Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:47 am

[/PHP][/PHP]
Originally Posted by mnscout
Is anyone concerned about this invitation only bit? Who has gotten a confirmation of the 50K bonus?
According to the blogger CandianKilometers, the email that was sent out to targeted individuals indicate that this offer is targeted to Washington residents (no doubt beefing up against Delta's attack).

Still went for it and was approved; we'll see if the bonuses are awarded nonetheless.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kakes88
Will try again. Which number did u call?
Dial same number. It's just a matter of getting a more experienced CSR.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by llbad
How long do offers like this generally remain open? I'm torn between a few cards but would like to grab this one if it is going to go back down in the near future.
There is no such thing as "generally". You'll know it's down when it's down
Old Dec 11, 2013, 1:44 pm

I was approved last night but still do not have an email confirmation. Is that typical for this card?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Chatted with CSR... confirmed 50k bonus! I reside in Tx and got my last AS personal visa in Oct 2012!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by audio-nut
I was approved last night but still do not have an email confirmation. Is that typical for this card?
Same boat--wondering the same thing Re: no email.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: all, none, somewhere in between
Originally Posted by audio-nut
50K offer now available

https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VAB3E8#b

25,000 Bonus Miles upon approval
25,000 Bonus Miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date
Any word on how long this offer will last?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: all, none, somewhere in between
I'd applied for this and been approved on 11/15. I hadn't even activated the card yet.

I called up, and the initial rep was unwilling/unable to match this offer... and frankly seemed totally confused on how to even look into it (tried to forward me to Alaska Airlines).

The manager said I'd have to apply and open a new account. After a while, he came up with the idea of them transferring my account to a new one with the bonus. I told him I didn't want another hard credit hit, so he submitted the request and the question about credit to the 'corporate manager' and said he'd call me back and let me know what the situation is, whether I can get the bonus on my recent approval, etc.

I'll update if/when I hear back.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I applied and got the well get back to you in 30 days, waititned about 1 hour then called reconsideration line, after a few questions to verify its me they put me on hold, about 5 minutes later came back and asked why i have been applying for so much recent credit, told them my travel patersn have recently changed and i got some new cards for the benefits with my new travel providers, said she could approve me. if its still around this evening will have the wife also apply.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 6:20 pm

Had to go for a mini-AOR in light of this offer. Got approved for Citi Hilton (my third), US Airways (my 3rd too, but closed the first two earlier this year), and Alaska after a call. The CSR was also unable to confirm the second 25K part of the bonus, so will call again tomorrow. Still thinking what else to apply for since the day is still young. Thanks OP for posting this offer.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by kakes88
Chatted with CSR... confirmed 50k bonus! I reside in Tx and got my last AS personal visa in Oct 2012!
When did you cancel your card? Or do you still have it?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

When did you cancel your card? Or do you still have it?
I've read many reports of folks having 2 or 3 BofA AS cards at once. Ignore the fine print.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:29 pm

So I applied even though I got the card in the past 12 months, we'll see what happens. Gonna have to call in to get approved, as usual with BofA, but been a customer for 15+ years, so shouldnt be an issue, hopefully.

Sucks because the wife just applied last week for 2 25K offers, biz and personal, eh.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:41 am

How do we know what version of the card you were approved for? It just said I was approved with a $5k limit. Does that mean it's the signature version? Is the only way to find out to call?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by qeratify
How do we know what version of the card you were approved for? It just said I was approved with a $5k limit. Does that mean it's the signature version? Is the only way to find out to call?
Same boat. To be frank, too lazy to call and deal with another CSR in 2013

I'm playing it by ear. Not even sure that kind of decision can be appealed, no?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.