Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
So If I apply for this card? It will be UA miles?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
So If I apply for this card? It will be UA miles?
No, these are Alaska Air miles. You can use it to book flights on Alaska and their partners like AA & Delta. You cant mix airlines on awards either or book one way awards. Good card though.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:40 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Award availability of Alaska miles on partners?

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
No, these are Alaska Air miles. You can use it to book flights on Alaska and their partners like AA & Delta. You cant mix airlines on awards either or book one way awards. Good card though.
I checked the award availability for AA and Delta. AA is pretty good. I can't get any for Delta.

For folks here, how do you find the award availability of Alaska miles on partners?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by opus2002
I checked the award availability for AA and Delta. AA is pretty good. I can't get any for Delta.

For folks here, how do you find the award availability of Alaska miles on partners?
Depends which partners. For oneworld airlines (CX, BA, QF), use either BA.com or Qantas.com.

Anyway, I applied for this yesterday and didn't get instantly approved. I called the app status line today, entered my info, and got a "congrats you've been approved." Score ^
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to friends, family, compatriots; not crooked multi-national corporations
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I've always applied for the Alaska card (or any other MBNA/BofA card) using the 800# and priority code listed. Once the app process is done, I get transferred over to the credit dept where I get approved with the CL needed (i.e. for Alaska always enough to get the signature and the max bonus), so there are no surprises when the card comes.
Thanks for this tip. If I don't have the mailer with me, is the priority code the 7 numbers in the url?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by infamousdx
Depends which partners. For oneworld airlines (CX, BA, QF), use either BA.com or Qantas.com.

Anyway, I applied for this yesterday and didn't get instantly approved. I called the app status line today, entered my info, and got a "congrats you've been approved." Score ^
Thanks. Would it be safe to assume that AA award can be use only on the "saver" or whatever equivalent of the lowest award available at the partner?

Also, has anyone been able to use AA miles on Delta?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by infamousdx

Thanks for the tip! I applied for the Mrs on Friday and was waiting to hear - got the same good news you did :-)
Old Apr 9, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
This is great. Does anyone have experience in doing this and the AS business card at the same time? Should I space them out or apply simultaneously?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:03 pm

Shoot, applied for pers (25k) and biz (20k) a couple months ago. I emailed and was denied the bump.

"We understand your concern regarding the promotion offer you viewed online; however, we need to inform you that we are not able to apply new promotions to existing cards. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause."
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by SSeattleI5
Shoot, applied for pers (25k) and biz (20k) a couple months ago. I emailed and was denied the bump.

"We understand your concern regarding the promotion offer you viewed online; however, we need to inform you that we are not able to apply new promotions to existing cards. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause."
I got my AS card last month, called the customer service, and alas was denied the bump, too. I closed the card on the spot. I will re-apply later if needed
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
is there a spend requirement for this card?
the app page didn't specify.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:11 pm
inY

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
I've always applied for the Alaska card (or any other MBNA/BofA card) using the 800# and priority code listed. Once the app process is done, I get transferred over to the credit dept where I get approved with the CL needed (i.e. for Alaska always enough to get the signature and the max bonus), so there are no surprises when the card comes.
In this case, we do not have a priority code. Please do not call.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:12 pm
inY

Originally Posted by vmsea
is there a spend requirement for this card?
the app page didn't specify.
I think it's approval or first purchase. BoA also does Hawaiian and the $1000 spend for Hawaiian is hidden in the terms. The terms here do not list such a requirement.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:14 pm
inY

Originally Posted by JDeux
Thanks for this tip. If I don't have the mailer with me, is the priority code the 7 numbers in the url?
No. Priority codes are 6 alphanumeric characters. Apply online.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Loyal to friends, family, compatriots; not crooked multi-national corporations
Originally Posted by inY
No. Priority codes are 6 alphanumeric characters. Apply online.
Gotcha, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.