Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
I saw this post on BoardingArea about the 2,500 mile referral offer and then read this language in the T&C of the $100 Statement Credit after $1,000 spending offer:
Statement Credit Offer. You will qualify for a $100 statement credit if you use your new credit card account to make any combination of Purchase transactions totaling at least $1,000 (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 90 days of the account open date. Limit one (1) statement credit per new account. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional statement credit offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Allow 8-12 weeks from qualifying for the statement credit to post to your account. The statement credit will generally be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your Total Minimum Payment shown on each Statement you receive from us. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
I've tried to read through a lot of the last few pages of posts and can't seem to find any affirmatives that the $100 statement credit does indeed post on one's non-initial cards.

I've gotten 1x for all family members now and ready to go for the 2nd and 3rd of these cards so wanted to understand whether it's best to just use the referral links to make these 27,500 per app essentially and eat the $75 annual fee or whether it's worth spending $1,000 on each card to generate the $100 SC.

Thanks.
Tagging along this question, are there datapoints suggesting that one would receive all the signup offers listed in the welcome package?

My second card mentioned the 25k bonus points as well as $100 statement credit after $1000 of spending.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Now BofA apps ask it you're an American citizen or merely a permanent resident. So...have any of you had a problem getting approved b/c you checked off the latter? Is there any other documentation they've ever asked you for b/c of that?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Preacher7
Now BofA apps ask it you're an American citizen or merely a permanent resident. So...have any of you had a problem getting approved b/c you checked off the latter? Is there any other documentation they've ever asked you for b/c of that?
I am neither and got approved for my first two a couple months ago. I think it's for data collection purposes. Most likely won't affect your application outcome. As long as you have a US address and social security number you should be fine.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by msfrugalista
I am neither and got approved for my first two a couple months ago. I think it's for data collection purposes. Most likely won't affect your application outcome. As long as you have a US address and social security number you should be fine.
Good to know. Has anyone who checked off permanent resident on their app had any complications/delays with their apps, directly related to them checking off P.R. instead of Citizen?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dajoip
I just submitted 3 applications for this card this morning after freezing my Experian report last week (Chase, AMEX, Citi, and BoA all pull Experian in MI) - all went pending as expected. I called the Bi-lingual line and spoke to a very friendly/helpful rep, who informed me that all the apps had been declined because of the freeze, but quickly agreed to pull my Equifax report instead (which is only pulled by Discover in MI, and I only have one active inquiry from 11 months ago). Before today's apps, I had a BankAmericard Better Balance card with an $8k CL, and an existing AS card with a $13k CL ($21k total CL with BoA). The rep told me he couldn't approve me for any more credit (a bit of a surprise there, with a 797 Equifax score last month and perfect credit history), but he'd work with me to reallocate my limits. We reduced the Better Balance card to a $1k CL, the existing AS card to a $5k CL, and he then approved all 3 applications with the "leftover" $15k CL that we'd created. Couldn't be more impressed with the rep and his willingness to work through the process with me! Should be a fairly easy 75k AS miles, as well as $75 (assuming the correct application link is used, is the $100 credited on every approved app?) - I'd say that was easily worth the $10 fee for freezing Experian!
What a beautiful thing, 75k AS miles for a single Equifax inquiry! And yes, I know I've got a long way to go to catch up to some of you long-time churners! Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
I saw this post on BoardingArea about the 2,500 mile referral offer and then read this language in the T&C of the $100 Statement Credit after $1,000 spending offer:
Statement Credit Offer. You will qualify for a $100 statement credit if you use your new credit card account to make any combination of Purchase transactions totaling at least $1,000 (exclusive of any fees, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 90 days of the account open date. Limit one (1) statement credit per new account. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional statement credit offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Allow 8-12 weeks from qualifying for the statement credit to post to your account. The statement credit will generally be applied to your existing balance with the highest APR before being applied to any balances with lower APRs. Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your Total Minimum Payment shown on each Statement you receive from us. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
I've tried to read through a lot of the last few pages of posts and can't seem to find any affirmatives that the $100 statement credit does indeed post on one's non-initial cards.

I've gotten 1x for all family members now and ready to go for the 2nd and 3rd of these cards so wanted to understand whether it's best to just use the referral links to make these 27,500 per app essentially and eat the $75 annual fee or whether it's worth spending $1,000 on each card to generate the $100 SC.

Thanks.
Maybe a different link? I applied in early Feb, got one approved for a Sig, and got the $100 statement credit. The second card was approved for a Plat, had to be replaced with a Sig, which took 2 months but when I did the spend I got the $100 credit to that card too.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by dajoip
What a beautiful thing, 75k AS miles for a single Equifax inquiry! And yes, I know I've got a long way to go to catch up to some of you long-time churners! Thanks for all the great info in this thread!

Hey, more than what I have ^
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA
Just did my first ever attempt at multiple applications for any card, using my fiancee's referral link.

Tried a 3BM--two were approved instantly with $17500 CL each and the other got pending. Happy with two if I get the signup bonus for both!

I assume she'll only get the referral bonus for one of them, but it would sure be nice to get two or three!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I got the impression on another thread that applying for 1 personal card and 1 business card at the same time will result in 2 HP; whereas 2 personal apps on the same day will only result in 1 HP. Is this correct? Also, I read on a blog that when churning this card, we should leave the FF number blank, then later call to combine the accounts. Is this still true? Does this apply to getting a personal and a biz card, or just 2 personal?

First part is true. Second part is not.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by chrisremo
Just did my first ever attempt at multiple applications for any card, using my fiancee's referral link.

Tried a 3BM--two were approved instantly with $17500 CL each and the other got pending. Happy with two if I get the signup bonus for both!

I assume she'll only get the referral bonus for one of them, but it would sure be nice to get two or three!
What is the referral bonus?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by zer0k1
What is the referral bonus?
http://runningwithmiles.boardingarea...this-is-great/
Old Apr 21, 2015, 5:48 pm

Probably going to apply for a few personal cards soon. My wife has the card and I can use her referral link, but doesn't it make more sense to use the link with $100 SC, even with the $1000 spend requirement?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
looking at how crazily everyone is applying for 3-4 of these at once this is sure to die soon
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:44 pm

Its been a while i applied this card. Is there any advantage using referral link? I applied this card when there was 50k offer i believe beginning of 2014 and cancelled it in 2014 end. Is it safe to apply it again? Can i apply in three incognito tabs of chrome? I havent applied any card in last 2 months and score is around 760, do i need to freeze equifax?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by techoin
looking at how crazily everyone is applying for 3-4 of these at once this is sure to die soon
All the more reason to apply for eleventy-seven of then NOW !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.