Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 28, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by philemer
I used the application status link in wiki and her card was approved this AM.
^
For what credit line was she approved? Did the application status link provide that information?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:03 am
Suspended

Has anyone snuck in apps in under three months? I applied 1/12 and wanted to get 2 new apps in before the 30k app comes out, but I'm more than a bit hesitant. Credit limit lowered on all my cards last night, so that should be good.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by akcae
You don't need to make a reservation, only start the process and get to the check-out screen, where the CC app link shows up. You can then go through and apply and simply abandon/cancel the reservation in process.
Maybe I was not clear , I was trying to say---- why do you need to even
start with a reservation when the wiki has the $100 offer --- or am I missing something?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:09 am

Any data points on getting multiple BOFA cards when having opened 5-10+ other (Non BOFA) cards in last 6-12 months? Seeing more and more banks now looking and declining for too many new products across the board.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:53 am

I currently have personal AS (total CL of 18K) and biz AS cards (total CL of 35K). I have opened 6 cards YTD, and 11 in the last 6 months.

I applied for a personal four weeks ago via the link above, and got rejected because of too many recent open accounts.

Today I froze my Experieen report, applied for a personal card via the link in the wiki. It got rejected (as expected). I called the Business card Recon Line, had them transfer me to the consumer lending side. The analyst who attended my call informed me that the reject was due to their inability to pull the report. I asked if he could pull TU, he said yes, and came back not two minutes later and congratulated me on being approved for a personal card with a CL of $18,000 (i.e. doubling my existing personal CL).

Last AS app (that failed): 2/25/2016
Last personal AS app (that succeeded): April 2015
Last business AS app (that succeeded): Oct 2015
Old Mar 28, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by ukinny2000
I currently have personal AS (total CL of 18K) and biz AS cards (total CL of 35K). I have opened 6 cards YTD, and 11 in the last 6 months.

6 and 11 cards from BOFA or across the board?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 4:20 pm

Across the board
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:13 pm

Quick question: Should I first cancel my 3 Alaska Airlines Signature Visa cards (2 personal, 1 business) before applying for more?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist -> AA Executive Platinum, BAEC Gold, Spirit Lifetime Somebody
I requested upgrades via credit consolidation from my 3 Platinum Plus cards into 2 Visa Signatures and the first one has been finalized. It took a little over a month, but the 20k extra points posted (as 19k + 1k separate line items, for some reason) to my AS account without having to ask for them.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:38 am
jk2

Originally Posted by brosenberg0
Any data points on getting multiple BOFA cards when having opened 5-10+ other (Non BOFA) cards in last 6-12 months? Seeing more and more banks now looking and declining for too many new products across the board.
If your app is declined, then I would say you have ~0% chance to get it approved via recon. Nowadays, Bofa is very very sensitive to the number of inquires. You may have a chance (especially, if you have a banking/investing relationship with BoFA), but it's a gamble.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by jk2
If your app is declined, then I would say you have ~0% chance to get it approved via recon. Nowadays, Bofa is very very sensitive to the number of inquires. You may have a chance (especially, if you have a banking/investing relationship with BoFA), but it's a gamble.
I have banked with BOFA for close to 9 years now. They are my main bank and I have not had any BOFA CCs before.

So if they are sensitive to inquiries (as opposed to new accounts) is it worth it to Freeze EX first? I assume then the app will be auto declined and Ill need to call recon to pull TU instead.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 6:52 am
rev

On my most recent AS app in Feb, I had 9 apps in the last year. 6 were EX - the bureau they pull for me - and one of those was another AS card, which was still open at the time. I lowered it to a $2k CL two weeks before applying. Auto approval with one of the largest CLs I've ever gotten.

Originally Posted by joer1212
Quick question: Should I first cancel my 3 Alaska Airlines Signature Visa cards (2 personal, 1 business) before applying for more?
Wouldn't hurt to close a personal, but three personals can be done. Any more and you'd be pushing it. Lower your limits before you apply too, if you haven't already.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by rev
On my most recent AS app in Feb, I had 9 apps in the last year. 6 were EX - the bureau they pull for me - and one of those was another AS card, which was still open at the time. I lowered it to a $2k CL two weeks before applying. Auto approval with one of the largest CLs I've ever gotten.
Any reason you did not freeze EX and ask to pull TU instead?

Also -when you did this in Feb, how many were you able to get?
Old Mar 29, 2016, 9:59 am
rev

Any reason you did not freeze EX and ask to pull TU instead?

Also -when you did this in Feb, how many were you able to get?
Only one app that time. Now that I reread your post, I originally thought you meant opening a card with multiple cards open, instead of applying for multiple cards at once. If I remember correctly, people are still able to get a personal and business, but there's been many data points that despite the fact it's not 'a rule' you can't get two personals in one day, it's virtually impossible, even with recon.

I didn't freeze because I wasn't worried enough about my odds of approval vs the cost and trouble of having a frozen report. I'm fortunate I live in an area where Chase and Barclays pull TU, and Citi and Amex pull EX, so my apps have been pretty spread out for the last few years. Now that Chase apps are virtually impossible for me now, a freeze is certainly a consideration I will be making soon.
Old Mar 29, 2016, 11:40 am

Wouldn't hurt to close a personal, but three personals can be done. Any more and you'd be pushing it. Lower your limits before you apply too, if you haven't already.
How do you lower your limit? Do you call them and request a credit line decrease? Sounds like an odd thing to ask for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.