Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 8:38 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update: I just sent EMAIL messages to a number of you. The FT system had not shown that your Santa Assignment message had been read. Of course, you may have read via forwarding PMs to your email... but please confirm back to me.

I had someone yesterday who had received their assignment three weeks ago tell me they only saw it yesterday after receiving their gift. There is a reason I ask people to check messages regularly!

I would also appreciate getting an update from everyone on your status of sending gifts... I have too many blank spots in my spreadsheet for my comfort!

Also, reminder that today is the last day to sign up or get an additional assignment.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
2016 hasn't been the best of years for the world as some may agree with, but this thread really does give your faith back in humanity.

Well done all of you participating and wharvey and his elves for organising such a mammoth task.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:10 am

Received my first gift at work yesterday. Thank you MrDplus for the treats from Iowa! The crummy cell phone picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a collection of various locally made snacks and sweets, packed in an Iowa shaped basket.

I've never been, but have actually wanted to visit for a long time, based on a random TV show I saw with one of my then-roommates showcasing a handful of delicious-looking local restaurants. On top of that, ever since I started dating someone from Wisconsin, I've been rather fixated on eating my way through various Midwestern state fairs, and I hear Iowa's is a doozy. So, I'm excited to get a little preview of tasty things to come in the mail.

Thanks again, and hope you have a great holiday!

Old Dec 2, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta SM
ftss gifts

Got my anonymous FT Secret Santa gifts.
This will help motivate me to move during the cold winter months.
Thanks!!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: UA, AA ,FB, Marriott, Enterprise,Amex
Got a lovely box of gifts yesterday from my Secret Santa Josh. I love trying to new food, and Josh(?) sent delicious Maple Cookies and Maple Syrup! I'm also heading to Hawaii soon, and he sent a guidebook, a comfort kit for the plane trip and an insulated mug for my Pina Coladas that I will have to drink while planning out my vacation!
Attached Images  

Last edited by jondabomb; Dec 2, 2016 at 10:19 am Reason: trying to get the pic to display.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Oops-I forgot to mention that my Secret Santa also gave me a Yankee Candle spray can of room freshener (pictured, but not mentioned), and a pair of bluetooth headphones (they arrived separately from Amazon and I did not realize it was from Santa-I thought I had ordered them for myself some time ago and forgotten. Thanks so much Santa, I will make sure to sign up for two Santas next year!!
Old Dec 2, 2016, 1:48 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Thomas Sivapatham
2016 hasn't been the best of years for the world as some may agree with, but this thread really does give your faith back in humanity.

Well done all of you participating and wharvey and his elves for organising such a mammoth task.
your TP run in Nepal was the best I've read this year x
Old Dec 2, 2016, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by onthewaytoadventure
Received my first gift at work yesterday. Thank you MrDplus for the treats from Iowa! The crummy cell phone picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a collection of various locally made snacks and sweets, packed in an Iowa shaped basket.

I've never been, but have actually wanted to visit for a long time, based on a random TV show I saw with one of my then-roommates showcasing a handful of delicious-looking local restaurants. On top of that, ever since I started dating someone from Wisconsin, I've been rather fixated on eating my way through various Midwestern state fairs, and I hear Iowa's is a doozy. So, I'm excited to get a little preview of tasty things to come in the mail.

Thanks again, and hope you have a great holiday!
onthewaytoadventure, you're welcome. I'm glad to hear you like the present.

When you come to the Iowa State Fair, let me know. I've only lived here for 3.5 years, and have yet to go to the fair.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by linzbh
your TP run in Nepal was the best I've read this year x
was a memory that's for sure.

- if people need a distraction from all the merriness - here is the Katmandu back to back turnaround attempt -

cops, rifles and a very good staff member

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...naround-2.html
Old Dec 3, 2016, 12:07 pm

My package arrived yesterday!!!! Thanks, Josh! I only briefly peeked at the book (as part of the paper had ripped anyway)... The rest will wait until Christmas. I hadn't put my tree up yet, so I made sure to do that pronto. Also, my cat was thrilled to have a present of his own... Likely an unintentional gift, but appreciated regardless. ^

Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by mario02423
Also, my cat was thrilled to have a present of his own... Likely an unintentional gift, but appreciated regardless. ^

Around here, the felines believe I order things from Amazon just so they can have new boxes to play in.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop

- if people need a distraction from all the merriness - here is the Katmandu back to back turnaround attempt -

A very entertaining read.

Something not as dramatic happened to HeadElf53 several years ago on a year end domestic US mileage run. I came clean and told the pilot what I was doing. He , then smiled. Oh, he said. You're one of those people.
Old Dec 3, 2016, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
A very entertaining read.

Something not as dramatic happened to HeadElf53 several years ago on a year end domestic US mileage run. I came clean and told the pilot what I was doing. He , then smiled. Oh, he said. You're one of those people.
Try explaining it when a delay pushes your original flight back, causing you to spend the night, because you miss your about 1 hour turnaround.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by MrDplus
onthewaytoadventure, you're welcome. I'm glad to hear you like the present.

When you come to the Iowa State Fair, let me know. I've only lived here for 3.5 years, and have yet to go to the fair.
I haven't lived in Iowa since 2009 and I still dream about the deep-fried Oreos at the state fair! I'm not a Fried food kind of girl either.

Also, to the person dating someone from Wisconsin, you have got to give the creampuffs and brownies from the Wisconsin State fair a chance! Oh! And the milk shots! They give you small cups, not exactly shot glass size but not exactly as big as a highball or old-fashioned either, of milk. The kicker? You get to pick from quite a number of flavorings to go into your milk. It is the dairy state after all ;-)

I'm from neither of those states. I went to undergrad at UW and med school in Iowa and my first time at a state fair was in the Midwest. And the food was surprisingly out of this world!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver

Wow! Cops, rifles, and a staff member? This sounds like the beginnings of an epic adventure! Should I bring popcorn? LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.