Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
How long are you guys generally waiting between apps? I've read the entire thread from start to finish, and there isn't a ton of info on this or really any consensus. I know the AS card has no hard-and-fast rules a la Citi, but is there a general sense? 30 days? 90 days? 6 months?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by callmedtop
How long are you guys generally waiting between apps? I've read the entire thread from start to finish, and there isn't a ton of info on this or really any consensus. I know the AS card has no hard-and-fast rules a la Citi, but is there a general sense? 30 days? 90 days? 6 months?
Everyone has a different cycle for AS, and BoA in general.

Rule of thumb: if you are able to get approved at the 5k credit limit minimum for the Signature card, you are good to go.

Frequency is irrelevant as it is specific to each person credit risk profile. What matters is BoA approving you for another card.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:57 am

App down?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by nrdk
App down?
Works for me.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Has anyone tried 2BM on the business cards? Both hubby and I got the 2BM on the personal cards and both are approved after calling the same day.

We both actually own a legit business and have EIN. We are wondering if anyone has tried 2BM on the business cards and success...
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by macrophage
Works for me.
Weird, mine kept erroring out for the last half hour, however finally just loaded. Need to call since EXP/EQ are on ice.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:17 am

Weird, mine kept erroring out for the last half hour, however finally just loaded. Need to call since EXP/EQ are on ice.
Try opening the link in a new browser, clearing cookies or in a private window.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by macrophage
Everyone has a different cycle for AS, and BoA in general. What matters is BoA approving you for another card.
But you know that after the fact. What the OP wanted to know is when to apply to have a decent shot at getting that approval.

I too wish that those who are successfully churning this card, and getting approved for Sigs, would post how frequently they are applying, and for how many at a time. Everyone may be doing it differently, but data points are still good to have.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
But you know that after the fact. What the OP wanted to know is when to apply to have a decent shot at getting that approval.

I too wish that those who are successfully churning this card, and getting approved for Sigs, would post how frequently they are applying, and for how many at a time. Everyone may be doing it differently, but data points are still good to have.
My data point and actually how comfortable I feel would be 2BM every 3 months with reducing credit lines / closing out old cards.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by Kachine
1.5 Year Credit History, score 711, income 60K only get approved a CL $1500 Platinum Plus Account.. I really want to know can I cancel this meaningless account?! Not useful any more..
Of course you can cancel that card. I wouldn't want to pay $50 ( the AF for a Plat card) for 3K miles either. You can just call up the Recon department and ask them to cancel it, and not have to pay the AF.

But if you look back through this thread, you will see that, although it's a PITA, you can often get B of A to replace that card with a true Signature card and 25K mile sign up bonus. But if you want to do that, make sure you read the posts on that a while back in this thread. They cannot just upgrade your card, they have to go thru a 6 to 8 week complicated process to have it work.

Better yet, if you just applied today, I'd suggest you do another app right away. Hopefully, that one will go to pending, or be initially declined. In either case, despite the low CL they just approved you for, there is a good chance a Recon CSR could approve that next app for a $5K Sig card, with the 25K mile bonus you applied for.

Assuming you first app was today, and you apply again today:

If you are lucky, they will do the HP on the next app with the same CB as they used for the first one. And those two will "merge", and you will only get one HP no matter how many apps you do today.

Good Luck.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 1:09 pm

Well this is annoying, called in since EQ/EX are on ice and got a credit analyst that was nice but had to be led by the nose.

Took a couple minutes to explain the situation (yes I want 2 cards, EQ/EX frozen, etc etc) and make sure she knew what I was looking for and got her to reopen both applications and pull TU.

Was 'approved', however she stated that she couldn't tell me if they were Signature or not, and couldn't tell me the credit limit either, but stated it would most likely be Signatures since I have an excellent credit report (second TU pull in the last 2 years).

Had thought about doing a 3rd app, but without knowing CL and with this being my first stab at BoA I'm definitely hesitant. Anyone else run into the issue with not being able to find out the CL/Sig status on cards but being 'approved'?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 2:39 pm

Well this is annoying, called in since EQ/EX are on ice and got a credit analyst that was nice but had to be led by the nose.

Took a couple minutes to explain the situation (yes I want 2 cards, EQ/EX frozen, etc etc) and make sure she knew what I was looking for and got her to reopen both applications and pull TU.

Was 'approved', however she stated that she couldn't tell me if they were Signature or not, and couldn't tell me the credit limit either, but stated it would most likely be Signatures since I have an excellent credit report (second TU pull in the last 2 years).

Had thought about doing a 3rd app, but without knowing CL and with this being my first stab at BoA I'm definitely hesitant. Anyone else run into the issue with not being able to find out the CL/Sig status on cards but being 'approved'?
Why is your credit reports frozen? Just curious?
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by woow14610
Why is your credit reports frozen? Just curious?
Read back a few pages on this thread and you'll find out.

It's partly to avoid getting HPs on the most widely used credit bureaus. But mostly to increase the odds of getting approved for Signature AS cards, with 25K mile sign up bonuses, rather than Platinum AS cards with 3K to 5K mile bonuses.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:15 pm

That is just crazy. The job of a Recon CSR is to decide how much CL to approve you for. Every time I've called, they just say "sure, I can approve your app for a Signature card". But to not only not be able to approve you for it, but not even tell what happened after you are approved?

I know I'm saying this way too late, but when you get a CSR that clueless, as you could tell at the beginning of the call, it's best to tell them "sorry, FedEx is at the door needing a signature, I'll have to call you back". Then wait a minute or two for that CSR to go on to another caller, and call back and get someone more competent.

Definitely call in again right now, and find someone to tell you what you are approved for. If it's two Plats, you'll want to cancel them, and apply all over again, making sure you have a Recon CSR this time who can make sure you get the 2 Sigs.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Brugge
Read back a few pages on this thread and you'll find out.

It's partly to avoid getting HPs on the most widely used credit bureaus. But mostly to increase the odds of getting approved for Signature AS cards, with 25K mile sign up bonuses, rather than Platinum AS cards with 3K to 5K mile bonuses.
Mostly the first part for myself, I live in Iowa so Barclays won't get near me (damn consumer protection laws ). Due to that fact, my TU is completely clean other than a single Cap One pull from their 3 bureau BS. Second part is nice, but without the analyst being able to provide info I'm in the hurry up and wait camp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.