't opened online during a flight purchase transaction. Our record indicate your account was opened through an offer on the Alaska Airlines website homepage...

Bank of America offers a $100 statement credit to customers who:
1. Open a new Alaska Airlines Visa credit card account
2. Complete a ticket purchase on www.alaskaair.com
3. Use the card to make at least $1,000 in retail purchases within the first 90 days from the account open date.

Obviously they got their lines crossed in that they gave me the $100 anyway, but just so everyone's aware if you end up requesting it in the future...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethuel1
Just a followup for why the one link has a $100 credit...

I did a 2BM app a couple of months ago, did the $1000 spend on both, got the $100 credit on one, didn't on the other, chat requested it through the BofA website and a few days later got the other $100 credit as well.

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail that says
Resolution to your inquiry: Your account doesn't qualify for the $100 statement credit offer because it wasn't opened online during a flight purchase transaction. Our record indicate your account was opened through an offer on the Alaska Airlines website homepage...

Bank of America offers a $100 statement credit to customers who:
1. Open a new Alaska Airlines Visa credit card account
2. Complete a ticket purchase on www.alaskaair.com
3. Use the card to make at least $1,000 in retail purchases within the first 90 days from the account open date.

Obviously they got their lines crossed in that they gave me the $100 anyway, but just so everyone's aware if you end up requesting it in the future...
Thanks for posting the BofA letter.

There is no need to buy an AS ticket. The offer specifically says the credit is not tied to an Alaska airline ticket purchase.

May be the one you did not receive the credit automatically wasn't thru the correct link? May be BofA research dept simply did not have a clue. I am not convinced they know whether you buy an AS ticket or not. In fact, a few years ago this offer was handed out by AS FAs in flight on a card. There was no need to make a booking to apply.

Another possibility might be, the spend to meet $1K was completed / posted at the same time on both cards, and the system rejected the 2nd credit thinking it was a duplicate. Personally for anything 2BM, I would try to finish the spend requirement at different time so to avoid any such possible SNAFU as back in the AA cards 2BM hey days, some folks did not receive their 2nd 50K because their statements are cut on the same date and they finished their spend in the same month. While Citi sent the 2x 50K to AA, AA system rejected one, treating it as duplicate. Not saying this is the case of your missing 2nd $100, but it could be a possible clause.

Unless things have changed, on each card we opened thru the correct link, in a few weeks we got a letter from BofA telling us "now you have the card, make $1000 purchase in the next 90 days to earn $100 statement credit." Each time by the time the letter arrived we had already made the spend and received the $100 credit.

When you do a google search of Alaska Airlines credit card with $100 statement credit - the FIRST result brings up this offer as well.
This is on the offer page of the link posted in the Wiki:

The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card:

Get a $100 statement credit after making at least $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of your new credit card account open date. The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation that you just completed and will be applied 8-12 weeks after you make the qualifying purchases with your new card. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

In other words, the offer specifically states the Statement Credit is independent from the ticket purchased if there is any, but to the requisite $1000 spent in 90 days upon opening the account.

More data points would surface in coming weeks if there is any more folks need to chase their statement credits as there seems to be enough people doing the AS cards now.

Last edited by Happy; Apr 9, 2015 at 9:24 am Reason: Add content
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:36 am

I now have 3 AS Cards.

Did a 2BM yesterday and was approved instantly for the first one, but had to call in for the second.

The first phone rep I spoke with kept insisting that the "duplicate application" could not be reconsidered and suggested that I apply for a new card via phone with a similar offer. Obviously the rep was unable to come up with the exact same offer (points after approval, but no $100 statement credit).
I declined proceeding with the application and called in again to speak with someone more capable of understanding my needs.

This second attempt was much more smooth. She congratulated me on my first approval and even brought up the fact that I had a duplicate application. She asked if this was intentional and said that she can consider the second application at my request.
Approved for #2 over the phone. A much more pleasant experience.

I'll apply for another 2 in 4 months.

Questions for you guys: how soon are you closing your cards?
I plan on reducing my credit limit on each to $5,000 after my spend is complete and I receive all the bonuses/credits.
I want to keep these cards to show loyalty since I'm technically making $25 from the statement credit, but I don't know if having so many open with all this credit extended to me will impact decisions made on future accounts.

Thoughts?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by macrophage
I now have 3 AS Cards.

Did a 2BM yesterday and was approved instantly for the first one, but had to call in for the second.

The first phone rep I spoke with kept insisting that the "duplicate application" could not be reconsidered and suggested that I apply for a new card via phone with a similar offer. Obviously the rep was unable to come up with the exact same offer (points after approval, but no $100 statement credit).
I declined proceeding with the application and called in again to speak with someone more capable of understanding my needs.

This second attempt was much more smooth. She congratulated me on my first approval and even brought up the fact that I had a duplicate application. She asked if this was intentional and said that she can consider the second application at my request.
Approved for #2 over the phone. A much more pleasant experience.

I'll apply for another 2 in 4 months.

Questions for you guys: how soon are you closing your cards?
I plan on reducing my credit limit on each to $5,000 after my spend is complete and I receive all the bonuses/credits.
I want to keep these cards to show loyalty since I'm technically making $25 from the statement credit, but I don't know if having so many open with all this credit extended to me will impact decisions made on future accounts.

