Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Old Dec 20, 2016, 2:58 pm
Commander Catcop

OMG!!! My photo posted!!! I can stay on Santa's nice list!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Jinxy
Can't even begin to state my disappointment that neither of my Santas have bothered to post that they've received their gifts. Both would have received well and truly by now and both have been active on the site. For those of you that lurk this thread and have participated please be kind to everyone and post when you get a gift.

Spare a thought that someone from the other side of the world who went to the trouble of buying you; a stranger a gift and put thought into it, arranged shipping and tracked it's delivery. To get a big fat nudda is not in the spirit of Secret Santa. I would rather continue to buy for our local department's wishing well for kids then waste money on ungrateful people who are just plain rude.

This is the first year I've never had any of my giftees post (happened last year with 2 out of 6 too, even after I spent over $300 on postage alone!

Why bother signing up if you don't want to participate to the end?
I may be guilty of this because I stated that I got packages that were from Amazon- and when I started to open them realized that I hadn't ordered the item inside. I then also stated that I put them away for Christmas and will report back on that day once I actually open them.

Now I don't know that for sure I'm your Santee- but I will say, I made sure to at least post that I had received some things from Amazon and didn't yet know what they were.

On the flip side, I felt the same way you did until I realized my Santee had been on vacation. And I myself just returned from holiday. So while I get it, I'm just saying that some of us actually aren't opening before Christmas.

And as a second thought, I happen to know that my second secret santa has received all of their gifts but one via tracking numbers and they came in last week. No mention of anything. But I'm not sweating it because maybe they were away. Maybe they are still away. I had fun picking things and the spirit of giving was fun. Hopefully they enjoy but if not, oh well. I tried at least....

Last edited by sperkins921; Dec 20, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Old Dec 20, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Just back from holiday (and a grueling adventure with B6 and FLL....which was NOT fun) and came in to work this morning to a big box from Starbucks. At first, I thought it was office gift exchange because my desk had a few surprises from staff but a quick PM to wharvey confirms it's from my secret santa.

Dear Santa:
I don't know what's inside yet but I'm saying THANK YOU now. I'll open it on 25 Dec, and I'll post pics and say THANK YOU again!!
Old Dec 20, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
To my Santa who sent me the book "Journal of a Soul" from my Amazon wish list, thank you so much.

I had even forgotten I had put it on my list, so it was a good surprise

Sorry I had not thanked you, but there was a note saying there was something else coming up in a couple days, and was waiting for that package to arrive to post here.

I've lost the note, so I cannot thank you by name. Sorry 😐
Old Dec 20, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good evening,
I was able to discover a package that I thought I had received from Amazon for my daughter. It turns out it was a Secret Santa gift.

Thank you so much for the Ticket for the Train board game. This will be a lot of fun to play this holiday.

Thank you once again.
Sandra
sandratravels
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Catman
Many MEOWY Thanks to my Secret Santa who hit a home run

Once
Twice
Thrice
FOUR TIMES!!!

(My Mets can use you)

*Love Lonely Planet guides and hoped I would get one for Iceland where I hope to see the Northern Lights in 2017
*Did not know there was a book on the life of one of my favorite artists, George Strait. Will enjoy getting to know more about the KING of country Music
*Beer is one of my four basic food groups so I will enjoy learning more of one of my favorite things (and suspect my Beer buds will ask to borrow the book)
*BONUS: My Winnie and Tigger thank you for their treats. They love getting gifts as much as I do.

PAWS crossed my photo posts here! I hate technology!

PS: Secret Santa if you come to NYC please message me for a drink or lunch or Dinner or a rumoured new Soup Do in 2017

MEOWY Holidays Everyone!!!
I believe you and Santa had been discussing Philadelphia instead of New York. Santa also says that there will be another item for you.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
I believe you and Santa had been discussing Philadelphia instead of New York. Santa also says that there will be another item for you.
Party in Philadelphia?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:51 pm

German cookies and Stollen bread, yummy

Ricecakes received a lovely gift of Christmas Cookies and Stollen bread from a German Bakery. Very tasty cookies,my husband was thrilled to share in them. As a first time participant in the Secret Santa, it was lots of fun. Hopefully my picture gets uploaded.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 20, 2016, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Party in Philadelphia?
Perhaps.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I received the first part of my second gift from Hong Kong today. Santa has warned me that customs may have unpacked the content so for now just a picture of the shipping box. I can see that it came to Tokyo on CX....

Thank you in advance, I look forward to opening the box for with my other Christmas gifts. 24th in the evening by Danish tradition. And apologise in advance if pictures of the content slip a bit compared to that. Will be in Denmark for family Christmas.

Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:24 am

I received my gifts the other day from my FT Secret Santa! I wish I knew who it was... Thank you, whoever you are!

I apologize for the delay--we've done most of our Christmas shopping online and I piled these Amazon gift boxes with our other Christmas deliveries (like 16 boxes) and didn't get to open them for a few days.

I received some great Ohio State Buckeyes coasters and grilling spatula and a magnetic wristband for holding tools, screws, doohickies, etc. Good stuff!

Thanks,
Jason
Attached Images  
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:54 am

Programs: AA, Delta, and United
Thanks to my Santa

I got my Secret Santa gift a few days ago and finally got around to posting a picture here. My gift came in four small packages from Amazon and I must say when I got the notification from UPS that 4 packages were coming.... I was a little nervous my kids had gone crazy pushing the Amazon Dash buttons around the house lol.

My items included:

- Hard sided black electronics travel size case.
- Colorful electronic cable ties.
- Mini chocolates
- Colored pens
- Mesh cable storage bags
- Travel pop up bag

This was a great Secret Santa gift and I can't wait to do it again next year! Sorry I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture of everything

Lindsay
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:16 am

Dear Santa who sent me the coal,

I know I've been naughty this year, but I tried. I really did try. But being naughty is so much fun!

Thanks,
Kipper
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:18 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Oh, Chief Santa knows you try to be naughty.... actually, it seems to come too easily to you!

Originally Posted by kipper
Dear Santa who sent me the coal,

I know I've been naughty this year, but I tried. I really did try. But being naughty is so much fun!

Thanks,
Kipper
Old Dec 21, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Girodano's!

Thank you lakee911 for the fantastic Girodano's pizzas! They arrived today and everyone was excited to see it. We love Giordano's and can't wait to cook 'em up! ^^

To my other Santa - I have received your gifts via Amazon and will open and post on Christmas Day. These were clearly perishable and needed to be popped in the freezer. Hope you understand!

Last edited by RockinRon; Dec 21, 2016 at 9:41 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.