Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
It's useless to say that you were approved/denied on your "high income" because 1. legally financial institutions do not make decisions on your income, but rather derivatives of it such as your debt ratio and 2. your "high income" may be my pocket change.
Not approval/denial per se, but over in the Chase forum I just saw some datapoint where Chase told someone that wouldn't allow them to have a total CL more than 60% of their income.

But, of course, every bank is different, and that may not be how BofA does things.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
The $100 credit offer is officially only available while buying a ticket on the Alaska website. The fact that it was copied to here (and has to be re-copied at times) by someone who was doing that doesn't mean that it's officially widely available or that it's available for "matching".

It is still going on only for those who are purchasing tickets on the Alaska website at the time they applied, officially. Why would they match it if you weren't doing that when you applied, and didn't take care to use the right link either?
If BofA system is smart enough it can see whether the application is going thru the path of booking tickets on AS site - Chase definitely can see whether people's applications on the IHG 80K $50 statement credit is thru the booking process or not because the denial of the $50 on the matching request specifically told the requester his application wasn't coming thru that particular path.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Got 30K offer in mail yesterday for me and spouse... No min spending.. 25K on approval and 5K after first purchase... No AF waived
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by desikid
Got 30K offer in mail yesterday for me and spouse... No min spending.. 25K on approval and 5K after first purchase... No AF waived
did the offer have an invitation code or just a generic link?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
I have the AS card since spring 2015. I have applied for the 2nd card 3 times since then. All denied. I get regular approvals from Citi, Chase and Amex.
Just closed original AS card. Will try again in a month or so and report back.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmiles
I have the AS card since spring 2015. I have applied for the 2nd card 3 times since then. All denied. I get regular approvals from Citi, Chase and Amex.
Just closed original AS card. Will try again in a month or so and report back.
Actually, could you please complete your existing report right now? You didn't explain what reason BofA gave for each denial. Just knowing that you were denied doesn't explain much.

Last edited by sdsearch; Mar 3, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Can't believe how much of a stealing buying points is and then cashing in for partner redemptions. Had enough points in my account to book Emirates J from JFK-DXB-DAR and then I spent about $1,000 on points to cover the return journey.

How long is this going to last given the environment we're in?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The $100 credit offer is officially only available while buying a ticket on the Alaska website. The fact that it was copied to here (and has to be re-copied at times) by someone who was doing that doesn't mean that it's officially widely available or that it's available for "matching".

It is still going on only for those who are purchasing tickets on the Alaska website at the time they applied, officially. Why would they match it if you weren't doing that when you applied, and didn't take care to use the right link either?
This is not entirely true. I know of at least 2 offer codes that have the $100 statement credit. One of them is available during purchase of an AS ticket and is linked to in the wiki of this thread. This offer actually releases your card number and CVV upon instant approval, and redirects you back to the AS website with the card info pre-populated so you can check out seamlessly.

Another is available immediately after purchasing an AS ticket. Here's the offer link for that offer. Note the wording "The $100 statement credit offer is not tied to the Alaska Airlines reservation that you just completed" on the offer page.

I applied through each of these offers a little over a month ago and was instantly approved for both. About 2 weeks after receiving my cards in the mail, I received a letter (one for each card) to remind me of the $100 statement credit.

Last edited by hypertext; Mar 3, 2016 at 2:47 pm
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
My AF is due. Should I cancel and then re-apply? If so, how long should I wait. Or just apply first?
I only have one AS card open now.
I was hoping to get another now and then one more before the offer changes in a couple months. Is that possible?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 7:50 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Code in wiki worked like a champ; instant approval, website allowed be to print out card details, use immediately.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:39 am

Why can't I find the code in the wiki?

Originally Posted by diver858
Code in wiki worked like a champ; instant approval, website allowed be to print out card details, use immediately.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:21 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
Originally Posted by ninim2200
did the offer have an invitation code or just a generic link?
Invitation code...
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
Originally Posted by desikid
Invitation code...
Does entering the invitation code perhaps redirect you to a generic offer page?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by hypertext
Does entering the invitation code perhaps redirect you to a generic offer page?
Apologies - LINK
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:56 am

I applied today using first link in wiki and approved only for 4k, last time I applied in April 15 for 3 cards and all approved over 5K. I cancelled one card in Jan 16 and reduced limit on other 2 cards to 2 K. Would I get 25K or less? Can I request to upgrade to signature card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.