Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:05 am

got my gift from my secret santa :-)
Attached Images  

Last edited by annielee; Dec 14, 2016 at 1:14 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:29 am

Realized I probably forgot to write anything to do with FT on the cards for my giftee, so I apologize for that! Hope they're enjoying things as they were delivered yesterday.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:49 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa feels like he is a broken record. YOU have to send me a detailed private message on WHAT you ship and WHAT you receive. Posting in this thread is not sufficient; as I do not have time to verify each message with my file... I do that via PMs I receive. In addition, just telling me you "shipped your gift" is not helpful if your giftee is getting gifts from more than one person. You will not get credit for fulfilling your responsibilities if I cannot match gifts up with the right person.

I am truly concerned over the number of messages being ignored from me and number of blank spots in my spreadsheet. Santa is not pleased.

Last edited by wharvey; Dec 14, 2016 at 8:55 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
There are some times when a package gets delayed for reasons out of a carrier's control
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-n...Few?li=BBnb7Kz
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by wharvey
Santa feels like he is a broken record. YOU have to send me a detailed private message on WHAT you ship and WHAT you receive. Posting in this thread is not sufficient; as I do not have time to verify each message with my file... I do that via PMs I receive. In addition, just telling me you "shipped your gift" is not helpful if your giftee is getting gifts from more than one person. You will not get credit for fulfilling your responsibilities if I cannot match gifts up with the right person.

I am truly concerned over the number of messages being ignored from me and number of blank spots in my spreadsheet. Santa is not pleased.
Sorry to hear this is going on. Hopefully, people don't ruin Secret Santa before I even get the opportunity to participate
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:58 pm

Thank you so much, Lisabeth!

So perfect!
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Hey all - so far received three of four gifts and loving them all!

First received - an awesome cook book and wine pairing recommendations. I've already made two recipes from it!

Second received - two Gemini Jet models to go with my collection. They already have a nice perch on my desk at work!

Third received - A fun box full of several awesome things including a cook book, a fun book to read on the plane, a few plane models from Japan, a bottle cap collector, and amazingly nice pewter wine corker and topper!

An awesome year of Secret Santa!! Thanks to everyone!!!
Attached Images     
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:16 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Redhead
Thank you to MissyDarlin and Charles Squires! My daughter mixed up the tags so not sure who gave what but we loved the:

- Duplo legos: my daughter actually is home sick from daycare today so they are getting use!

- Bath bombs - I've already soaked twice. Mmm, wonderful

- Bath salts - love the scents

- Essential oils - totally taking your idea Missy and mixing to make a sugar scrub!

- Mandala coasters - already in use since my old coasters were falling apart

- Blank note cards - perfect for holiday thank you gifts

- Dalek earrings - I've already worn them and my daughter said "Daleks Mommy!" I'm raising a Dr Who fan

- I can't believe I forgot to list the cool socks - art socks. I'm wearing the George Washington ones today and feeling powerful

Thanks!!!!
You're welcome! Did your daughter get the book set? They should have been delivered (wrapped) with the socks, bath bombs, and oils.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
If you are my secret santa and wondering why I haven't posted, I am overseas and still awaiting forwarding of your package. It was delivered to my freight forwarder no problems.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: Too many
A massive thanks to my Santa (from Victoria, Australia!) a fantastic Barbie Dolls of the World Australia (you are spot on as I did not have this one and love it!!!!! and a Lego Technic for my hubby and he is THRILLED!!!! Absolutely love the gifts and the cards and not sure where you live but if you're ever in Melbourne let me buy you a coffee. Merry Christmas!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
Here goes first package came last night and my wife loved every bit of it, I myself dived into the new coffee we received this morning....super yummy! P Thank you so much to our secret santa!

Last edited by mdovenmuehler; Dec 15, 2016 at 8:37 am
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
You're welcome! Did your daughter get the book set? They should have been delivered (wrapped) with the socks, bath bombs, and oils.
Yes, I knew I forgot something to list! She grabbed the Amelia Bedelia books and took them to her room - we've read one so far (a few chapters a night) and starting a new one tonight.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 11:07 am

Update: gift received (maybe?)

FedEx just dropped off a package. As I didn't recognize the return address I had the kid open it. He described the contents as "something unwrapped that you'll like" so I'm guessing it to be my second Secret Santa gift.

Will report back after Christmas.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 12:39 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
So I may have forgotten to actually include something for my Secret Santa that tells them who it is from.. if someone gets a brown box from "Paul" in Victoria, BC, it's probably from me! I saw it was delivered today (and it required a signature). Once the person posts in here I'll let them know if they haven't figured it out yet!
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:08 pm

Thanks for the delicious-smelling Pumpkin Spice coffee, PBJAG! Can't wait to try some tomorrow morning!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.