Thoughts?
So you had one card open, then you did a 2BM app for 2 more? How long between getting the first and doing the other 2 apps? Did the CSR even mention already having one open?

I'm also hoping for some data points on what successful churners of this card are doing about closing/not closing previous cards before reapplying.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
So you had one card open, then you did a 2BM app for 2 more? How long between getting the first and doing the other 2 apps? Did the CSR even mention already having one open?

I'm also hoping for some data points on what successful churners of this card are doing about closing/not closing previous cards before reapplying.
I was last approved on 12/5/14. I only applied for one card at that time as it was my first one and dealing with BoA is never fun (I did an AoR of some sorts, forgot the combo).

I felt like it was enough time (3+ months) between apps. I'm trying to diversify from Citi AA EXECs and looking for new things to get into. ^

People have been saying as long as they're able to approve you for the $5k limit, you're good to go.

Closing the first card is on my mind (6 month mark).
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
What is the typical time people:

1. cancel their card(s), if at all?
2. apply for the next batch of new ones?

Thanks!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:21 am

I am about to apply for my first 2 AS cards. What is the recommended approach..do a 2BM or one app at a time as long as it done on the same day?
Old Apr 9, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by heythere55
I am about to apply for my first 2 AS cards. What is the recommended approach..do a 2BM or one app at a time as long as it done on the same day?
Both work - You will probably see a denial on both if you submit them close together because the system gets confused.

Calling in is your best bet - they can see all your apps and you can have them go through both (or just one if one was actually auto approved by the system).
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by macrophage
Both work - You will probably see a denial on both if you submit them close together because the system gets confused.

Calling in is your best bet - they can see all your apps and you can have them go through both (or just one if one was actually auto approved by the system).
thanks..I applied using 2BM , clicked submit on one and immediately on another. One approved, one pending. Called in, approved for 2nd one, no questions asked. Lowered CL's on both just in case. sweet!
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by heythere55
thanks..I applied using 2BM , clicked submit on one and immediately on another. One approved, one pending. Called in, approved for 2nd one, no questions asked. Lowered CL's on both just in case. sweet!
Perfect! Congrats.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Thanks for posting the BofA letter.

There is no need to buy an AS ticket. The offer specifically says the credit is not tied to an Alaska airline ticket purchase.

May be the one you did not receive the credit automatically wasn't thru the correct link? May be BofA research dept simply did not have a clue. I am not convinced they know whether you buy an AS ticket or not. In fact, a few years ago this offer was handed out by AS FAs in flight on a card. There was no need to make a booking to apply.

Another possibility might be, the spend to meet $1K was completed / posted at the same time on both cards, and the system rejected the 2nd credit thinking it was a duplicate. Personally for anything 2BM, I would try to finish the spend requirement at different time so to avoid any such possible SNAFU as back in the AA cards 2BM hey days, some folks did not receive their 2nd 50K because their statements are cut on the same date and they finished their spend in the same month. While Citi sent the 2x 50K to AA, AA system rejected one, treating it as duplicate. Not saying this is the case of your missing 2nd $100, but it could be a possible clause.

Unless things have changed, on each card we opened thru the correct link, in a few weeks we got a letter from BofA telling us "now you have the card, make $1000 purchase in the next 90 days to earn $100 statement credit." Each time by the time the letter arrived we had already made the spend and received the $100 credit.

When you do a google search of Alaska Airlines credit card with $100 statement credit - the FIRST result brings up this offer as well.
This is on the offer page of the link posted in the Wiki:

The Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card:

Get a $100 statement credit after making at least $1,000 in purchases within 90 days of your new credit card account open date. The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation that you just completed and will be applied 8-12 weeks after you make the qualifying purchases with your new card. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer.

.................................................. .................................................. ......

In other words, the offer specifically states the Statement Credit is independent from the ticket purchased if there is any, but to the requisite $1000 spent in 90 days upon opening the account.

More data points would surface in coming weeks if there is any more folks need to chase their statement credits as there seems to be enough people doing the AS cards now.
I'm thinking it was just an error on the part of the research dept considering they gave me the $100 credit anyway. And I know I used the right link. The spending reqs were finished about 5 days apart.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sethuel1
I'm thinking it was just an error on the part of the research dept considering they gave me the $100 credit anyway. And I know I used the right link. The spending reqs were finished about 5 days apart.
Thank you for the additional data.

How much time lapse for you to get the $100 credit on the 2nd card before you contacted them? If it was less than 3 weeks, and just overlapping 2 statements due to timing, then it may still be normal. But if it took 2 statements, then it was not normal. Some system glitches might be the cause. Glad it only took minimal follow up to get it resolved for you.

I currently have 2 new cards - Card 2 finished spend on Apr 02. Card 1 on Apr 06. Hope the credits show up without the need to chase them as the statements were closed on the 8th - got a short cycle because cards were approved on 24th of March. AF were billed BEFORE I even had cards in hand. We also will leave for a very long trip in 10 days so I truly hope there is no hiccup on the credits.

Previously the shortest wait was 8 days, the longest was just under 3 weeks. Did not follow up in the past, the credits eventually showed up.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:24 pm

I applied two personal in one day two months ago and the 100 credits came 12 days apart even though they were approved on the same day, with the same statement closing day and received into my mailbox on the same day. The 25K miles, however, did show up on my account on the same day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.