Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Yes. I have done this several times. For me, with BofA, I have found it works better when I apply by phone (Chase, Citi, etc. I'll apply online) - since I don't expect an instant approval. After the agent submits the application, I will get transferred over to a credit analyst for an instant decision. After a few minutes on the phone with the credit analyst, and some credit moved around, the new application gets approved. Bottom line is you can move credit lines around.
Thx so much; I really appreciate your insight. Do u or anyone else know: if you're approved for the non signature version with the paltry 5k bonus, could u shift CL around with an analyst post approval to get the signature version? I just don't want to be stuck with the lesser version and no Signature bonus, you know?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Thanks. You should add that to the wiki for this thread (which presently has nothing about when and how the credit posts).

My credit showed up online today (with a posting date of yesterday). So it showed up 12 days after meeting spend.
And you are so worried about the definition of "retail". lol.

Use some common sense - if the credit does not show up automatically, there would be A Ton of Posts in this thread in the past 18 months the link has been available.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Use some common sense - if the credit does not show up automatically, there would be A Ton of Posts in this thread in the past 18 months the link has been available.
That should be the point of a wiki. I haven't read this thread for the past 18 months. I started reading (still sporadically) right when there were all those posts about "BofA says I have to bring my letter in to a physical bank to prove I'm owed the credit", and I never saw a refuting of those posts saying they didn't need to do that. But again, I might not have read the right posts.

Not everyone has the time to read every post of a thread this long. And in any long thread, if you read just a sampling of the posts, if you happen to catch the wrong sampling, you can get the wrong idea.

And not every card from every bank works as smoothly as this one does (if you know what to wait for and for how long to wait).

Every card from every bank works differently. It's hard to keep them all straight.

I was only focusing on the "retail" because I couldn't find any information about if/when the credit posts (and I'm used to banks where stuff only posts on the statement).

Anyway, I quoted you in the wiki to solve that. I hope you don't mind.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jun 29, 2014 at 8:16 am
Old Jun 29, 2014, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
That should be the point of a wiki. I haven't read this thread for the past 18 months. I started reading (still sporadically) right when there were all those posts about "BofA says I have to bring my letter in to a physical bank to prove I'm owed the credit", and I never saw a refuting of those posts saying they didn't need to do that. But again, I might not have read the right posts.

Not everyone has the time to read every post of a thread this long. And in any long thread, if you read just a sampling of the posts, if you happen to catch the wrong sampling, you can get the wrong idea.

And not every card from every bank works as smoothly as this one does (if you know what to wait for and for how long to wait).

Every card from every bank works differently. It's hard to keep them all straight.

I was only focusing on the "retail" because I couldn't find any information about if/when the credit posts (and I'm used to banks where stuff only posts on the statement).

Anyway, I quoted you in the wiki to solve that. I hope you don't mind.
Feel free to add to the Wiki but caution must be taken - that no one maintains the accuracy of the Wiki when information can become outdated - that is why a Wiki is not always a good thing. Very few threads have a constantly updated Wiki like the Citi AA cards or those MS threads. Relying solely on the Wiki could be a very Bad Idea.

People should follow threads that they are interested in, at least read the last few months posts to get informed, especially on a long-running thread.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:10 am

Does the Alaska Airlines credit card ever have increased sign up bonuses, or are these pretty much the offers year round?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by travelerscott
Does the Alaska Airlines credit card ever have increased sign up bonuses, or are these pretty much the offers year round?
There was a 50 K offer for personal card in Dec 2013.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gv111
There was a 50 K offer for personal card in Dec 2013.
But it only lasted for very short time. So if you weren't checking often enough, or if you didn't act on it the moment you saw it, you might not have been able to get in on it.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 12:44 pm
Formerly known as FTRox87

Programs: AA/US 1M, AS, BA, CX, EK, EY, JL, KE, LH, NH, OS, QF, QR, TG, UA/CO | *$G
well it has 3 diff offers right now...

and yes it does have slightly higher and 'better' offers (than the current highest one.)
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:29 am

Programs: Avios, AMEX, AeroPlan, BMO, AS, WestJet
YYZ and cdn native here, we have a similar AS with only 25k and $75 annual fee, which isnt too bad to accumlate points over the years. However, my question is what is everyone really finding the best value redemption for AS points, say we can get 100k AS...

from my initial understanding its for luxury bus/first class travel on CX/EK/QR, but i dont mind Y or economy, as i see flights just as a means to get from point A->B \

Lastly are there any perks like stopovers allowed or mini-rtws or something similar in nature?
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:33 am

Alaska allows stopovers even on one way tickets.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by travisair
Alaska allows stopovers even on one way tickets.
Only on intl itineraries.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: Avios, AMEX, AeroPlan, BMO, AS, WestJet
im going to have to do some thread digging and reading all about the AS mileage program then if theres reasonable ground to get the points.. esp since were very limited here in canada.

however, when you say stop over, and since im in YYZ based, and obviously flying int'l (so i think i qualify according to above poster) and AS metal doesnt come here so id have to resort to something like AA for my trips (say south america) will i still qualify for these benefits if i chose AA metal from yyz for int'l stop over?

Also maybe i shouldnt post in here, im going to go read through the wikis and etc now that i know the points will be relatively worth while
Old Jul 4, 2014, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by microcosm
im going to have to do some thread digging and reading all about the AS mileage program then if theres reasonable ground to get the points.. esp since were very limited here in canada.

however, when you say stop over, and since im in YYZ based, and obviously flying int'l (so i think i qualify according to above poster) and AS metal doesnt come here so id have to resort to something like AA for my trips (say south america) will i still qualify for these benefits if i chose AA metal from yyz for int'l stop over?

Also maybe i shouldnt post in here, im going to go read through the wikis and etc now that i know the points will be relatively worth while
you know there is an AS forum right on the same site. You should check the AS forum to search for pertinent threads, as well as asking questions.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
2 gift cards would totally take care of it and the card back to the drawer.
Willing to share if there are any brands that BoA consider cash advance? I've tried OV and Meta VGC, waiting to see how they post. But heading overseas for a few months soon, like to get it knocked out before then.

Got two cards approved last week. Interestingly gave me a new AS MP number, the same new number, for both accounts. Not sure if I mistyped my number on application or what.

Last edited by maverick17; Jul 5, 2014 at 1:40 am
Old Jul 5, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maverick17
Willing to share if there are any brands that BoA consider cash advance? I've tried OV and Meta VGC, waiting to see how they post. But heading overseas for a few months soon, like to get it knocked out before then.

Got two cards approved last week. Interestingly gave me a new AS MP number, the same new number, for both accounts. Not sure if I mistyped my number on application or what.
Did you use 2BM to get 2 cards? Were you actually put in your MP number on app or left it blank?

It is not the brand but where you get such - meaning how the merchants code such transactions.

As long as you are buying them from a retailer's POS, they are coded as purchases. So far nothing contradicts has been ever reported so not sure where you got your data points from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.