Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Kipper - Thanks for sharing the video. It gave me a great laugh and reminded me of the personality traits of cats. Obviously you feed them to well. As a cat owner myself, I am not suggesting animal cruelty, but if you skip a feeding or two I am sure that they will become move animated/engaged with figuring out how to release the treats.

Hope that you have a fantastic New Year and that your travels in 2017 are safe and IROPs free.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Kipper - Thanks for sharing the video. It gave me a great laugh and reminded me of the personality traits of cats. Obviously you feed them to well. As a cat owner myself, I am not suggesting animal cruelty, but if you skip a feeding or two I am sure that they will become move animated/engaged with figuring out how to release the treats.
It's not kitty treats in there, it's their regular kibble!

Two out of three cats do just fine getting their meals from it, but the Maine Coon, alpha cat to the tip of his fluffy tail, prefers to be served.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:45 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
I just received a box from FedEx I assume its from my second Secret Santa.
When I first opened it, I was a bit confused, but I dove into it I started laughing. my secret santa is a genius. I have to go back and find out if I mention my love for Sriracha in the description, but somehow that was in there. the personal individual comments for each box are very much appreciated as well.

Thank you very much

photos attached.
Attached Images   
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I got this poster from one of my Secret Santas and then got it framed using a gift card at Michael's from last year's Santa

This might be a better URL

Last edited by Redhead; Dec 28, 2016 at 12:07 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Redhead - Thank you very much - they are great!
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960

Hope that you have a fantastic New Year and that your travels in 2017 are safe and IROPs free.
LOL, I wasn't the one who finally helped with the video. It was beyond my technological capabilities.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: FB Platinum
I finally opened my presents yesterday after arriving from our holiday in Thailand. Thank you Laguna1 again for your thoughtfulness, I loved every single thing!

Chocolates and pistachios will be treasured for as long - or short - as possible. Both bottle openers will be put to good use right away and especially during our New Year's Eve party in a few days. My partner has taken semi ownership of the cap, but I won't let go of the luggage tag and the mug The sticker and ornament are already in place - actually I had to take the ornament down for the picture - and the Lego set won't stay in the box for long. And the beautiful Xmas card will be treasured

This is the only SS package I have received so far. I have contacted the post but they can't do anything without a tracking number. I'll get in touch with wharvey and see what might have happened.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 29, 2016, 8:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by SteveHK
Received an awesome package from AtomicLush that included a Lego plane set (which I've already built!), a Gemini Jets Concorde (which has already joined my work fleet on my desk), and a Godiva wine and chocolate set. Great package!!!! Thanks, AtomicLush!!!
Glad you enjoyed the gifts! Took a little longer to receive the Gemini Jets than anticipated, so very happy that you were able to receive the package before the holidays. And you must be a master Legos builder! It takes me days (and sometimes weeks) to build them!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:49 pm

Got back to SF and opened my gifts - was so fun! Thank you santa for the beauty products and mulled wine kit!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects
And there's more...

Now that Christmas is over and before the New Year starts, I decided to finally tackle my mother's pile of bills and mail that have accumulated since my last visit.

To my delight and surprise, I found 2 envelopes from Amazon buried in the mix.

Enclosed in one was a London iPhone case from Santina91 and in the other, a Panera Bread gift card (from anonymous Secret Santa).

Many thanks for the lovely gifts! This teaches me to get the bills done a little more promptly!

Happy New Year!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:08 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Compubit Gifts So Far...

So Far, I've received the following:

1) Package from Catman - PM sent to wharvey

2) Southwest Die Cast Plane - unknown SS
3) Southwest $50 Gift Card - unknown SS (but think these two are tied together, as the note from Amazon was identical!)

4) Cable organizer Clips - unknown - no note nor indication - just arrived in a box (may be work item?)

Thanks, Catman and unknown SS!

Jim
Attached Images    
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Got a lovely box of Godiva chocolates- think it is from the Secret Santa who gifted me with David's Teas-thank you!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I finally made it to my alternate address, and found a bounty of goodies from tcl! Mr. Kipper insisted I wait until today to open it, so shortly after midnight, I opened it. I found two packages of socks, speaking to both my sock habit and my coffee habit. See, Mr. Kipper has made me promise not to buy socks, because I like socks and have so many. But, when other people send me socks, he can't do anything about it! I also found a package of Orijen lamb dog treats, which explains why Empress Cobaka tried to open the box herself! Then, opening other packages, there was a camo beer barrel tote to carry my beer. Well, ok, for Mr. Kipper to carry our beer. Plus, a coffee mug that will go to work with me. It attests to my love of dogs and my coffee habit, as it says, "Dog person. Will beg for coffee." Then, as if all of that wasn't enough, there was a very large french press, which will get used once we're back home. It's perfect, because on Sunday mornings, when we cook breakfast at home, usually, I want more coffee than Mr. Kipper does, now, it's easier to have that extra cup or two.

Thank you, tcl!
Old Dec 31, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Reminder, please post when you receive your gift. The person that sent it would like to know.

N.B. if you're not sure about anything in the Santa gift exchange, please re-read the first page. I've received several PM's that would make your head spin.

Thank you.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Happy New Year to you all! I have just picked up my second Secret Santa gift, this one from jameslon, after a UPS shenanigan. It is a beautiful reindeer box filled with Lush goodies and a board game! Thank you jameslon for your gift Here are some pics...
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.